Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Vacation... We Living in a Rain Forest??


If I had to describe our Lancaster County Summer of 2018 I'd say "I think we are living in a rain forest"! Aside from the few weeks over July Fourth (where we had hot and dry) we have had regular rains! Sometimes daily and even hourly! The humidity in the air makes it all feel so tropical rain foresty...:)

I love it! I love the lush green growth all around!

Our skies change hourly and we have had some real rolling clouds full of rain and storms and the next minute the sun is back and its so hot!

Rainbows are often seen to our east and they are so beautiful!!


I'm back into my vibrams after three weeks off to let my foot heal up...


It has healed up for the most part. Its still a bit swollen and irritated but this run felt great so I ignored the irritation and I'm hoping it will continue to heal even while I run on it!

The rain forest feel while running our favorite road is so great!!

God designed this road just for runners I think...:) We even run all out of phone service down here on this road and  that makes it even more great because we get to totally unplug while we rejuvenate...:)






Yesterday I did a Norwex party, covered dish lunch and a swim party at the pond for my aunts and cousins and sisters. It was a full packed day of fun! The kids enjoyed the golf carts and pond for swimming! We only had to dodge three downpours then we were good with plenty of hot sunshine!:)

Vacation to the beach happened last week!

It was such a great getaway!

We spent two nights at a lovely lake side Airbnb and two nights at our favorite beach destination "Icona Avalon"!

Our Airbnb was only five minutes from Stone Harbor (which is right next to Avalon)

This was the nicest Airbnb we have ever stayed at! We really hope to return in the future! It felt so secluded with wooded trails around the lake. Kayaking, fishing, swimming, camp sites and camp fires where we roasted smores and gathered for devotions each morning! The hammocks, loungey chairs and lake side park benches made it all feel so peaceful! Especially after spending the day on the beach (where there were more people then we normally deal with when we visit Icona in September).

Our days were so perfect!...


 The lake Airbnb was almost that nice that we didn't even feel the need to leave the property!




















Then our lovely stay at Icona Avalon...

Eating out is always a huge highlight for me because I appreciate the kitchen break so much!

The Little's always get tired of the restaurants and all the waiting that comes with them. Often its at the end of the day to when they are exhausted from all the ocean fun! One night we ordered in and ate it lake side. Everyone enjoyed that!

Breakfast outdoors...:)


Ice cream stop...:)


If you ever need a lovely place to stay in Avalon I'm certain this lovely place would not disappoint you!


All the LOVE for this oldest child! It is always so great when he and Eva can join us for any getaway! They often do their own thing but we really enjoy having them with us whenever we get the chance!


He does so much reading!



Jordan is soon going for his drivers permit so he is really on the lookout for really cool cars and trucks! Javon follows big brother so he knows the names of all the cool cars and trucks to and he made such a commotion when he spied this REALLY COOL CAR outside of our hotel resort!...:)


Stoltzfus Structures built many of the out buildings here at Icona! It was really how this whole Avalon Beach trips started and now I think we are hooked for life! This is such a neat family friendly beach destination!

I think these buildings are pretty neat to!


All the kids spent HOURS in the ocean waves!! The water was perfect and we even spent evening hours out in the water on our last night here!





The older the kids get the more fun these vacations get!
 
My Love and I...
 
 


Justin and Eva left a day early because his ball team was finishing up a rain out tournament in Drifton PA.

They won ALL THE WAY to NATIONALS!!

Way to go Justin!!


Today the school back packs are all packed and ready to go! Next week we start the school schedule and routine once again. Some are excited some are not so much.

Jordan will be stretched with his already packed out work and social schedule! He loves his school friends but the academics come harder for him. He loves the outdoors so being in the classroom will be a huge adjustment for him once again and today when he packed up his school supplies he didn't even want to talk about going back to school! He will adjust..:)

Dave's huge investor party happens here next week! I'm always a bit busier as we prepare to host tons of people along with a whole lot of action!! Its always a full evening of fun and fellowship!



No comments:

Post a Comment