We have a few hours of school left and then we are happy to say we have completed 4th, 6th and 10th grades!
Today was awards giveaway day!
Jenika and Javon both got an award! I was not surprised at the rewards they received. This goes on here almost daily with Javon! He is always trying one experiment or the other and my office table takes a beaten since he started his experimenting! This was Jenika's year...:)
| Yup this sums up her 6th grade year and I'm so proud of her! |
![]() |
Yup this is right on! |
Strawberry season is here! We are loaded! My patch has little dainty yet very sweet berries. Dave's very large unmaintained patch has very large berries (some are a few bites big!) and they are good to but taste different then my patch... Either way we have tons of berries and the kids are enjoying them everyday!
The swing set left here today... A neighbor bought it from us for his little boys. It still has years of life left on it I'm sure! It was just what we wanted to because the buyer brought a crew of guys and took it off site for us! If we had to move it we probably would never had gotten rid of it...:) (Sorry for not responding to a few interest contacts I had gotten about it. Danny and Rachel Ann sold it for us so I didn't bother responding back....:))
Also the blog won't let me comment for some reason. I even got Jordan in here to help me but it just won't publish my reply to last posts comment. If you were the one who commented about the Lodge we went to with our friend group find me on Facebook or Instagram and I'll give you the info. (I found it in a private Amish advertisement book so I don't want to publish the information on here)
The pond has been so much fun already! The warm days find the kids out there.
Jenika has Rage back. ~sigh~ We are praying this goes well... She wants to ride him and she does but I made a rule "no riding him when nobody is watching" and she is forever on my case about how this is not a good rule!!
Our community lost a cancer warrior this past weekend. The journey had been going on for five years and this warrior fighter fought with a fighters spirit that had us all amazed! Through it all he always smiled. He loved to get out and we would see him and his family at many community events! The baseball ones were his favorite and as we walked through his viewing line yesterday and received a signed baseball it seemed so fitting! Damian you must have been so happy to meet Jesus and be free of pain!!
Jenika is in Damian's brother's class and they have been walking this journey with Stephen as a class. It was so touching to see the school students so touched by Damian's passing and I don't know how often I heard Jenika say "I pity Stephen so much!"
Jordan attended the funeral today. He is good friends with Damian's cousin and he and some of the guys in his class have been impacted by Damian's journey just from walking with Sedrick.
We are praying for you Smucker family!
Today was a gorgeous Monday! No to warm and the sun shone bright all day long! I wanted to be outside so bad but my Monday's are in the grocery store first and then the kitchen... This morning the awards assembly had my day starting later and I can tell this no school schedule will have my routine out the window for now! Now we just fly with it... Whatever fits where is how we roll in SUMMER!
June is here! The campfires are rolling. The fireflies popping up everywhere! The honeysuckle!! It smells heavenly as always!! The parties at the pond have started. Dave has a few guys events taking place out at the pond corner... I get to do the food... How great right!?...:)
Me in my kitchen today....:)
These Monday hours seem longer like today when the weather was so perfect!! All I want to do is be outside in the gardens but I know if I grind it out it will make the rest of the week go so much smoother! I'm often so tired by afternoons! Maybe because its a Monday or maybe all the grocery shopping and food prep is tiring but I know this is a season that will pass all to quickly. For today I LOVE the big boys in the house!
Food in my kitchen today looked like this...
Gardens today in early June...
We are excited that its June and SUMMER school break!!
This horse is no match for this girls fiestiness... One way or the other she will ride him...:}
We think he's so beautiful!
Blessings to you this first week of June!























No comments:
Post a Comment