Friday, September 9, 2016

Immune System... Up's and Down's

I have come to learn much about immune system.

When one in your family don't have one you are forced to look into it at a deeper level.

This is what Jordan's immune system looks like... (This is one weeks worth)


Jordan is well as long as he gets this every week. Without these cells we believe he would not be here with us today.

We are THANKFUL for this monthly shipment of individual week packages!

Learning how to insert needles and deal with tubes is not something that I ever thought I would or could ever do.

I still get nervous at times but I don't show it to Jordan and things go pretty good most times. We really don't realize what he deals with in this situation.

At the cabin last week we had to do his infusion on a night we were enjoying a campfire with Jonathan's family. I hooked him up and got him settled then I went to take a shower. When I went to my room after my shower for something I found him laying in our bed silently crying.

I ask him what is wrong? He said he don't know why but the one needle just hurts so bad!! I instantly pinched the line and he was soon fine. With the one line pinched he only had two that were infusing the medicine. This took about a half hour longer but it was still better then the pain. He was ready to grind it out!

Sometimes we find blood in the line and need to pinch the line. Sometimes he is faint as the needles go in and this is what makes me the most crazy! We have learned over time that this mostly happens when he is not properly hydrated or if it is to early in the morning.

The whole process is stretching yet we are so thankful!

At this time we are told by Children's Hospital of Philly that this will be a lifelong thing for Jordan.

We chose to believe in a healing touch eventually and we try immune boosting things even if the immune system is non existent.

Our immune systems are everything! Without them working properly we struggle!

I have learned how immune systems function and how they fight to keep us well.

 I have learned what foods are best to boost immune function. I have learned how the brain talks to the gut and how most of our immune system lies here.

 I have changed our families lifestyle to better the chances of immune health. I'm still changing things and the challenge is great but it is much better then it used to be!

I hear the kids say things like "Donuts make me feel miserable!" "I have acne because of my weekend diet and to little sleep".

I love that the kids connect what goes into the body will determine the outcome and how they will feel. We have this line around here we say... "Junk in Junk out!" If you eat garbage you will feel like garbage...;) As they get older and wiser most of them seem to be connecting the dots...;)

The other evening Justin was walking around swooshing something in his mouth. I asked Jordan "What is Justin gurgling?" He said "coconut oil". I started laughing! It's called "oil pulling" and if I made him do it he would think I'm losing my mind! He picked it up from his girlfriend and I just smiled...:) 

Javon has picked up this habit... He smells EVERYTHING!! I kid you not he smells his clothes before he puts them on. He smells phones and toys and anything that he puts into his hands gets smelled for some unknown reason! He is forever putting his hands to his nose smelling them! I can't stand it! It got so bad that he got a rash under his nose and he caught a cold (probably from all the germs he sniffed!)

Finally we as a family decided something needs to be done! We told him he can spend ten dollars on Amazon if he stop the sniffing! Instantly he was like okay "hand it over, I'm done sniffing!"

Now he catches himself going to sniff stuff and he is doing much better! Little habits can make a difference when it comes to our immune system.

Dave has a broken foot. The immune system struggles when a bone is broken to. He is so patient and easy to care for compared to what Jordan was when he had his leg broken. He is so ready to walk! His headaches are a bit better but hobbling on one foot will jolt the body and also the crutches work the shoulders which all create head pressure. He soaks his foot in Epsom salt, baking soda and oils every night while I do the bedtime routine with the kids. The bedtime process takes long at our house but he is normally still soaking when I return after the kids are tucked in...;)

I forgot to mention in the last post that the four wheeler came down on Dave's leg/foot. He was making a four wheeler trail and going down hill to cut a path when he tried to go over some to big logs going to fast. The wheeler stopped short sending him flying off the front and then flipping to come down on his foot. He knew it was coming so he scrambled out of the way thinking he was clear when it caught his foot. Jonathan was only thirty feet away and he had to lift the wheeler to free Dave's leg. He has a bruise on the back of his calf along with his broken bone. The pain was bad again this morning but we are thinking it will be feeling better real soon. For now he makes him self as comfortable as he can behind his desk and his leg rests next to his paper work...:)

Justin's immune system seems great despite his concussion! He never complains of any headaches or anything and for this we are so thankful!! He takes the supplements I put in his lunch everyday without question and he drinks Kombucha to. I love when he connects what he eats with how he feels or how his skin looks. (immune function can be read by skin!) Most days he gets on the scales and he runs if its not to late when he gets home. His self discipline is something that I admire around home!

I think he binges on weekends but we all kind of enjoy more junk food on weekends...:) Summer without Smore's would be so boring...:)

I'm beyond EXCITED that we are bringing home our very own Hyperbaric Chamber tonight!! Justin was in the chamber a few times a week while healing from his concussion and I credit this thing to much of his healing!

