Saturday, May 4, 2019

May Craziness has Come...:)



I let these two pick a place to go out to eat last evening because it was just one of those weeks and we were so happy to see the weekend...:)

These two have been working hard in school.

 Jenika's soccer season has been a growing experience for her and she works so hard (she does not always appreciate it...:)) (it has been so stretching for her but its been so good) Last night after her game they chose to go to Olive Garden to eat. Just them and I (Dave has been in Texas the past three days... we always miss him)


We did our annual flower shopping day this week... Its always a fun time and this year we took Dave's new truck... I don't think we had enough space though so we will probably go back to my old mini van wagon and a trailer again next year...:)

 We just love all the flowers!!

And I just love these people so much to!!



 
These boys... They play hours and hours of basketball these days!! Every evening they challenge each other out here and I love to watch!..:)
 

Justin thinks its terrible that Javon don't know how to play ball to well... He got him a left handed glove last year and this week he got it back out of the attic and he has been working with him.... It has been going good. He told him he'd take him for pizza and Rita's if he catches 10 or so catches in a row...:)

He is so BLESSED to have big brothers that LOVE him so well!


The juicer made it back out on the counter top for a new juicing season.... Its so yummy but its really a spring and summer thing here....


Tower garden is overflowing with goodness and it will soon be moved outdoors for summer...:)


Running is back to a few days a week... It is getting so lush and beautiful!


We work so hard around here this time of year. The showers at the end of the days are so very necessary and feel so good. The bones ache from all the extra activity outdoors. The sun kisses our faces and the natural tans are coming alive...:) It takes a bit to get used to all the outside upkeep after a winter of no growing season.
 
Every day this is me...


I think everyday that I'm going to take a break the next day from so much physical work. Like I tell myself... Today I'm going to stay indoors and do low key house work... but then I go out... Then I plant something.... Then I get really into it at the gardens or flowerbeds...  and then its all over after that... I'm then out until I'm so very tired and so very dirty!...:)

I just love to work outdoors!!


We spent last weekend at the cabin... It was such a refreshing time after a week of spring work! The food is always so amazing!! The outdoors all got a good mowing and trimming and the guys were working on trails and a few other projects on the property.

The kids always enjoy outdoor fun in the woods and Jordan shot at a turkey but it wasn't a good shot and they didn't end up getting any turkeys this time.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mulching is not started here yet.

 Last year I had so many buds and stuff that falls off the trees and bushes so I decided to wait a bit longer this year... I think it is being delivered next week sometime and then whenever this independent family can get together to get it done is when it will get done...:)

Jordan plays some baseball on the Renegades team. He mostly like to hangout on the team and coach the baselines. He went to kids camp for years with a lot of the players and Mark (his best friend and cousin) plays on this team... He just has so much fun with this group of guys! Today they have a tournament in Manheim.

Mark will be sixteen next week and Jordan is as excited as Mark is...:) (I just love those two together!)

Here is Jordan's car... He bought it from his uncle Peter for like six hundred something... He did some work to it but we think it fits him perfectly for now! He has the inside looking all sharp!...:)


Someone has a new horse here !! Someone is so excited!!

Meet "Rage"... He is so beautiful and Jenika handles him so well... She was at Dezi's house today when I took his pictures but I'll be sure to share some of her loving on him soon! She spends hours hanging out at the barn! The electricity got hooked up in the new barn so now she can even visit him in the dark (and she does)






Jenika's grandma does not know why his name has to be Rage...:) She must think that sounds scary but he is actually very gentle. He actually came from my sister Marilyn's family. They had gotten him for the little boys to ride but they never took an interest so he is here getting all the love from Jenika...

The property is bursting with new life!

The gardens are planted.

The flowers are planted (I hope it won't frost again!)

The yard needs mowed twice a week these days and I love the yard this time of year!!

Just when the mower was scheduled for a service next week it gave out on me last night half way through the mowing! I was quick trying to finish before dark but I had to let the mower set in the middle of the yard! (even during a rain and thunderstorm because I had no guys here to help me push it inside)

It left for service this morning and my yard never got mowed finished. Oh well it will wait.


Yay my chickens started to lay eggs last week! We love these free range organic eggs from our very own coop!!


The gardens coming more and more alive every day...


My strawberry patch...

Blackberries... These are work but fun.


Dave's strawberry patch... (hand on forehead)


Tea patch...


Grapes... Not sure how these will turn out because I was to lazy to get on top of the arbor for to much trimming this year...


The side porch is our summer sitting spot that we have come to love!...


The indoor houseplant section at the greenhouse captures me every time! If I can grow these on the porch in summer I can bring them in to enjoy during winter! It has become a highlight for me!



The swing set area is leaving soon... We no longer use this area since we have the swimming pond corner! The trampoline will be moved out to the pond and the swing set is going to go. Not sure where yet but Justin's truck and trailer will come in handy for this job...:)

We plan to plant grass and maybe a few pines in the swing set area...


I love to do my own pots... They seem to last longer and not be so pot bound if I do them myself...








Dave...

He has been so busy yet he helps with the spring work around here so well when he is here! I'm so glad for his help around the house this time of year!

 Texas was his destination the last three days. He was splitting up his time between the coal project he has going on there and a Real Estate Guys SMC event... I think the events were a few hours drive apart but he packed it all in one trip...








He has so much going on in Memphis lately to. He has so much to hold together and some challenges seem large but he handles it all with grace and I'm so proud of how well he multitasks it all...:) It makes me tired some days just watching all that he has going on ..;)

Today we had a lovely rain! Spring is so full of life and we have so much to be thankful for!

As we gear up for the usual "May craziness" we stop to remember how blessed we are. We know the season of Spring is busier and only last for a short time. The work does slow down and then the fun summer parties begin! We have been jotting into the summer calendar already and we are excited for a school break and warm sunny days!

Thank You Jesus for a season of REFRESHMENT!

Have a happy weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment