It's a fun day of all day competition!
Jenika and Javon were both on the "black team" and they are going to find out tomorrow for sure but we are pretty confident that the black team won!
I had Justin to his weekly chiropractor appointment early but then Doc cleared him to do two hours in the chamber so I was gone longer then expected. I made it to school after lunch was already over and later then I like to arrive for Track day.
Jenika and Javon were both excited to see me and I was glad to make it for the last half of the day.
Javon won the foot races...:) He is still a natural runner!
He loves his friends more then he loves the games and competition! Track and Field is not his most favorite day... He is not as competitive at heart as some...:)
| Dante, Gabriel and Ty with Javon...:) |
| First grade has been a stretch for Javon but he had a great year of growth! |
The day is damp, cloudy and chilly once again. It has become a normal these days! We hope the weather man has gotten off of his "broken record issue" and is right as he says "SUN" for the next few days!! Aw yes and he says warm to! Bring it on!
Justin is still healing. He has started more full work days this week. He has had a headache the last few days so we decided to do two hours in the Hyperbaric Chamber after his adjustment today. We are praying he will not get regular headaches! His Dallas trip had him out of routine and the travel was maybe not the best idea but he enjoyed his time away so much! He took lots of notes from the Brian Tracy/ Darren Hardy event and learned he some great practical stuff! Like looking at our daily HABITS a bit more closely.
Excitement is in the air here these days! Not only because school is almost over but because Mia had seven puppies! The pony is back on our ground! A new hamster is here! The chore chart was full of strokes. The Little's were stock piling them for a hamster instead of the usual payment. They put together the money they had (which was thirteen dollars) and I paid for bedding and some small things for the hamster for the chore payment...:) They are thrilled to be back to making block houses for Hammy!..:)
Little boys in the woods looks so natural! I love that we can think about a long fun summer ahead with lots of outdoor exploring! And I love that we have friends to explore with that live just next door!!...:)
Jordan enjoyed his fun day out on his field trip last week! They went to Gettysburg Battlefields and he was amazed at some of the things they learned about the civil war!
Middle School Track and Field is tomorrow now. We love that we are in the last fun days of the school year!
We just did Jordan's infusion after school today. He has been low lately and after his CHOP appointment the other week we figured out why. He gained weight and grew taller so he wasn't getting a large enough of dose of his monthly antibodies for his size anymore. We upped from ten grams to twelve grams of antibody meds, also we went with three needles instead of two and the needles are also a bit longer. This should stop the pain, the leakage and the low immunity that we were dealing with the past few months. Jordan had two really sick days in the last few weeks and this is so extremely rare for him that I was worried. Thankfully he snapped out of it fast each time!
Mom had her yearly cancer Doctor check up yesterday. I took her to her appointment then we made a stop for lunch and a few other places on the way home. It was a great day out with my mom! We are so thankful that her check up went well and she has now been cancer free for nine years!! Praise the Lord!! She only sees this cancer Doctor once a year!
Thanks Mom for the fun day out! It was raining but it was perfect to be out in it with you...:)
My moms cancer journey had me thinking... I now have it in my family. Doctors tell mom her daughters are at risk now. Mammograms are protocol earlier and earlier.
This is what I'm educating myself on these days!...
Let me tell you... There is tons of information in these episodes! I have gotten only half the way through and the information has my mind in overload! There are many more ways to treat this horrid disease then just the medical way. Big Pharma is scary. What they are doing to our country is scary. How they brainwash society is scary. Who do we put our trust in!? The man made drugs that make Big Pharma tons of money or God's natural healing remedies that won't keep these scary folks in business!? There are tons of preventive measures we can take to avoid the disease to! The information on here is mind boggling and I'm not always sure what to do with it all! I'm processing... I'm not anti medical for sure. A place for it all I know... It's just better to be educated then to follow the masses uneducated. I'm learning stuff about Essential Oils, about Essiac Tea, about Cannabis Oil and I'm not near through yet! Lord help us!
Its coming to be that time of the year where Kombucha Tea tastes the best! We drink it all year long but it is the best summertime drink out there! I brew seven gallons every ten days and I have great looking cultures coming along often! Research it and let me know if you want to try some! I'll pass you a starter and teach you how to make your own! It has become a daily drink here and I'm having extra to experiment with. Last week I tried the second ferment process with raspberries. It was great! This week I'm trying fresh strawberry! Mom and I found a place along the road yesterday selling fresh strawberries!! The season is coming and mine will be ready soon to!
Lots is happening in Belize!! I want to download the latest pictures and share them with you! We are all missing the place and its weather! Once it gets warm here maybe we will miss it less? We hope to return for a few days in July and then again next winter! Such an exciting project!
Dave has lots else going on! He closes syndicated properties more then ever and he is soaking up the opportunities while they are still here. He sees the market changing from when he first started his syndication journey. He enjoys and always has enjoyed playing the time game (he mostly slides in sideways with his tongue hanging out!) so he is enjoying what he does more then ever! Last weeks Daren Hardy event had him taking a closer look at his daily habits and changing things up a bit.
The once session they did was on social media and gadgets in general. They are eating away at our society and our communication skills. Imaginations are being snuffed out in kids and they get to little time outdoors or just moving in general!
Kids are quick to become addicted to or consumed with screen time! I see it in my own home! I'm starting to realize the reality of the problem that it is. Sometimes when I walk into a room I will find all four kids and my husband on a gadget! I get my own screen time to. To much of it.
It becomes habit. It becomes focus. It becomes master of life if we let it.
How do we limit consistently in this busy lifestyle that we live in!?
How do we say "No" if we know what a great babysitter it can be!?
How can we discipline ourselves so that our kids have a good example!?
Sometimes Jenika will be on my IPhone and the big boys will both be lounging on there own... I will hear Javon bored out of his mind... mutter under his breath " I can't wait until I can have my very own phone!" Seriously what is wrong with this picture!?
We do not have TV and I'm so often so thankful but the gadgets can get just as much out of hand if not even more since they are more mobile!
Dave was away last weekend and Saturday was busy. We worked outside moving rocks around the pond and doing other yard work. The day seemed long and after I fell into the fish pond (scraping my elbow all up) when trying to dig out a big weed with a dirt shovel I had enough! I thought the weed was a plant until my pond guy told me it was a huge weed that should go! To top it off it started to rain a cold rain. We came in for an early shower and early downtime.
I rented the kids an Amazon rental movie and settled in with blankets to watch my own movie "Caged no More". It's on human trafficking and I was all into it. It wasn't long before Javon came down bored and not into his rental movie. He was at my side bored. He bounced balls in my face and I was short with him about it...:/ Finally he trudged off to do his own thing somewhere and deep down I felt bad.
Jordan comes to me at one point and says "Look at the sky mom!" I finished my movie that was almost done and quickly looked outside. It was breathtaking!..
The movie made me feel grumpy after wards. I was reminded how being aware of whats going on around me feels so much better and it feels way more productive to!
I am so glad that we watch very few movies here. Every time I watch something myself when the kids are around I feel so convicted. Maybe its because this seems to draw them even more towards there own gadget. We have so many in the house these days :/ I think we as parents know deep down how wrong it is to not limit screen time. It takes more discipline to our own self then to the kids at times. I struggle with being consistent. I can say it. I can get loud about it. I can make new rules about gadgets. They never seem to last for me and its totally my fault.
I like to do things myself. I let the kids entertain with a gadget so I can get work done. I did it way to often. I don't delegate my work out to them the way I should because its so easy to just let them entertain themselves on a gadget while I catch up my work. It's funny how when I am caught up with my work I still don't entertain them... I entertain myself with my own screen time. It is so extremely sad to see what is going on and I have to wonder what God thinks when he looks at the big picture.
Many great things can be learnt from the Internet! The other night at twelve thirty AM I googled "why is my seven year old having nose bleeds in the middle of the night every single night?"
It was so helpful! Javon had a bloody mess every night and I was actually getting worried. Internet informed me its most times dry air! It made perfect sense because we run an air purifier in there room at night in the springtime for Jordan's allergies and I think it dries out the air. We started to put coconut oil in Javon's nose every night when he goes to bed and it has been over a week now and he hasn't had a nosebleed since!
I like to google stuff.
I like to read educational stuff and fun creative blogs.
I love Pinterest for recipes and I now wonder why in the world I have so many cookbooks!?
I like to catch up with my friends on Facebook. How in the world do you find anything out without Facebook!?
Prayer requests on Facebook are great and I pray earnestly for people with prayer needs on there.
Quotes... I love them and save them daily.
It can all be so helpful. It can be so good. It can all be so time consuming to.
Music... I love it!! I have a music app that I would be lost without! I can save any song out there and worship music is a must for me in the morning these days! It gets me going and after the kids are out of the house I play it loud and I sometimes even sing loud with it...:)
We live our lives around the Internet.
If I'm upstairs deep into cleaning or organizing and I hear my phone make the slightest noise downstairs on the counter I can be consumed with the thought of who wants what from me until I finally just go look. It then has me sidetracked and it can take me really long to get back into it if I even do at all.
I know I'm totally babbling on but I know we probably all deal with it in one form or another and maybe we can learn from each other.
I once again started to make a conscious effort to leave my phone away more. It's okay to let the answering machine take the call. It's okay to not get to that text this very minute. Let the Email pile up a bit and catch up all at once at a time set aside just for that.
I'm realizing we live in a place where entertainment is a must and creativity and imagination are being snuffed out because of it. How sad!
I'm off... Dave has Jordan at a sportsman supper, Justin is at his weekly ball practice... against my wishes..:} (I tell him all the time... You need to rest more!) He is so excited to be going out with his dad this week car shopping! His drivers test is a month away and he is ready for his own set of wheels!...:) We are all excited about this new step in our household! Dave and I hope to do way less running around!...:)
Jenika is studying hard on states and capitals. She has this really cool "map song" she listens to and watches on "my phones" YouTube app! (gadget life again!) It has been so helpful because it sings the states and capitals in a really catchy tune and when it comes time to say them to me she seems to know them well! Oh well all in moderation I know! It's just hard to find the line and then stick to it! I want them to learn about the screens because it will be a necessary way of life for them one day. I want to train them to discipline themselves. Why is so hard!?
I think its great to be held accountable and at times my Jenika is quick to remind me of my short comings...:) We have an understanding... She will sit on a gadget 24/7 if I let her and she does not like to read at all. We are working on this. Communication is key as a family. Family meetings are great!
God gives grace... I have so much growing to do yet! God help me...:)
Good Night! This screen is going shut...:)
warning.. no proof reading done tonight.. excuse my mispellings and all other mishaps...:}

No comments:
Post a Comment