I actually forget to blog these days. It seems that I overdid it in Belize with blogging almost everyday and now I find myself distancing myself from the computer. It has been a nice break.
I have been enjoying so many little things about life since we are back here at home!
I so enjoy cooking in my big kitchen with my cast iron cookware and I try to not ever take stuff for granted. I think I thank God more (for many little things) then I did before we left for Belize...:) We are so spoiled with so many handy things right at our fingertips here that if I had not been in a third world country for a few months I never would even have given them much thought much less thank God for them daily!
Dave and I run every morning. It has become routine. I love it but I'm still waiting for the "time" to put on more miles... alone... So I can find my rhythm again...:) Maybe when school is over. For now I love meeting up with Dave for morning runs. We have a few differnt routes we take out close to the shop. Atglen is very beautiful with beautiful roads and many bodies of water! We are watching a goose on her nest and one of these days we will see her baby gooslings trailing her...:)
This morning while we were running we talked about how blessed we are to live in a community like this where we can get fresh organic free ranged chicken eggs right along the road. We can get cheese from a farmer down the road. (he makes his own). We can raise and then send to the butcher our very own grass fed meat. We can get fresh local produce almost anywhere around here when its in season! We have fresh baked goods everywhere and many "whole food" options right close by!
We have an organic farmer/gardener right beside us that gives us fresh organic greens and just about anything else that he grows on his property (which is a HUGE variety of stuff!) We can pick our own or go over on Wednesday evenings when they are loading trucks for wholesale! We want to buy from them but so far they have just "given" to us! They grow year round in greenhouses to! ALL ORGANIC! I have just recently realized the beauty of this place and I am excited to use them more! (I will insist on buying though!) It's great to have great neighbors!!! I wonder now why I even have a garden of my own!? I would miss it though but if gardening would not be my thing I'd make out just fine right here in our own neighborhood!
It is still freezing outside!! We are still waiting for the spring warmth! I see lovely Belize weather and I wonder why we didn't stay longer!:) We are still getting a good share of winter here even if we are into the spring months!
My pond has had a frozen top layer more then not mornings this week! We have frozen puddles along the road when we run. We soon warm up and I like to think we will soon be so warm that we will wish for cold mornings like this for running...:)
The grass got its first cut late last week on a warmer day. It looks so lush and green despite the cold it gets hit with every few days. I guess the season comes weather its warm or not!..:) The fish pond guy was scheduled to come do the spring cleaning and pump start up last week but I guess with the frozen water he decided to wait a bit yet. It will be so fun to have the waterfalls going again!
New flooring is coming for the toy room! I'm so excited to move a few rooms around in the house! Now that the basement is done and the kids are older we have moved the toys downstairs and we are making a simple dining room. The original print had the toy room as dining but we made it for toys since we didn't have a good spot for a toy room. The nook will then transfer into a cozy lounge for quiet time with a game table for Dave's Aquire parties...:)
Dave and I have bags packed once again! We are leaving the country soon. Medellin, Columbia this time. Business or Pleasure? Both. We are exploring. Dave has some off shore investment interests there and he wanted me along. It was in Belize when he asked me if I'd be coming along with him this time. I wanted to scream a loud "No" at the time. But he was so sweetly trying to convince me. I finally said (in a huff) "Fine get my ticket but you find the babysitter!" He must have taken that as a yes because I got a ticket confirmation soon after that huff...:)
Lynn will be moving in here with the kids. (my brothers girlfriend) They are beyond excited and Javon is counting the days until Lynn comes! Five days they will party without us...:) I once again stocked the fridge and wrote down some instructions. (every time I do this the instruction paper gets smaller!:}) Jordan could keep house practically alone. Justin is helpful all around and the Little ones both have there own chore chart so Lynn won't have to do to much other then be here to make sure they don't kill each other...:} I'm sure uncle Allen will be in and out and its no wonder they are more then ready to push us out the door!...:) It feels great to have someone here to love on the kids while we are gone! Thanks Allen and Lynn!!
Are they not just adorable!?
It has been so much fun to see these two grow. They are so in love and adorable about it. Allen loves so well. He would do anything for anybody but for sure for Lynn!
They took the step of water baptism last Sunday at there church. It was great to be a part of the special service! My whole family was there (-Sam, Marilyn and Micah) Then we all met up at dads for lunch where mom had a great meal prepared and Lynn's family joined us all as well. It was a great day together and I'm so proud of how far these "two love birds" have come on there journey with Jesus!
I really noticed a spark in them when we got home from Belize and it was Jesus working in the hearts of these two. They had a great winter of spiritual growth.
I'm working on cleaning some. Packing some. Food prep some (for the kids). Laundry.
Stepping out for five days has gotten easier. I know back in the day I would have been packing bags weeks ahead of time when going on a trip with just my husband! Probably fitting on clothes and shopping for new stuff would have been going on weeks before departure! Now I don't throw anything in the suitcases until the day before and then I just shut the bags in a hurry and go! It has been an adventure being married to a visionary but as the kids get older it has become more fun to join in on his many adventures.
I'm not sure what we will all be doing. Columbia seems scary to some people but it is beautiful and we are doing a tour with Simon Black and his team. We will see and learn lots about Columbia. Maybe I can tell you more about it when we get back but for right now I didn't even know how to spell "Medellin" without looking so I know very little about this place! They have great coffee farms so I hope to bring home some fresh coffee beans!
The weather in Medellin Columbia is perfect they say. They call it the land of forever spring. It stays the same year round. I'll take lots of pictures but internet is bad so I won't be blogging before we return home. We will be in classroom type settings some, just like the Belize fieldtrips but we do have time set aside for exploring and also alone time. Its always great to get away for a few days with just my man!! I'm getting excited now that its getting closer but until now it felt like I was still settling in back here at home!..:)
Hopefully it will be warm and stay warm after we return for this trip!! Garden planting, flowers and lots more outdoor stuff is what we are anxious for! Campfire parties! Supper on the porches! It surely won't be long now! It just don't seem to want to settle in to stay for to long.?
Mart just sent this note to me... It's to her from Ty. He handed it to her this morning... We promply set a date for these two young ones to do a sleepover together! They have such a cute friendship!... First graders that have been buds since birth and are still doing life together... I love it!!
School has had acievment tests going on this week. Extra snacks were sent in. Kids are going to bed earlier. Homework is also more in the last quarter. It feels overwelming some days. Jenika has extra math, bible memory, spelling words, states and capital studing for tests. Javon does extra math, reading, bible memory and spelling words. It sometimes feels like a chore to get this all in after school or evenings before bed. If we wait until bedtime we have meltdowns so I try to space it out over the evening so we not get overly tired. It is great to be a part of school again though and now that we are back into it again it does become a part of our routine. As long as we keep our evening routines here at home all goes well. If we do any partying I like it to be on weekends. But still who wants to send them to school Mondays exhausted from a hard weekend!? I think we will be happy to see those summer months!! Until then we work overtime...:)
Jordan does well with his homework at night. He does after school sports a few days a week, drum lessons on the side and sometimes his schedule seems packed but he seems to love it. He even went fishing on opening day Saturday. I miss him in the kitchen but for now its me thats doing the cooking. We love our new post-Belize routine with doing supper together at four thirty. It does not always work out with after school sports but we just go ahead and Jordan jumps in when he gets home. His infusion was pushed off an extra day this week since I will be out over his infusion day this week. We are thankful for flexibility with his infusions but I don't like to get off schedule during allergy season. He is doing well.
Justin is excited to start his league ballgames this Friday night! He has a brand new ballsuit that is still nice and white! (shortlived!) He has been practicing and he is often seen going out for a run after work. If he gets into his running shoes as soon as he gets home from the shop he can get a run before supper. Its tight but he makes it work a few nights a week. I love to see his dedication to fitness. He also likes to eat healthy through the week then splurge it on the weekends...:) Mondays he might have an outbreak on his face from the junk food but I guess its worth it to him...:)
I'm to busy to sit here on the laptop... Breakfast break is long over... Have a great day...
No comments:
Post a Comment