The biggest thing that the chamber is good for is "inflammation".  It oxygenates the body's cells so they can regenerate and bring healing. Pressure is turned up and you lay in this thing and just relax while it takes the body on an oxygen journey for 1-2 hours...:)

I have been wanting to get Jordan into the hyperbaric for a long time already but one dive costs seventy dollars and diving a few times a week like it is recommended for his health issue would just add up to fast, even if it does help inflammation.

I know these chambers can be rented to which is better if diving often.

It's great to have a fun relationship with your Chiropractor... :)

Dave thinks I hold Doctor Steve a bit high up there but he has helped our health journey so much and I have learned and researched a ton because of him! Everything his practise does makes perfect sense to help the body heal the way God intended it to. It took time for us to get sick and it will take time to heal as well. Small lifestyle changes can be a huge step towards healing!

If you need a great chiropractor I highly recommend this one!...


Doctor Steve and Michelle are coming to set up the chamber for us tonight then staying for a campfire! If ever I soak up learning it is in the presence of Doctor Steve!

As for me and my immune function...:) It has been a summer like no other for me!
 
The other day the kids got on the bus and I shuffled through my routine the best I could before collapsing on the chair from 10:30-2:30! For those of you that know me well know this is not anything like me!
 
I put my running clothes on out of habit in the morning but by the time the kids are on the bus I'm exhausted! I have been skipping more runs then ever and I must watch Saturday's Bird-in-Hand Half pass me by because I had no energy to train this summer!
 
I blame it on my tooth implant. It is still struggling to heal and I have an emergency appointment scheduled for today since I feel a loose screw in my gums for the past few days! Today's X-Ray will determine if this implant even worked. If not it will have to be removed, left to heal and start the process again in like half a year! I'm afraid I will shed tears if this is the case because this process has caused so much drama already!
 
Normally my every half year dental cleanings bring great reports! Yesterday the hygienist was mortified at my bleeding and bad bacteria despite the fact that I brush and floss everyday!
 
It amazes me how we can learn to read the body! When the gums are tender and bleedy right there is a sign something is not right. When the bowel function changes there is another sign. When I feel like I'm so tired I could literally collapse after ten hours of sleep this is another sign. When my body screams for the couch while my mind screams to get work done this is a sign to me that something is not right. When I stumble through my daily household chores I'm glad they have become so routine and habit or I might forget to function and just stay in bed all day!
 
I'm not sure what is going on but I find that I'm so very tired as soon as I get out of bed! I drink my large 20 oz. water bottle out of habit (this morning was... warm water, lemon essential oil, aloe vera, raw vinegar, wholesome organic molasses and chia seeds) and I find I perk up enough to get work done. I drink a Kombucha everyday to although I have slowed down some since I'm trying to just get more water. I have added a stronger probiotic that comes from here... shop.mercola.com. I got the stronger kind (100 billion CFU) to try to kick my body back after a round of antibiotics.
 
Our nutritionist also sent out some immune boosting food based supplements that I'm hoping will kick start something. I feel my body fighting. Detox baths of Epsom salt, baking soda and essential oils have become a regular routine. At first I could not sit in the hot water with the jets going for more then a few minutes but now I can stay in up to a half hour. Sweating it out is what it is for sure!! I feel drained after these detox baths for a bit but then I feel so refreshed and renewed!
 
It is time consuming to care for oneself! Between extra sleep, exercises, baths healthy meals... I could have a full time job just caring for myself!!... Who has time for that!!?? I'm glad its me and not any one of my other family members. I have to remind myself to give myself grace when not everything flows like normal. I have to remind myself that self care is important if I want to heal and serve my family the way I want to. Investing in myself is hard and don't come easy but I have always tried not to neglect myself since I want to be a joyful, vibrant, full of energy mom that can run the house and all the things that go along with wonderful husband, four kids and a huge house!
 
I'm way to BLESSED to be STRESSED though!!
 
This was my breakfast this morning...
 
Saute'd mushroom, cabbage, peppers, aspargus, with fresh egg (to hold it all together) On top of greens from the garden, toatoe and avacodo. My favorite!
 
Lots of cleaning did get done today, many very dirty windows got cleaned, Laundry is caught up, grocery shopping is done... Music, prayer and routine habits is what kept me going...:)
 
I'm praying for strength back... Until then I send up extra prayers for mercy and grace. Keep looking at my blessings, being thankful for the smallest things and being okay getting fat because I'm not running enough...:} Life has ups and it has downs.. It's the Downs that make us appreciate the Ups!
 
I'm off the the oral surgery center for some answers...:)
 
Have a BLESSED Day and if your immune system is functioning properly don't forget to be thankful today!!
 
I'm missing apple sauce day with my sisters... Sad!
 
I hope to share the Dienner family pictures on the next post! I keep getting notes that Lindsey is working on them...:)



1 comment:

  1. Dealing with fatigue is frustrating! For some reason I always deal w/ it in the Fall, but since I'm drinking kombucha I feel completely different, you have so much knowledge on health issues, I found it so very helpful to read,don't know if this is any help but I also take vitamin b-complex which helps as well, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete