Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Strange/Quiet Camp Week...

My week.

It's weird.

I feel like I'd get old fast if I'd be childless anytime soon...:)

I keep getting fun pictures sent to me from camp and I can tell the kids are having a blast and being very active!

I had enough of laundry this morning to do a load but it was close!

 I have not started the dishwasher since the kids left!

I haven't a reason to go into there bedrooms to do the odds and ends that I do in there daily!

I haven't had a reason to get out my sweeper this week yet!

Supper last night was just a salad for Dave, Justin and I!

Justin then left soon after supper and Dave and I did some staining until it started raining then we sat on the side porch with my parents for awhile but we went to bed at eight thirty!!

Weird right!??

I am feeding the animals and keeping the pool clean but the other chores that the kids do daily really don't even need done since they are not here to create the need!...:) (Sasha misses the kids! She is up at Jonathan's this week!)

I went out to mow today but the mower is broken and so it is getting picked up later so I won't get to that until probably later in the week... It wasn't that necessary anyway... I just didn't have much going on and I love to mow yard...:}

Dave and I are random. I'm so glad for him! We went for ice cream one evening. We had a campfire all alone. We are staining garage doors and decks together. We enjoy being together and I'm so glad because by the time he gets home I'm ready to see him!... He is enjoying the extra attention I shower him with...:)

Justin is busy these days. He is so enjoying his drivers license and car!! He has been working out of the shop and on the road every day since he got his license and he loves it! This morning he left the house at three o'clock! He hopes to make it home in time for his ballgame but he won't have supper with us so it will be just Dave and I! How weird! I gathered these things for supper and I have it all prepared and in the warming drawer already... :)



I made chicken on the green egg.... all by myself to. Jordan normally grills around here.

Justin and his friends are also busy setting up a trailer/house type thing in Christiana. They plan to watch sports here and just have a gathering place... It's close to us so Justin don't have to go far to find his friends! They carried off an old couch out of our barn and a chair from the attic. They are gathering stuff where they can to furnish this place. They have been shopping for TVs, wastebaskets and all kinds of odd stuff. Dave and I drove over to see it last night. They have an old truck bed that they plan to transfer into a swimming pool! They have neighbors all around them and they have close police watch since the police come in to watch the business that is there so I'm hoping they will be quiet enough for these neighbors but that truck bed looks like a real party to me!...:)

The garden... It's thriving!! I love this time of year when everything looks so lush with life! I'm not the best with harvesting my garden but I love to plant and gather stuff for meals when I can!

The garden will have many more tomatoes then our family will need this year! If you want some "Back to Eden" garden tomatoes come help yourself this fall!! I went crazy with tomato packs this year but last year I did to and they didn't do so well so we didn't get many tomatoes. Not the case this year!!! I will have tons the way it's looking!!

Salads... Pretty much daily on our menu!... I'm sad at times that we can't eat from the garden year round! It's just the best!!

The blueberries are turning blue and we will be picking lots of them soon! If we beat the birds to them that is...:}

I will be bottling Kombucha in a few days. I'll have lots of starter cultures! Let me know if you want to start making your own Kombucha Tea!! I'll help you get started! The last time I bottled I got creative with blueberry, cherry, grape and chia!! We are having a blast with these bursts of flavor coming from our daily Kombucha! The fruit gives it more of a pop to! We love it!! A fun and creative way to get your daily probiotics! We are still working on Jordan and his taste for this drink. I wish he would drink the most of what we bottle but I'm sad to say he drinks the least!

We are looking forward to a Fourth Of July party at Jr and Ruthie!! This year we will be waiting to do the Zook family vacation until August since Dave and Rose are coming home from Africa next month and settling in will take some time! Papa's plan on moving next month then Dave's will be moving into their home. We are excited to see the Stoltzfus family again and then on a more regular basis after that! Safe packing and travels Dave and Rose!! We are praying for you!

My family is doing a few days at a cabin next weekend. Summer vacations with our families are always a highlight! The summer is flying and I'm trying to figure out how we can slow it down a bit! School schedule will bring tears from a few of my kiddos I'm certain!...:) We will not think about that for now....:)

I will be ready to have the kids back in the house! Javon makes me my french press coffee every morning... He loves to do it! He grinds the beans first then he heats up water, he has the whole process down pat by now...:) This week I'm either going without coffee or making my own. I can easily go without but when he asks me if I want a coffee in the mornings I can't resist...:) I miss him the most. I have come to realize that the youngest still has that pull on me... I love to hold him in my lap even though he is seven! I love to hear him read stories to me but I especially love it when he says "can you read to me instead?" I love how he comes down last in the mornings (every morning) and says "Now tomorrow I'm not going to sleep so long because I miss out on stuff to much!" (Jenika gets a lot done before Javon wakes up!:)) (he still always sleep long and he loves every minute of it!)

 I think of Jenika a lot this week to but her personality thrives on camp weeks and she has no issue with being away from me..:) Jordan LOVES camp!

Is Dave home yet!? I'm so anxious to talk to somebody....:) It feels almost like it did back before we had kids!...:)

It's felt so strange during these past few days already....:) The days are short and I know they will all be here before I know it... with piles and piles of laundry and the many other needs that they have daily... It's my purpose and without them I'd feel like my identity had changed but for the moment I choose to enjoy the "quietness" all the while knowing they are having a great time during camp week!




No comments:

Post a Comment