Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Running... It's That Time Of Year!

It's the time of year where running is fun again. It comes to me more in the spring and fall seasons even though we grind it out year round...:)

It's time to get more serious. I still have that Half Marathon ticket that I didn't use last year. It  waits to be used this year. Right now thirteen miles seems way to far for me!! How will I ever run that far again!? Do I really even want to!? I'm still processing it...:)

Dave and I are faithful with our few miles in the morning. We have been all winter. It is something we do together. I love that we both run. He runs faster then me so he circles back or we meet up at the end. We enjoy that we are in a stage in our lives where we can meet up for morning runs. I pick him up at the shop and we drive a piece down the road where we park and walk/run for about three miles.

I have come to tolerate running with him but I still like to run alone better.  Dave gets out of his office chair and running most everyday and I love this because I think its important that an all day office person gets that sweat going somehow or another... he needs to keep his lungs cleared out...:) BUT... It's time to get serious now. My alone runs go better. I will run alone more now.

Dave will still run but maybe it will be after work with the boys. Maybe I will meet him some but after my new running shoes arrived the other day I decided excuse time is over and its time to get more miles back on. Running app is back up on phone to start tracking time and distance again. New play list and some other things are downloaded to listen to. New running shoes always give a boost as does the warmer weather....

TIME.... Its the biggest issue. Dave and I are out for about a half hour or forty five minutes in the morning. Then its done and we move on to other things. I find distance runs more time consuming. Still I never regret them and they are worth it in the long run.

Running quotes... They get my attention... I save them and sometimes even print them out and tape them places...:)

Running is HARD for me.

Running is hard all around but still the best thing that I found that I can stick with as far as exercise goes.

Anybody can do it and it requires no skill.

 Its a stress reliever for me and I hope this never changes...:)

It really is a love/hate thing but after a few years of running I think its safe to say that no one thing has ever done more for me. It affected every area of my life!... When the body feels alive, energetic and healthy it goes a long way in every area of our lives!

Running does this for me.

I found I want to eat and cook healthier because running is hard the way as it is but never as hard as when we have big juicy burgers, red meat or lots of high fat goodies the night before!...:)

But then we look at it on the flip side to... Oh well I'll just eat this and "Run it Off" later..:) We love to indulge at times and when you keep the routine at home more simple it makes it even more of a treat to go out away from home and splurge now and then...:) I guess we could also say we run so we can just eat more...:}

Try it for yourself... you might be a runner at heart and just haven't discovered it yet. Push past the pain and one day you will say to yourself " I actually think I'm starting to like this!" It took me by surprise when that happened to me... After that you will be hooked...:)

Mark Andrew is training for a marathon right now and this is what he says after twenty three miles! "I think I actually like running after all!" He is an inspiration for sure!





We still see our breath on our morning runs. We are so happy to see the sunshine but we are still waiting on the warmth to follow. It just feels a bit chilly yet. The Little's are struggling with slight colds and its hard to know how to dress when going outside to play in the evenings.

Jordan has been enjoying his old four wheeler again though! It is warm enough that the Little's play at the creek again!


These brownies were made here last night after I had some sweet potato left from supper... They were a hit! They really are good and moist!


Just mix everything together with a mixer and we put them in a tiny muffin cup tray. It makes a fun bite size treat for the lunches and they love them! I'm still trying to find creative ways to go without sugar yet still get that sweet bite. It has been a slow process but slow is okay here. It worked for me with gluten and dairy it should work for sugar to. It just seems to be taking a lot longer...:) It's EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING!!

I want to share our favorite Belize dish with you yet... I have made this three times since we are home and it makes the best leftovers to! The more often I make it the less I have to look at the recipe. Its so good on rice but rice is a grain I'm trying to make less often so last night I served the curry with sweet potato, quinoa and then a bean mixture. All on the side so they could eat the curry with any fixing they liked.



 
The day is so beautiful! Take time to thank God for this season of new life!
 
The tractors are so busy in the winery behind us today!! The winery grounds were sold and now the grapes, posts and all are being dug out! It will seem strange not to have the vineyard behind us anymore but it was so run down anyway and it will be nice to have a new face around caring for the grounds.
 
Is it to soon to plant flowers? I'm so ready to see them!!...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment