The party continues here today.
Thankful we are that the rains never really amounted to much and outdoor fun can be enjoyed.
The basement is the place where they come to hangout after they come in saying "it's cold outside"!
The Lego's have been so entertaining!
I tucked in six of the kiddos at midnight last night but I don't really know what time it was when they finally settled and went to sleep...:)
Javon, James, Micah and Austin were all in the same bed but James ended up on the chair and Javon on the floor! The girls had Jen's room. Jordan and Mark had Jordan's bed and tired weary Justin made it in at 2:00 AM after driving home from Connecticut with his work crew! To top it off he picked up his car at the shop so he had it to sell this morning and a cop pulled him over for tint on his windows and to make sure he wasn't drinking!
Jenika and Leanna were just finishing up the breakfast duty (they made french toast for the six of them) when I came back from helping Justin with his car transfer. Jordan and Mark biked to Dutch Way for breakfast! They went so fast that they said it literally took them five minutes to get there but when they got out from eating breakfast Mark's bike had a major tire issue! It took them a bit longer to make it back home then it did to get there!...:)
Jenika and Leanna spent hours at the barn with Ginger. They have connected so much over the past year! Leanna is very detailed and Jenika is totally the opposite so at one time we weren't sure how this was going to go but they have become great friends!
Dave sent me pictures last night. Belize looks lovely! It was a sushi feast they had last night! I was wondering for awhile if I regretted even asking him to send me pictures of his currant status...;) The party seemed to be centered around the Great House and I'm sure it was all so very lovely to be in his corner of the earth last night! Most of his busy events are happening right on the MBV grounds.
Justin was not able to make the car/jeep transfer this morning because his name is not on the insurance card he has in his car. He is on our policy but for some reason we couldn't find his name in the right place. The insurance office is closed on a Saturday so we couldn't get them to fax over the proper info. He hopes to get to it next week now but I felt so bad for him because he is so ready to dump his limpsy car for a fun looking jeep...:) (it feels to me like he is trading one piece of junk for another but you gotta love it because it fits him so well:))
Here is the recipes for the yummy muffins we have been making this summer. Eva makes them best. I'm really not sure what the trick is but Jordan and I seem to just get a flat end result. These have been made to take to different events and each time they are a huge hit! They freeze wonderfully to!!
Dave likes the caramel apple ones (above) best but the Lemon Blueberry are hard to beat to!!
The end result is delicious!!
I'm off to feed this busy clan of eight one more meal before I send them all home dead beat tired!
We enjoyed a fun filled cousins day and we are so very BLESSED!!







No comments:
Post a Comment