We spend hours upon hours outdoors during the Spring season!
This mornings run... See how things are waking up and the color is coming back! Yay!!
Dave and I gave running a "time out" for a few weeks. We enjoyed the time off but we hope to be back at it once again.
During the busy springtime work around the house it feels like all my energy goes into the gardens, flowerbeds and mowing... Running took a break over this time but it felt great to get back out this morning!
The house... This time of year we are surrounded by these mustard greens and they smell so good to!
The fun thing about these bright yellow flowers to!... They are edible! They go great in salads!
Flower from my mom...:) This beauty smells AMAZING!
The outdoors is where we are. The swimming pond needs a work night before we can even think about swimming but its great to be outside more and being on this side of winter is always so refreshing to me!
The Princess of the house is horse shopping! Her daddy is taking her out this evening to make a decision about her horse. She has seriously hardly been talking about anything else!! I think we are all just so ready for her to have her horse once!
Dave told her the meadow needs to grow and be mowed a few times before we put a horse on it. Well she mowed the meadow twice now and she picked up all the twigs and stuff to get it all ready for her horse! (the first time she mowed it was hardly even an inch high...:))
Here are pictures she saved on my phone... This was just the one day! She has been doing this for weeks now!
Jenika is still in Soccer. She wanted to skip practice today because she was so excited to get to her horse shopping but not happening because if you sign up for it you keep at it until its over.
Justin is enjoying his new truck, trailer and job! He goes out to deliver sheds to customers. He moves a lot of sheds. Last week he moved a falling apart gazebo for a customer and it didn't go so well. The thing kind of fell apart on him and after many hours of hard work into this move he won't get paid to much because the customer wasn't happy about the damage during the move (Justin says "What do you expect when you get something off of craigslist for free?!) Oh well he is learning and growing in leaps during this time of his journey!...:)
Here he is with a load... Papa Daudy is finishing up the touch-up...:)
Jordan is enjoying the independence of having his drivers license! It sure is nice to have him driving!
He always seems to have somewhere to go...:)
These days have been so hard in this community... I cannot seem to stop thinking about Barb and her children since Mike's passing on into Glory!
This is such a special family and the impact that Mike had here on earth was so "far reaching"!
This family lives a few minutes down the field from us and they were great friends of my sister Kath's family! Smoky and Kath have been walking along side Barb and Smoky was one of the guys honored to carry his casket.
The two families spent so much time together... They were just together the night before Mike passed away. (He died of a heart attack at 35 years old)
Here is Smoky and Kath's family with the Beiler family...
The way God works things out at times like this is stunning to watch... The whole community came together on this one! The meals. The many behind the scenes miracles that took place were so God!
The morning of the funeral I was going to spend a few hours at the house doing cleanup or yard work or whatever I could find to do. (while the family was at the funeral) I waited until I thought they would have left and then I went down. When I pulled in I noticed the van caravan had not left with the Hearse that had left a few minutes before. I was going to just park and wait out by the shop drive until they leave before getting out of my vehicle, but they saw me coming and Rachel Ann came "running" to my car and told me they still need one driver for a van full of family members. "Can you drive!?" I said yes then I "ran" to the waiting van and took off with the other seven or so vans leaving for the church house where the funeral was taking place!
I did have my yard clothes in my car when I left home in case I was going to need them but I was dressed well enough to go into the funeral service at this last minute. It was so good to be there! (Dave was in Memphis or we might have went together) I was then a van driver until late afternoon and although my day did not go as planned I would not have wanted to be doing anything else that day. It was special to be with this family on this day.
So MANY PEOPLE! The funeral service was packed! The grave yard! Again... So many people! Lunch served by a local catering couple along side a local church at the burial site. Churches went together and did BIG meals on these days. And snacks! Someone even thought to pack a lunch inside of each van so the families could snack on the drive from the funeral service to the grave yard service!
Someone thought to line up all the vans for the family when exiting the funeral service! It was an honor to be a part and watching God unfold it all was so beautiful to me! He truly had this family surrounded in his presence at this time!
Because Kath was with Barb so many days we got to spend extra time with her kiddos... They would walk up over the fields and spend evenings with us. This little one spent an afternoon with me and I LOVED having her chattery self here!
We played marbles... We did puzzles... We cleaned windows... We tried for an hour to get her to close her eyes for a nap but it wasn't happening...:)
Kiristen Aunt Suz LOVES you and your fun feisty personality so much!!
I know the the weeks, months and years ahead will look different for this Beiler family and if you don't know them please join me in prayer for Barb and her children anyway... Get this AMAZING miracle I will share yet.... Barb found out only days after her husbands passing that she is expecting a new baby!! She is EXCITED yet I'm sure overwhelmed at times to! This is a little piece of Heaven sent to her by God along side her husband and she will need so much support and prayers to get her through this hard journey she is on!
Today we hear of another death... Steve Esh (whom we went to Spring Garden church with for years) passed on. He had been battling cancer and his family must be so glad he no longer sufferers but the parting is hard none the less I'm sure!
Pray for the Esh family these next days and weeks to! This must be such a difficult road to walk!
As I spent a little time at the cemetery last week I happened to notice my Great Grandparents grave stones... How did they spend the dash (-) of time that God gave them here on earth? I'm sure they would tell us it was only really short! (You think they'd say like even a minute? Maybe that would seem to much compared to eternity? Like a vapor. Steam in the air.
Lets make it count. Today is your day to start slowing life down. Mike always said "I'm not going to be so busy. I'm going to slow down!" Yet he impacted so many all the while he was busy with everyday life! Lets take time for the small things even on our busy days.
I only remember a little tiny bit of my great grandma Dienner... I would have been nine when she passed away...
Dave's "grandparents" grave stones set just down from my "great" grandparents...
When someone walks through something hard and we see yet feel like we can't help or even make a difference we might be surprised what prayer can do... Listen to the still small voice and do what God asks... even if you think it won't do justice or make an impact... who knows what might come out of it... The little boy in the miracle of "The feeding of the five thousand" never figured his little tiny lunch would cover all those people when they were hungry!! And his mom!! When she packed it that morning did she have a clue where it was going!! I sometimes think of her when I'm doing the mundane of lunch packing...:)
Who knows what God can do with that lunch today!
Let us be found FAITHFUL in the LITTLE things as well as the BIG things....
Have a BLESSED WEEK!
No comments:
Post a Comment