Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Zook Family Update...

I was in the middle of this post awhile back and I never got back to it...


Figure I might as well just post it since its been so long... I will add at the place where I stopped and continue until I just hit "publish"...:)

I'm sitting on the side porch on this perfectly beautiful Saturday morning. The rain is falling hard and steady and it is nothing but refreshing to me and my surroundings.

It has been so long since I tuned in here.

June is always my favorite month of the year and I haven't been on here to document all of the wonderful things about June...:)

Our favorite place to start our days... This has become something we hate to miss on the daily...




It has been a real unique year thus far. One I will want to record here.

So many things are happening and change is something we have become accustom to by now...:)

 It seems things change on the daily.

Business is busy! Dave, Justin and Jordan go full tilt all week long and still never get caught up with all things sheds. horse barns,dog kennels, backyard pergolas and more!! And if you have any extra chicken coops laying around we will take them because they have become a hot commodity around here!

Dave is also structuring new investment opportunities. Although his travels are very light this side of things has been keeping his brain very active on the daily...:)

We are so THANKFUL to still make time to do our hour run in the mornings. We both love our time in the mornings to run/walk together...

Just to keep things as short as possible with not blogging for so long I'm just going to do a quick run down update on each of us, our summer so far and all that...:)

Justin...
He has become more and more active in his new seat at Horizon Structures. He has become a partner in this space. He is blessed to now be a business owner right next to and along side his father and his uncles...



 Although some days he misses the outdoors he has been stretched yet thriving, growing and learning!

Justin decided on quick notice to Airbnb his newly finished house! The house has been complete but was setting dirty and unfurnished for months. He thought they'd do all that slow over the summer but all of the sudden with only exterior pictures it pops up on Airbnb's website! He got his first booking almost immediately! This meant a mad scramble to finish and furnish the interior!

He made doors. Beautiful barn door style doors for the closet and pantry! He quickly finished up around the outside. We were all over cleaning the house and mowing the other evening. Now to furnish it! Eva has been helping and they have it coming together nicely! It will be a lovely little home for Airbnb guests to enjoy!

Airbnb pictures...

Getting set up...


My mom and dad as always were wonderful! Dad does his thing and so does mom.... We love them so much!








 Justin's shed truck saw its last day...

He had a driver in it and things were just starting to get rolling when a car ran a stop sign right in front of Justin's driver! Thankfully he was okay! The truck is done but insurance was good enough that Justin decided to buy and set up another delivery truck and trailer.


Also started his ballgames. He gets asked to play in tournaments with other teams because he is a heavy hitter. We tell him now is a time he might want to say "No" but he doesn't. He just adds it to his already full plate....:)

 He reminds me so much of his father most days. Booking the house and then figuring out how to get it all ready and furnished is just the style they thrive on...:) He already has pretty many bookings for his house so he raised his price per night... I know the guests will love it!

Justin still makes my morning coffee every morning. We are hanging on to the days with him here! He has gotten busy this past week or two and we don't see him as much but we all have gotten out a bit more to so we just catch up when we can.

Jordan....
He loves his social life.

He has so many friends but he has figured out which ones he likes to hang with the best...:)

He fishes every chance he gets and he is good at it to!


He goes out on the job sites and does the prefab buildings. His hours are insane most days and I wonder how he can survive on so little sleep! They sometimes go far out of the area and they need to start early to complete at a decent hour so they leave at wee hours of the morning! This week by Wednesday morning at 6:30 he tipped over into his overtime hours! This prefab job has him sacrificing some of his social life (which he don't appreciate) but it is growing and stretching him in every way!!

He is staying healthy. We try to squeeze in his infusions anywhere we can during this busy season! Last week he texted me from work "When did we last do an infusion? It feels like its been a month!" It was only a few days past due but in this season it has been slipping our minds and harder to find time to do when we are both here for a few hours...:) He lost so much weight again and he is down like thirty something pounds since December. I love his zeal for life and I love how he loves!

He has always and still does appreciate and notice a beautiful sky! He sends me pictures often and I LOVE this about Jordan!! Here are a few he sent as he began his day on the job site... I'd say he works in some pretty places!



Jordan still loves and is so good to his little brother! They love to catch up at night before they go to sleep and Javon always asks about Jordan when he is not home when he goes to bed.

Jordan drops family like hot bricks right now for his friends but we love when Jordan is not to busy to hangout with us but I love how he loves and cherishes those close to him!

Jenika....

Still a party.

 Loves having friends over.

Loves to plan and be in charge of anything!

 She is a great help around the house and does enjoy putting hours in at the offices helping out in any way she can. She thrives on being productive and gets grumpy when she has no responsibilities.

She makes wonderful shortcakes and desserts for us! We can always count on her goodies when we take something to share at any event (which is often these days)

Jazlyn has had puppies!! Four of them but one had died at birth so she has three. Three different colors. She was right there as they were being born and she even was trying to help! She takes wonderful care of them and she wants the challenge of selling them to good homes. Puppies are all males. Jenika takes wonderful care of them and she spends hours tending to every need!...:)



She misses school and her friends.

She has been a wonderful help at Justin's house! She cleaned out cabinets and stuck to it even when it got hard...

Jenika loves to cross the road to Rachel Ann's a few times a week! She spends some time with Bryant and Ava and she often ends up getting in their pool with them...:)

Javon...

Javon is loving his summer so far! He likes it at home like me...:)

His steel plate business keeps him stepping. He has an order right now he is working to fill. He always likes it better when cousins help him stack the plates for him.


He is excited about joining his dad on a trip to Michigan soon!

Javon loves his dog Nub but Nub's favorite person is not Javon. Nub likes Dave best. She follows him everywhere when he is around! She likes to ride on the truck and run with him! We all LOVE Javon's dog Nub!...:) We think she is the most blessed dog there ever could be...;)


A bee sting that kept him off his foot for a few days...


Javon is quiet spirited and gentle, We think he is the perfect last born child...:)


Dave and I are enjoying this stage of our lives so much.

We both know that these days will be short with all the kids here under our one roof...:)

The things Dave is into these days... He is on the phone many hours a day talking to whoever it is he talks to...:) He loves what he does! God must have known he needs people in his life and he is blessed to have many many friends that walk along side him! He works closely with his brothers and they are some of his top best friends.

He flies in the sky still and his recent new toy is called a "jet surf" so he has some new thing now that requires water.


He loves Nub and she even has a place in his office and as you can tell she really does love it...:)






When I couldn't find him over strawberry season I often found him in the patch munching as fast as he could pick...:)



He took great pleasure in killing this rattle snake on our recent mini vacation with the Zook family. He of all people probably should have kept his distance! If a bee almost killed him I'd hate to think what a snake bite would do!


This man loves and cares for us "his family" so well!

We are so BLESSED to have a man that leads us by example. His Godly leadership and wisdom have been a bigger blessing to us then we will ever see with our human eye! These past few months of uncertainty have had him digging deeper into his calling and his calmness about life always calms me to.

We are thankful for you... My Love!

Update on myself...

I do not have time.

I'm going to save it for another post. I call this "my year of healing".

 I have an amazing testimony to share. I will share it.

The bible verse I choose to put on my coffee mug at the beginning of this year has been so significant! I use this mug every single morning and this verse fits perfect for this year!


I'm off for today... I hope to return before so long!

 I also want to post the fun Zook family vacation we just did last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment