They always tell me that time moves the fastest when you are having fun so I guess I will blame it on the "fun" that our summer is going by so quickly!
I enjoy the garden and flowers so much right now!! We are finally able to enjoy the pool since the water and weather warmed up a bit. We moved the mower up to the highest setting since it feels like we are entering the more hot and dry season of summer. The strawberry patch has been a blast!! We got buckets of berries out of this patch but we ate them to fast to even preserve any of them!...:)
We will miss these berries so much but the blueberries are looking great and they will be ready next!
Dave put up a fence last week to sturdy up these raspberries!! These are the real big blackberries that come later in the season and we enjoyed them so much last year but they were kind of all falling over. Now we have something to tie them to! Thanks Hon for the man power in my garden!!
Yesterday was "Fathers Day"... I'll get to that and this wonderful man yet...;)
Running on summer mornings is so beautiful when you can find quiet shady roads like these!!
This was our Saturday morning run... I love how we run hard then we walk and chat a bit then we run again... Nature at its best right here!!
A bit on Justin and his test of patience...
I remember back when I waited to get my drivers license and also getting my first car. Waiting was so hard and it seemed to take forever until I got behind the wheel of my first car! Once it happened it was so great for awhile but then it just became "life" and I forgot how long the waiting seemed.
This is where Justin is at. He failed his drivers test last week. He was so upset at himself when he failed the simple course but he took it okay and his comment on the ride back home was this "I know it's going to happen sometime so oh well."
We drove an hour and a half to this drivers test appointment because everything local was booked up until August! We got to our appointment early so we stopped at a diner up the street for an already late breakfast. Our service was really slow in this laid back town type of diner but the food looked great so we decided to go to his test appointment early and eat afterward. We were in luck and they took him as soon as we pulled up.
He passed his parallel parking no problem and they went on to do the rest of the really short course. The town was small and not much was happening. It was a dream drivers test with a really nice test guy!! This was his reason for fail... He failed to stop on red here...
He was watching for the line at the light so he not cross over to far and failed to see the stop on red sign. His light was red but he was turning right and since nothing was coming he went on to make his turn. I guess when testing we would stop on red regardless of a sign but he thought it was safe to yield on the red light. His testing guy felt so bad because he knew how far we'd come but it's his job and it wasn't his fault either.
We left the far away drivers license center with him down in the dumps and suddenly no longer hungry so we didn't even make it back to that yummy looking diner...:/...:)
It's all good and we are still in his passenger seat when he takes his car away. I still got to enjoy riding with him to the chiropractor this morning. I had just crawled into bed at eleven o'clock last night when he called and wanted a ride home from a friends house. I went without complaining knowing this will pass all to quickly and I will actually miss it...:)
Plus I kinda like driving his little hot rod car around...:) His next drivers test is next Tuesday and he is more determined then ever to pass...:) It is again far out of our area. Dave plans to take him this time!
Justin is excited to get out on the road with a drivers license and a work truck with a work crew. It will happen soon but I tell him for now it's all for a purpose and he needs to be patient even if its hard...:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BIG NEWS IN BELIZE!!! This announcement all took place last week!
Here are a few links to let you in on the excitement on our Belize project at Mahogany Bay Village!! I seriously cannot wait to see this place again!! It looks like so much has happened since we left!! Dave is trying to get me to meet up with him there in July... I'm still processing it but it would be great to see a real live update then!
Hilton is the first branded hotel to step onto the island of Ambergris Caye!! It's a really big deal and its such great news for investors at Mahogany Bay since this opens tons of new doors!!
Check it out if you want to take the time to see the excitement that we have had to keep quiet about for about a half year or so now!! We can finally talk about it and Dave is loving it! If you want in on the action contact him. Also please plan to visit this lovely resort someday!!
First the May progress video...
MBV May Progress Video
Next a few other links announcing the hype...
Hilton in Belize
In Belize News...
Press Conference (listen)
It has been so much fun to watch this village sprout from the ground up!! We plan to go back this winter! Come visit! We are still not sure exactly how long we will be going but we are all excited to see our Belize friends again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flying once again!....
We all had a turn flying with Dave this season already. I love to be up but when its bumpy I can hardly get my feet on the ground fast enough! This was the case the other night when I was up with him. He said "That was mild"... I'd hate to feel what "drastic" feels like!!
They so sweetly sit on the sidelines and watch the parachute leaving the property... Then they all know to stay out of the way when he comes back in for his landing!...:)
If you see them up there wave for candy!...:) We are the "Hot Pink and Yellow" one!...:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fathers Day 2016...
We are so BLESSED with a wonderful husband and daddy! We are so thankful for the way he leads us. We are so thankful for his stability. We are so thankful for his hardworking hands. We are so thankful that his relationship with Jesus is so important to him. We are so thankful that he takes the time to love on us all individually. We are so thankful for the laughter that he brings to us everyday. We are "most days" thankful for his adventurous, fly by the seat of your pants personality because it keeps us guessing and also it keeps me young at heart and totally out of my comfortable box where I'd most likely live always...!...:)
This man helps me around the house more then I ever dreamt he would. This place takes lots of work to keep it up and I so often say a prayer of thanksgiving when I see him pull those weeds, work in the pond, help me do the mulching every spring, and he even works in my garden when I don't ask him to!! I just love this!!! Gardening is a hobby of mine so I like that he likes the garden to!! We walk down there most every evening just before dark and see what we could munch on!...) We end up there after every morning run we do around home and we pick greens and berries or whatever is ready...:)
He helps Jenika hitch up her pony to the cart and he does it patiently to, all the while teaching her how to do it herself and be bossy when her pony decides to try her out!..;)
He does more for us then I could ever write about... mostly we LOVE that he is ours!!
We all loved on him extra much yesterday on "Fathers Day"...
![]() |
| He does so much with these kiddos and they are so blessed to have him!! |
Jordan disappeared into the basement after church to make him his favorite dessert on the sneak... Peanut Butter and Marshmallow crackers dunked in chocolate!! Dave knew he was down there creating something and he kept harassing them about it making us all laugh and getting Jenika all worked up...!:)
![]() |
| Justin showed up later in the day to wish his dad and grandfather a happy Fathers Day... We miss him when he is with his friends on weekends. |
We visited Chestnut Street church yesterday. We are still not settled completely into a local church for sure, we are really getting around and its been interesting to say the least. A journey we will look back on and remember as trying in many ways , testing our character in many ways, growing us in different areas. Being out of our comfort zone. Yet we know God's timing is best and we are really feeling the "pilgrims and strangers" on earth thing right now. Where we come from we tend to feel secure when we are part of a church body of believers. We can't wait to find that place where God is leading us to. Until then we be patient and wait on his place and timing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fathers Day at my parents....
We enjoyed a cookout at my parents last evening. It was fun to stop and see Dave's parents a bit then head on over to my parents where we spent the whole evening outdoors... Ending with a campfire and a beautiful full moon!
My parents worked together to make a real cute campfire area for us to enjoy~ My mom loves yellow (just like I do...honeysuckle are yellow!) so when she went crazy with the yellow paint my dad accused her of creating what looked like a bumble bee nest at the campfire area! We LOVE it and it is so mom!...:) We hope to spend more time here this summer!
The kids just love to roam around on dads property and they play super nice together!
My dad loves on his grandbabies so much and he so nicely came for a picture when I asked him to...:) Thanks Dad!! You are the best dad and grandfather for our family!! We are so BLESSED to have had such a great father growing up and now seeing you love on our children is a huge BLESSING that we will never take for granted!!
After we got in late last night and we had just unloaded the leftover food from the car I got a frantic text that said "Pray for baby Kirsten! An ambulance is on the way! She is having trouble breathing!"
I quickly called to Dave and told him to get the kids to bed... I'm going back over to dads to meet up with the ambulance and see if I can help with anything!!
When I got back to dads the ambulance crew was working on baby. She was seeming okay by then but her little eyes were red and swollen like she had been crying for hours on end!! Somehow she had mucus or throw up lodged in her airways and she gave her family a really big scare!! Allen ran off to find a suction tube and when that didn't seem to help the dialed 911!
She slept most of the evening on our laps. James and Sam held her long as she slept soundly! She was with Lynn when I left. Marilyn and I both leaned in and kissed her goodbye before we left. She is absolutely precious!! When I got the text I could not imagine what had happened so fast and I was so shook up as I drove back to dads!
We are so thankful the outcome was good. I then took Kath and her kiddos home while Smokey drove the horse home and as we drove back to Kath's she said to me "What if sometime it would not be okay!?" We can only imagine the hurt that comes from losing a child in death and we are so thankful to still have a newborn in our family to love on!!
I just read in the news of two three year old twin boys that crawled under a fence to a swimming pool area and they both fell into the water! One was pronounced dead at the scene the other died later in the hospital!! The age is presious!! How they will miss these baby boys!! As I think of Justin's accident some days and baby Kirsten now I know no age would be okay to lose a child!! It would hurt so deep no matter the age!! God is all knowing and we will one day see his big picture but for today please join me in prayer for this family!... These boys are so cute!!!...
...Twins Accident
If you have a pool on your property this summer please use caution! It happens to someone every summer and it so heartbreaking! Drowning can be so silent and sudden!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We took the kids to see Samson last week!! It was so good!! We love to see the Bible come to life here at Sight and Sound!! Thanks to Bill Poole for the tickets!! Nights out like this are so special!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are enjoying this summer even if it is flying by so quickly!!
The Little's are working hard on library books in hopes of getting those Dutch Wonderland tickets at the end of summer break!! We have stacks of books on the couch and they start and end most days reading! I love it!!
I'm off to get some windows cleaned... the pressure washer guy was here today pressure washing the porches and north ends of the house and I will now have endless windows to clean for the rest of this week!...:) I'm thinking I might let it for next week since it will be camp week for the three youngest!! They are getting super excited for camp week!!








No comments:
Post a Comment