Friday, August 26, 2016

Back To School!...

It is "Back to School" week!


They are off...


The house is so quiet!

I'm still not sure how I feel about this school schedule.

It's so nice to get an early start with breakfast and all as it just feels like the whole day is more productive.

The big yellow bus picks the kids up at seven thirty.

The lunches are back on the counter and are being packed. This is probably my biggest struggle about the school year. I want them eating healthy and healthy and school lunches is just a battle for us at times. We got creative and made a list and taped it to the inside pantry door. It lists snack items to choose from, lunch items to choose from and treat items to choose from. It makes it easier for them to help along and chose what they want. I decided not to stress so bad on lunch this year and have an early healthy supper soon after they get off the bus in the late afternoon.

I'm excited about more online communication this year! We are using "My school works" online and so this will eliminate tons of paper and paper work that needs to be sent back to school! This also shows the test scores for each students subject as soon as they get graded...:) Both Jen and Javon's teachers have a blog that they update often so this is where we find bible memory, (no more losing that paper!) spelling words and reading and extra math assignments!

Linville was a stretch for Jenika last year but so far this year she has jumped out of bed so excited to go to school! This is huge for me as it broke my heart last year to see her struggle to figure out where she fits in and the large classroom with so many students was so overwhelming!! She talked so much about her Fairhaven school years and begged to go back. I haven't heard a word of that and she seems pumped about her teacher, field trips coming up, her classroom and the 28 students that fill it!! She is thrilled to have six new girls this year that are coming to Linville for the first time!! She loves to make friends and I see her connecting well with some of them already. We are praying for a great year of fourth grade for Jenika!!!

Going into fourth grade!~ She says "Fourth Grade is going to be the BEST!!


Going into Second Grade... My he is growing up!

 
Going into Eighth Grade!... He loves all the school activity!
 

Javon is already popping out of bed better then last year and I can tell already that second grade will be less stressful then first grade was for him.

Jordan was off to Black Rock Retreat on the first day already! Three days at the retreat is how the middle scholars start off the school year every year. We do all the paper work and fund raising before school is over in the spring and then we are set for the retreat on opening day of school. He was not to excited about going back to school already but he was excited about Black Rock and this normally breaks the ice and they are all into after that! We pick him up today and we are so ready to have him home!

We are so excited for a great school year at Linville Hill.

I'm off to do some shopping. Family Picture day is on Sunday and I need to round up the outfits. It can be stressful but I'm always happy to have those pictures updated! This is the year that Sweet Face Photography will be doing the whole Dienner clan again to!! We will have a challenge but its always worth it...:)

Have a Great Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment