Work it was!
It was a great time off of school and also time out of the offices but there was little time for rest on this three full day getaway! We were thankful for a Sunday of rest between the two busy days.
The guys set up four huge amazing looking tree stands! (I think they could pass for mini houses)
These stands are scent locked, insulated and waterproof! How much better could it get on those sometimes freezing hunting days that come during our winter months here?
I took a run/walk out one day and saw where three out of the four stands were set up.
The trails up on the cabin grounds are so beautiful!! I was out every morning but I missed my running buddy. Dave is struggling with his ankle again and he has taken to his bike for the time being.
His ankle took about all it could take during the tree stand set up days so he wasn't doing anything extra on it on the trails with me. It's not the same being on the trails alone.
We are preparing for surgery this winter. We hope this will fix up the ankle for good.
I love the outdoors and the mountain air and sunshine after the rain was so lovely!
Trimming trees so we have a better view from the porch can be really scary!
The guys were busy but they did get a few games of "Aquire" in over the week-end...
The first thing Jordan does when we get to the cabin each time is hop on the four wheeler and goes to check all the property trail cameras... I asked him for a few of the best trail camera pictures and this is what he sent me...
So beautiful!!...
Of course Jazlyn had to come with us... Her first trip to the cabin was fun and she seems happy as long as she is with Jenika...:) (I don't blame her!) She is doing great with the potty thing as long as we are here to take her out every few hours. During the night she makes it through if I wake with Dave early in the morning to take her out. Otherwise she has a few piles in the laundry room for Jen to clean up when she wakes...:) She so badly wants her to sleep with her but as long as she can't make it through the night this momma says "no way".
We hope to be spending many weekends at the cabin in the months ahead making use of these new tree stands!
It does not feel the same up here anymore though since our best farmer friend has passed into eternity. Robert made our cabin weekends a highlight and we will greatly miss him! He passed away about a month ago from cancer that started in the liver. He was greatly looking forward to many porch visits with the guys when we came up on Labor Day Week-End. He knew his Bible real well and He also talked Dave's Real Estate Language. He liked Robert a lot! He even got him up on the parachute plane the summer before last!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave ordered me a bike for my birthday. This way I will be able to bike with him!
I did about ten miles with him last week and my butt was sore for days! Plus... I had to keep getting off to walk those hills! I thought I was more fit then that but I guess the bike has some work to do! (or I do rather:}) It didn't help that it was a Walmart bike I was using! A few times I mumbled "Just take this bike from me and let me run!"...:) I think I will like biking but I hope it won't take away from running.
When I was out shopping with Jordan he had me fit on some boots. When I slipped into them he said "Do you like them?" I really did! When he thought I was occupied he slipped up and paid for them and saved them for my birthday day!... Thank you Jordan!!! I will treasure these forever! His thoughtfulness is something that is just so "Jordan" and I love love this about him!!
We still drink Kombucha here! Right now the berries are plentiful and the grapes to! I used them in the last batch of Kombucha and it made for a great batch!! I do about six gallons every ten days.
This just arrived by mail last week to...
The "Beamer Therapy Pad" is something I have been researching for some time now! Dave set a goal for us and once we reached it we could order the Beamer Pad. I was so happy to see this and I hope it will help with Jordan's immune function and I hope it will help Eva to!
Today we went to apply for Eva's Birth certificate. (She had misplaced her original) She had been trying to get her hands on another one for some time now and she was having trouble but today was successful and she should have her new birth certificate in hand by next week!! Plans are to get her drivers permit after that!! This is a huge step for Eva Jane!! Things will really change for us all once Eva is finally driving! We are excited!...:)
The day is rainy. We are off to the chiropractor and then it will be a lazy night of homework and reading time...:)
Stay warm and dry... Lets remember to Pray for those in the pathway of the worst hurricane in history brewing in the Atlantic!
Hurricane Irma is bearing down on the US. as a caragory 5 hurricane!! It is literally off the charts strong!! Most likely it will be hitting in Florida somewhere and those down there are in evacuation mode!!
No comments:
Post a Comment