Saturday, January 28, 2017

Packing...


The week has been a flurry of activity yet at the same time we are still on routine and not real stressed out... (minus (-) Dave!) The offices are moving this week and it has been a challenge to get his stuff organized for the staff that will be covering for him these next few weeks...:)

This morning my five mile run took me an hour. I walked some to as I enjoyed the light falling snow and worship music all the while getting a sweat going. As we anticipate running the warm climate of Belize I couldn't help but enjoy and appreciate the cool air and light falling snow this morning.

It makes no matter if we are here or in Belize it is a mind set that it takes to appreciate our surroundings and the beauty that God places before us each and every day. The freedom we have is something I never want to take for granted! As I watch some of the news and see the new Trump administration set new laws and halt immigration/refugees from entering our country I can't help but feel sorry for those that that had hearts and minds set on starting a new and better life in America. How am I so privileged as to be a citizen of this great county and have all my family here. It does seem like the best interest for our county but it is a huge disappointment for many and I can't help but feel sorry for them.

We have snorkel gear and swimsuits packed. We worked on downloading some new music and getting the camera in working order. The bags are mostly packed but as people throw the last minute stuff into the office where the suitcases are it looks like I will have to add another check in bag. We have four check in bags for six of us so that's better then last year but still feels like a lot of stuff.

Chickens and Sasha are moving up to Jonathan's. We are so thankful for them when we are away! They are coming down to see us later in the month...:)

 Justin and Eva are spending every free moment together. Today they cleaned out that old Christiana hut that they worked so hard to furnish!..:) They have moved everything back here once again and I guess they will just be here now. We enjoy them here anyway and I'm glad they got rid of that hut that had the bedbugs last summer!...:) They are comfortable here and we have enjoyed adding Eva to many of our evenings here at home. They get the games going and they also love to eat... They are teenagers after all so they must be normal...:)

They make smoothies and other goodies if we don't have anything that looks interesting enough for them...I still try not to buy junk food to much. They eat a lot of fruit and I love that the kids have always been involved in the kitchen because Justin is comfortable there and has no problem whipping up something good if he wants to...:) Jordan is still better at it though so if he is willing Justin will often pay him something for making him and Eva something yummy...;) (Jordan has many specialties and we love to put him to work!)

We are leaving her. It is rough on her. Justin is her best friend. She will miss him. He is anticipating doing some kite surfing and cross fit with his dad. He looks forward to lobster diving and being there with us but a piece of him will stay here and his ticket was changed to come home before the rest of us because of it. His heart is attached to someone other and we are okay with that. We have come to love her and she will not be far from our minds.. If you see her next week give her an extra hug or some type of encouragement...:) My family hopes to entertain and love on her and I have no doubt she will be in great hands with them...:)

The Little's spend hours outside!! They are training Sasha to be a "police dog"! It is so cute to watch as they blind fold her and one of them will hold her while the other goes to hide then when ready they let her go and she sniffs out the hider while blindfolded!...:) She will miss them!

We plan to enjoy a weekend at home before we head off to some place warm!

I'll post from Belize when we are settled in...:)




No comments:

Post a Comment