Monday, August 12, 2019

Post From Michigan Today...

My Blog... It has been so long.

Anyway I will not begin to catch up on everything today but our summer has been so great!

The weather has been so perfect for growing and the cool mornings and evenings are awesome to!

Today finds Dave and I in Michigan.

We flew in here yesterday... which was also Dave's birthday!

We got out for a run on the trails behind the house here where we are staying (which is also on a golf course)... We see so many deer here.


I'm sitting here at a small table by the window and I keep seeing golf cart whiz by as the golfers are out and about. Its such a beautiful day here!



Morning trail pictures... The house we are staying and the really cool car we have for a few days...:)





There are so many beautiful lakes here and it seems many live and play at the lakes!

The reason we are here... Teeth!

Dave is getting his teeth worked on here.

As I type he is most likely in the dentist chair.

His teeth have always been very low maintenance and he has never in his life even had a cavity!! He does grind them though and they are getting ground down pretty bad.

 He has a few investors in his data base who are also dentists. They got to talking to each other when they came to Lancaster (where Dave was speaking at an event) and they decided together that this guy is on stage a lot and he needs nice teeth! (They of course would notice that right!?)



Anyway here we are staying in the home of our dental practice friends and so far the experience has been so warm and inviting!

The meal on the back porch last evening was so relaxing and they made it extra special by putting a candle in Dave's cobbler and then singing "Happy Birthday"!

It was a good day...




Today while Dave is in his dentist chair I will be out with Mariana. She has some shopping and lunch plans and then I'll meet up with Dave for his four o'clock appointment. Tonight we do dinner out and tomorrow we fly back home with a dental plan in place. It will be a process but we hope Dave will have a brand new smile soon! After today's appointments I will have a better idea how soon.

Dental work at this level is beyond expensive! Let me just tell you if you have friends in the dental practice that take you into their office on their days off, put you up in their house and feed you so well, are so warm and loving then you are BLESSED!! That is what we are! This is a father, son and grandson team and they are doing all this dental work/process for a really really great deal!

We are excited for Dave to have friendly looking teeth!

The kids... They are back home. They do fine when we slip away and again we are THANKFUL for aunts and cousins that make life pretty fun for the youngest two while we are gone. The oldest two take charge at home and the dogs go to dog sitters to...:)

This past month has been full!

The school shopping is pretty much done and we are gearing up for the school schedule once again. We LOVE LOVE summer and we are always sad to see it end but I can still tell the brains get ready for more stimulation and the schedule is always welcomed after a very busy summer!

Dave took the boys to Philly for the day last Saturday while Jenika and I did some cleaning in the morning then we went to do a coffee shop date and a little more school shopping.

The Zook family pond day happened here last week and it was great catching up with the Zook side of the family once again!

The corn day at my sister Marilyn was a success and we now have fresh off the cob corn in the freezer.

Sisters day by the pond happened a few times this summer and the kids always so enjoy the days at the pond while we catch up on all things life...

The tower garden thrives on the side porch right now and we eat from it most everyday!

The indoor plants always burst with growth during summer when moved outdoors then they get moved back inside for the winter months and we enjoy them indoors...

Summer runs are always so pretty...

Catch up pictures since I didn't keep up to well this last while...:)

When I hesitated to send Javon along to the big city they sent me this reassuring photo and said "We got the baby!"... He really enjoyed his day out with the boys!


They took the train from Parksburg and spent time at the Franklin Institute and did Reading Terminal Market for lunch....



My adorable coffee date!





Zook Pond Day...







These two... (heart face)

Corn Day went great with Dave's truck this year!!




Summer Runs...



 Tower Garden fun...





 
Back home Jordan is back to checking his trail cameras and gearing up to get the fall food plots planted. He said the other day "Checking trail cameras is my most favorite thing to do!"
 
Justin is so busy with shed delivery and the shed moves are high on his list right now to! He is thriving in his shed truck and he'd probably say "Moving sheds is his most favorite thing to do right now!" I love to hear about his shed drops and I can tell he loves what he does!
 
 
The garden seeds got planted in hopes to get a fun fall crop. It always does better in the fall for me for some reason... I got in beans, carrots, radishes, beets, spinach, kale and many other greens! If you want a fall garden be sure to get those seeds in this week so you can get something before frost hits...:)
 
For today yet I get to hangout with my favorite guy in the state of Michigan and by the looks of it I'd say he had a great birthday! I guess the misery of the dentist chair and getting a new smile comes with a few perks on this one!...:)
 
 
I'm so blessed to have the privilege to travel with my best friend! "Its our most favorite thing to do together!"


Have a BLESSED Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment