Saturday, December 16, 2017

Broken Bones... Javon's Birthday... Puppies

We had more beautiful snow!!

The Little's have been spending hours upon hours outside!!

If you drove back our way here you'd see sled tracks all over our property! The sleds have been so very busy these days!! The sun came out today and melted most of the snow off of the field but the golf carts and sleds were going as long as they possibly could!

This weeks runs have been so cold yet the white blanket of snow has added extra beauty everywhere!



I have been running alone since Wednesday when Dave had his ankle surgery. I miss having him running with me but I can't make excuses just because he can't come along...:)

As I tried to keep Dave contained in his chair this week Justin falls off of his ladder on a job and breaks this bone....!



So now what!?

Dave asked Justin..."So what are you gonna do now!?" Justin said... "Hang out with you I guess!"

Now they are both pretty handicap!... The sunroom was their office on Friday...


Dave has been doing great with keeping his foot way up in the air but he don't like to stay out of his office at the shop! It was a demanding week at Stoltzfus Structures so even though he had strict orders to stay home in his chair for a week the day after surgery I was driving him to the office at the shop and settling him in the best we could out there! Thursday he was there most of the day and he hurt by evenings I could tell! Friday I took him out around nine in the morning and went back out for him at noon! He don't take "bossy" to well at all!...:/ (but I can get bossy...:})

He came to meet me on my run the other morning!... Seriously!



He is up and around on his scooter... This thing is so much better then crutches!! He cooked his own healthy lunch one day...


Justin needs help with EVERYTHING!!! He was up real early yesterday to still drive his crew to work all the while his arm in a sling! He woke me early to help him get dressed! The shirt, hoodies and coats are the worst but he needs help with socks, shoes and even tying them!

Thankfully Eva is around some and she takes good care of him when she is with him! She is great at helping me keep his room tidy and she even makes his bed when she gets the chance...:) Thanks Eva!

Justin will be in his sling for three weeks. He hurts so much as soon as his arm gets out of the "sling" position! Last night they slept out at Eva's parents in Franklin because they had a Christmas party out there today... He said he slept awful because getting comfortable is a challenge! Poor Guy!

Tonight he and Eva are here playing marble chase with Jordan and Javon...

It feels like his body is getting so beat up for his young self! I want to make him eat healthy, sleep extra, drink lots, get on the Beamer and in the Hyperbaric Chamber, rub the oils, do shoulder strenghting excercises (once he is able) but his age and stage is tough. He's to busy for that kind of thing...:)

Unlike Dave....

Dave drinks bone broth, vinegar, aloe vera, lemon in warm water for me every morning. Even though he hates it...:) He drinks what I juice him a little later on in the morning. (Still juicing but we miss the garden goodies!) He eats super healthy! He drinks till he almost floats!...:) He ices his foot every hour.

The bandage is still on and the boot stays in place to. We can open the front up a bit when we ice it but otherwise it stays tight in that boot!

His next appointment is Wednesday. He can possibly drive himself to this appointment but he hasn't driven at all yet. Today he rode with me to do some errands just to get out of the house. He sits in the back seat...

He spends hours on the phone! (I hear the one sided conversation... this is another reason I'm thankful for a large house because he is far enough off that it doesn't drive me crazy...:)) He's easy. He minds his own business. I check on him from time to time and he calls if he needs something...;)

He doesn't seem to get tired of his phone time! He also has some guys stopping by to chat investor stuff. This is great past time because he is talking about what he loves and when you do what you love time just flies by!... He is also writing a book so he has been working on this a bit to. Today a few friends stopped by to talk investing strategy. I'm thankful at times like this that he does what he does because he can do so much with his phone, his books, his notes and his computer! He never runs out of things to do even when he just sits day after day!...;)

We are praying for fast healing and complete recovery for these two guys!

This morning my run was a bit slippy/slushy/icy... I slipped a few times and then I thought about how I'm needed at the house extra much right now and I for sure don't need to fall and break something yet to!! I slowed down and was a bit more careful after I thought about this...:) I'm super thankful for Jordan as he is my #1 "go to" these days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We just love these guys around here these days!!... We have one sold so far and lots of interest calls... We think they are super adorable although on the pictures they look a bit wrinkly...:)



Apollo... A male

Argus... A Male

Damara... A Female

Ellena... A Female

Vince... A Male (We love this guy!)
These guys roam the property all they want! Its so cute to watch them play in the snow or trail behind Sasha! Often in the morning at feeding time we will find them in the back yard! They know how to use the doggie doors like pros and and they are so rolly poly cute!

They are looking for forever homes! They can leave a few days before Christmas!

We love them but not so much the mess they are leaving all around the place...:}

He looks super guilty...;/

Tomorrow we have a BIRTHDAY BOY!! Javon will be nine tomorrow!! He gets to celebrate at his grandparents house as we gather for our Christmas party!

Javon you are so much fun to have around!! We enjoy your personality so very much! You like to play games, flip bottles and play outside these days! You love and thrive in school!

Happy Birthday to you Javon!!...




It feels like I have more to do these days with laid up guys but they are easy and this time of the year is more relaxing around here to. With the outside work non existent and the garden all done to we are doing indoor stuff. We are all ready for Christmas and the season is so joyful! It has been fun to get out once a week with my mom and sisters to!

These are the cookies we have made a few times... These are so good! We made them a few times and each time we arranged a few plates to bless friends... We just like to keep goodies around this time of the year..;)

We always do extra treats this time of year and clean it up again come January..:)

Try these! They are so yummy with a fresh cup of coffee!


Javon opened a few of his gifts this evening so he not have to open Christmas and birthday gift on the same day... I say he is double BLESSED but at times he thinks its a disadvantage to have a birthday so close to Christmas because we are all geared "Christmas"!

Who can help it?? It's the most wonderful time of the year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment