Tuesday, August 2, 2016

It's August Already!

As I look back at my years of blogging on here I see its been five years! It doesn't seems like its been five years! Five years ago this past June I posted my first post. It has been so much fun to keep our lives so closely on record here and looking back can get so interesting and time consuming at the same time! I love to see the faces of my little people on here and I can only imagine how much more it will mean looking back on here years farther down the road...

It feels like our lives are bit vulnerable and just "out there" at times. I put my kids life journey down in posts on here that others read... I hope they will always be okay with the years that I blogged so much about them.

 I did Creative Memory albums for years and I love to look at the many books I have on the shelf but this is a way that just keeps it more up dated and less expensive plus I write more then I would in any album books. One day maybe I'll get back into that but for now I'll continue to update on here now and then. Even if it is not as often I know it will still mean the world to our family one day...:)

I have slowed the blogs down this summer but it wasn't intentional. It has been a summer that has gone faster then most any I remember before this! Somehow I don't think this will turn around as I'm finding the older I get the faster time seems to go!...:)

Our journey on here is put out there to share with you all as encouragement and I hope you have gathered by now that we have "real life and all its involved drama" here just as well as any other family out there...:) Just because I share so many good, fun and exciting things doesn't mean we don't have much of the opposite as well...:}

Our Faith, Travels, Food, Health, Fitness and "Adorable Faces" is what I like to focus on. I tend to fight negativity so often my posts might come across as negative but I really am so so BLESSED and I try not to take it for granted ever!

Dave and I have many different interests. Few are the same. I share both on here although mine of course come off stronger then his because I'm the one posting...:) We do bring our worlds together the best that we can and we talk, share and work out our differences as graciously as we can and in the end we are still in love and we feel perfect for each other. We are so thankful for the love we feel for each other!

Last night late after we were all in bed Dave made it back into the house from another investor trip.

We are always overjoyed to have him home again!

Seeing him go has become easier over the course of his years of being a traveling investor but he completes us and we cannot imagine life without him. Every time he makes it back home I say that prayer of thanksgiving for bringing him back to us once again!

He did something HARD this past week.

He said goodbye to his SMC membership.

This SMC group is like another very special family to him.

This is the group that accompanies him on many of his travels inside and outside of the country.

Its the group that he is on the phone with every Wednesday night. Email and phone calls go back and forth often.

Many in this group are his mentors that he has come to love and respect. He has learned a ton from this group!

Doing book studies together.

 Learning, Growing, Educating, and Sharing ideas on what works and what doesn't out there in the real world.

This group is who he goes to for input about every big investment decision he makes.

Like I said "Family"~ Close Knit~

This is the group that takes him on those Summit at Sea cruises.

This is the group that got us involved at Mahogany Bay. A huge plus since I love this place!!

I have a love/hate relationship with this group...:)

I love to see Dave learn and grow. I love to see him help others around him and help many make wiser financial decisions.

At the same time it feels like this group has stolen much from me and the kids.

 At the same time I know I have nothing to complain about and we benefit from his time away in its own category....:}

 I get all mixed up with feelings and emotions about ALL that Dave is involved in!! I'm a woman with MANY emotions!...:) God spared none from me...:)

 Dave said goodbye to SMC group for now.

He did it for me.

For our family.

It felt like we needed a fresh breath and a refocus. I know it was HARD but I hope we can look back and see the purpose and meaning behind this break from SMC life.

We are still focusing on finding the church God wants us to be a part of. We are still visiting. We visit and love being guests yet at the same time it will feel nice to settle somewhere and get more involved in community and a youth group for Jordan.

Dave went from Vancouver to Belize... Some days I have no idea how his brain can handle so many of these classroom type settings yet when I do come with him I see he soaks it up. I know its a gift of his... He says "It's my Job" "Going out the door with his packed bag and off to the the airport he likes to say to me "Gotta Go To Work Now"...:)  ... Last I recall he was still into the shed business but this investor life seems to be taking a bigger role as sheds take a more back seat with a great team behind them. He still does do sheds plenty though...:)

Vancouver LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!


Marin is Dave's mentor in the recourse and energy space.



Then to Belize... Forty hours with no sleep would be way to much for me but that was the case as he traveled from Vancouver to LOVELY Belize...

Miss Beverly doing her thing at Rum & Bean! A New Juice Menu! Yay!!

 
Mahogany Bay has its very own beach!! Sunsets are beautiful here and rare on the beach side!

 

Never visit Belize without doing a lobster dive complete with the fresh catch meal by Tony and his guys! Always a great time!!



Mahogany Bay on the board... Lots has happened and lots is still happening!!


Pray for Belize... They are anticipating a tropical storm or worse to make landfall tomorrow. Dave got out just in time and he said he needed to be at Tropic Air two hours before departure since they are busy with evacuation planning.

As for us... We have been busy doing Summer!!...  I would love to travel with Dave more and I hope to one day but when I'm here with the kids it just feels right.

 We enjoyed a low key week mostly at home.

Jenika and Javon are still reading lots to get earn those Dutch Wonderland tickets! They are almost there and when we take these last books back they will have earned the tickets!!


We swim every day!! We LOVE having cousins next door!!


Infusions still happen weekly... Jordan is brave even though he hates these needles!

 
Jenika is a great help on Kombucha bottle day!! Dave was away for a week and I can tell! We have lots of Kombucha right now!! I'll sell some off if you are ever interested in trying it! I love learning more about this fun drink full of health benefits!


Justin left the house at two o'clock this morning! Last week when Dave was out his schedule was more low key and he was home early most days. I love having him here but especially when Dave is out for a few days! He played in the ORI baseball tournament over the weekend. It was so hot but we enjoyed watching a few of his games and listening to the singers on Friday evening.

Justin keeps busy. He knows how I am with his health and he likes to get me going sometimes! I could just shake him sometimes because of it. He came home the other evening with two bucket type containers of that Bubble Gum Bubble Gum for his ball team dugout. The main ingredient is HFCS! I threw a fit while he shushed me off... Grinning all the while. He said "It's just what we do when we play ball, we chew this stuff until our jaws are sore!"

Then I find a bottle of twelve hour energy pills. I of course flip it again... Oh well I was young once to... I just hope he doesn't swallow those to often!

I have more to share on this teenager but that will be in a later post... He is testing all of my motherly... I don't know what you call it...

Just teenage stuff I deal with. Knowing when to speak and when to be silent is a challenge to me...

 I still feel so unqualified for this role of mothering a sixteen year old...:} I love him more then words can ever express... He is a great kid and God had great plans for him... Check back for a post on what its like mothering this guy and I'll share some of my heart... For now is still brewing...:)

Have a great night! We are planning to enjoy a wonderful supper. Mostly from the garden with Jordan grilling chicken on the grill... it will be extra special with the man of the house back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment