Friday, August 4, 2017

BLESSED With FRIENDS!


 
We enjoy friends!
 
We enjoy summer sleepovers all summer long...:)
 
We invite friends and friends invite us. My sisters and I trade kids and borrow each others kids some days right now. This is the time when they all start to get a little bored of summer activities and they start to just hang inside the house more. If we share kids it seems to keep them outdoors more and they are less bored with swimming and the other outdoor fun that they can't wait to do in winter but by summer's end they are bored with!... We are so BLESSED to have many friends to do life with!
 
 
Today Jenika and Javon have friends here. Natasha and Derek are here for the day and a sleepover.
 
Jenika was at Dezi's house (a school friend) yesterday and there she slept over and was home just in time to greet Natasha this morning for another full day of friend fun! She loves to party so this is totally her thing!! At Dezi's she had a total blast and she rode pony so long that she said it feels like her legs want to permanently stay in that riding position...:)
 
Today they were riding Ginger, swimming, (in our inflatable pool because the pond is drained because of leak problems) playing Lego's, riding golf carts and scooters and just all the fun stuff they do around here with friends. 
 
Javon and I did his school shopping yesterday afternoon into the evening since Jenika was out and our big guys are gone for awhile. I so enjoyed the one on one time spent with him and he is now all set for school. We got his clothes, shoes and all his school supplies. It was fun to see what he picked out. (He chose socks that come up past the knee! lol!!) We got a coffee drink to share and we ate supper on an outdoor table at Chick-Fil-A.
 
 
 
 
Dave made it home from Belize. He enjoyed time spent there with his SMC group. He once again came home with many more new friends! (Can't see how but he continues to make new friends every time he travels) He just loves meeting new people!..:) Bless his heart for being such a people person!...:) (I wish I was more like him:})
 
His laundry got washed/folded and stuck right back into his small suitcase for another international trip just a few days after his return from Belize. Nicaragua it is this time.
 
 Five days again.
 
This time he took Justin and Jordan with him.
 
The house seems so quiet and our food supply just stays the same pretty much!...:) I figure I'll grocery shop and prepare food the day before they arrive home but until then I'll enjoy the "much less" food prep around here! (tonight I picked up a pizza)
 
Dave took the big boys to Nicaragua to give the gift of mobility to hundreds of those in need. A brand new wheel chair!
 
They flew into Managua and met up with a group there. They worked with local school children to assemble the wheelchairs then they went to distribute them to over a hundred grateful families. Then they did a local distribution at a children's home for the disabled.
 
They travel to Grenada to do some sight-seeing and have a late dinner before calling it a day today.
 
Tomorrow they spend time with school children, Distribute more wheelchairs (for rugged use by villagers. Then they end up at a resort with a beach where they will enjoy some time Sunday before heading home Monday. The mission is called "Chair the Love" www.chairthelove.org
 
We can't wait to hear the stories they will have to tell!
 
Weekends can get long without Dave here (especially with the big boys out to) but we always go to church anyways and the time relaxing always does go by so fast. It rarely happens two weekends in a row but this time it did.
 
I'm a home body so when people ask "What do you do when Dave is out?" The answer is I just pretty much "Stay Home"...:) It feels relaxing to me because I know if he were home on these weekends we would be busy doing something probably even most likely every night...:) It feels like I'm really able to be making the most of these last few weeks of summer just relaxing more with the kids and being home extra much with less cooking and less laundry...:)
 
We will be so ready to see them come home again though don't get the wrong idea here!...:)
 
We have Eva...:) She has been in and out and she has spent a few nights here with us. We keep each other company and she is helpful to. We love having her here to help us pass the time and she is my adult conversation since Jordan is not here!...:)
 
Jordan was super excited about going to Nicaragua!
 
Here at home...
 
The yard work got done real good today. It was hot to work outside. While the Little's were entertained with friends I finished up the cleaning indoors and then moved out and did the yard work. Trimming edges, mowing, pulling weeds, and blowing. My cleaning girl moved west in June and I have been cleaning the house in sections for three days in a row each week ever since!
 
 Boy do I miss her! I have once again realized how very blessed I was to have a cleaning helper all these years!
 
Ever since we moved to the big house almost ten years ago now I have had help with my weekly cleaning. Rachel Ann was my girl for a really long time. She has an adorable little family of her own now (she is busy in the stage that I was in when she first started to come help me) but I still miss her. I have had a few cleaning helpers since she has left but after Ada moved west I decided to just do it myself for now. We are waiting until Eva is settled in at Horizon then once school starts we hope to snatch her out of the office and into our home cleaning routine for a half day a week...:)
 
I'm off to put four very tired kiddos to bed! I just heard a ruckus upstairs that sounded like this... Jenika hollering real loud with tons of excitement for Javon to come look in my bathroom real quick!!! Javon comes running then and I hear him flip out with Jenika!!! It sounded like Derek was the one in the bathtub with the jets going. (he didn't know how to operate) They were going and going and he was happily taking his bath. I guess the soap was to much and I'm picturing suds everywhere up there the way my Little's were flipping out...:)
 
(I calmly told them to just get some towels and soak it up...:})
 
 
Oh how BLESSED we are with friends to laugh with and to cry with!
 
Good-Night 

No comments:

Post a Comment