Christmas is only a few days away!
The outing day with mom and sisters this week had us at school watching Jenika's class chapel, out for breakfast, a few local short shopping stops and then to Kath's for a chat, coffee and cookies. Kirsten had been a bit sick so Kath opted to stay home. We didn't want her to miss out so we took her breakfast and enjoyed coffee there with her and her two youngest kids...:) They are truly the most fun kids to be around!!
We are so out of routine around home! Its been crazy... yet its been enjoyable (for me) and real slow paced to ...:)
I don't know how it is for you but when my husband is home I just don't seem to find my "flow". I really don't get to much accomplished. I just get all distracted and as soon as I'm on to something finally I catch myself side tracked once again and I never get back to what I was going to get to...:)
Dave does visit his shop office for a short time everyday and this is the time I try to get back to focus..:)
He soon gets uncomfortable at the shop office though so he makes his way back to his office on the "nook" chair as soon as he can... He seems to be getting so much accomplished from this chair I have to wonder what it must be like in his work office!... His phone, his computer and his notepad are going nonstop on this chair these days!...
He had his weekly check up with his Doctor the other day and all looks good although this will take time to heal! He can now unwrap everything so he can shower but as soon as he is done it gets wrapped back up and stuffed into his boot.
This is not for the faint of heart! His Doctor took a picture for him (upon his request)... This was during surgery :0
I keep him so well hydrated he thinks he is going to float away...:)
He is so enjoyable to have close by most of the day...:) I have enjoyed coming in from my run and finding him on his chair. I have enjoyed having breakfast next to him most every morning this week. I have enjoyed taking him with me to run short errands. I have enjoyed driving him to and from his shop office, I'm so thankful that we enjoy just being together..:) His phone goes constantly. This is still probably my biggest battle but I have been working on it (mentally) and it is getting easier to listen to his one sided conversations...;) (If I want to be with him I have to take it because its what he does. I'd rather be with him on his phone then not with him at all...:)) Life... Its good.
Justin is healing to... He is in and out but we are thankful he can at least drive his crew to and from the job sights. Today he is over two hours away so he is just staying on the job today but some days like yesterday it was only an hour so he drove home. He, Dave and I went to the luncheonette for breakfast then he did some odds and ends, took Eva lunch and rested on the couch until it was time to head out to pick up his guys again.
He has been waking me in the mornings this week to help him get dressed... (and make him tea) He makes a joke out of how bed ragged I look when I meet him downstairs in the morning... He grins as he says in an extra cheerful voice "Good Morning Mom!"... I feel like giving him a shove some mornings...:) (Not really)
If he leaves between 3-5 I go back to bed but sometimes its hardly worth it so I stay up to get the day started just a bit earlier then usual. This morning now he let me sleep... Yay!! He must be healing!
The chiropractor has adjusted both Dave and Justin yesterday. We are SO thankful for UCNC moving to Gap!
The kids had a fun day of Christmas festives in the classrooms today... Plus it was "Ugly Sweater" day at school!...
They are now home for Christmas break! They had only half day school today.
We are so HAPPY to be taking this school break! The backpacks and lunches will be set aside until the new year! We have lots going on during this winter break including some cabin time!
The puppies are all sold but one. They are leaving in the next few days. The boys have been doing a great job getting the puppies cared for and off to good homes!
Jordan does the feeding and picture taking while Justin does the marketing, website, paperwork, health papers and takes the phone calls and he is also here to meet the new puppy owner. He is learning so much over this on the business side of things...:)
Jordan brought home some friends after school today. Eight of them. They are making plans to go bowling and then to the varsity basketball game at Conestoga. This age and stage of his requires lots of extra miles put on the car and he loves his social life!! I do love driving him around...:)
Mom and dad are on the way to Florida with Mommy D. They are looking forward to settling her in for the winter and spending some time in the warm sunshine.
We enjoyed our Christmas Celebration there at my parents last Sunday. Since they will be away in Florida this weekend we did it early.
Time with my family for Christmas is always a real good time! Yummy food prepared by mom and dad is always so good and the table was all set up so nicely for us to when we arrived!
Mom and dad do such a great job at hosting all of us every year!!
We still all fit at one big table! The time around the table with the yummy spread in front of us as we sing a few songs and dad does a prayer is always a huge highlight! We clean up from lunch and enjoy time of each opening a gift... This is fun to watch as the younger kids exchange the names they picked....
We soon snack again... Kath's chips, dip and punch, Kath's taffy. Marilyn's salty snacks, My chocolate covered goodies and cookies (I ordered already done this year from a friend! So handy and yummy!) Then its dads fondue soup for the evening meal! Games go off and on. The kids enjoyed the nurf gun wars outdoors to this year!
It was also Javon's birthday so he had a double blessed day!... Happy Birthday Javon!
Javon is now sleeping in his own room. We fixed up the extra room upstairs for him. Dad will be painting it yet this winter sometime. Javon wants all things "DP"!!
Javon's highlight is watching "Dude Perfect" online and when he requested his room be gray and teal and DP themed we thought it fit him well!...:) He will like having his own closet and space I can tell. Jordan is also enjoying having a room all to himself now.
I made a pecan pie this morning. For our party on Sunday here with the kids. Dave has some great looking steaks salting that he will grill on the green egg and we plan to have some other yummy foods as well.
We look forward to Christmas with Papa's family at Dave and Rose tomorrow afternoon and evening.
We exchange names among the kids here with Papa's to. We have three gifts wrapped under the tree that will be going to the party tomorrow. (When the kids turn 16 they are out of this name exchange)
I take the same thing every year which makes it simple... Salad, pretzel bark and chocolate and cookie platters. The pretzel bark I made yesterday even though Dave thought I shouldn't. He gets a real fast heart rate when he eats pretzel bark so now he thinks I shouldn't make it for anyone else either... but the Zook family looks forward to this stuff so I did a small batch and hid it away here so the kids can't find it. :)
I'm off to haul Jordan and all his friends to the bowling place they have picked out... One thing about driving them around at Jordan's stage is they have it all figured out... all I have to do is drive where they tell me to...:)
Slow down and enjoy this WONDERFUL season of Christmas!! Or enjoy it full tilt at a real fast pace if thats how you enjoy it best... :) But lets remember "Jesus" and the reason he came to earth!








No comments:
Post a Comment