Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Arizona...

Our first weeks of summer are well on the way! Today is so very warm and the summer heat is upon us!

The pools are open for business and I'm sure they are loving this high heat week!!

We made a lovely trip to the beach!

 
But before that were the last days of school. And before that was a trip to Arizona for Dave and I.
 
Blogging less this year has me playing catch up once I finally do make it on here...:) It's okay though because this blog was never meant to be stressful but a way to record our lives in some fun form and to this day I'm thankful for each and every post. It is a great way to get my pictures recorded and we often look back when we question happenings years ago...;)
 
School!! It is over!! We are LOVING the break from the demanding schedule! This is the first week we really get the feel of finding a summer time routine because last week we were gone most of the week.
 
Dave and I spent three days in Arizona last week. Monday through Wednesday. Let me tell you Arizona is like a furnace in the summer time and we hit a major heat wave while out there!
 
It was HOT!
 
We left Eva in charge of the house. She had the help of the three youngest and they did a great job with yard work, laundry, house upkeep and then Eva baked her little heart out and we all enjoy her goodies today yet! She is a whiz in my kitchen by now!... And she is a great house keeper!
Thanks Eva Jane!!
 
Dave and I left the house soon after 3:00AM! Arizona is three hours behind us so by night time we were whooped!
 
Eric and Cindy had a room for us and we always enjoy time with this couple from Arizona. They were here for a few days last summer and they also spent time in Belize with us.
 
Dave was speaking at the Residential Assisted Living Academy in Phoenix Tuesday.
 

Monday we made a visit to the Rich Dad office. Dave thought this was pretty cool since this organization has had such a profound positive impact on his life the last five years!
 
I guess the "board room" is a pretty cool setting...:)
 

We did some shopping in Scottsdale... It was very high end. A very lovely place to browse and the mist that came from the overhang was a nice way to stay as cool as possible in such a dessert type climate!...:}

 
Dave normally gets a low key rental car but since I came this time he thought it would be fun to upgrade a bit!! We drove around for a few days with this real cool car! Let me tell you my head flew back against the seat more then I'd like to admit then I'd look over at Dave and he is grinning at me from ear to ear! Some people just like fast cars I guess...:} I still prefer "slow" for the most part but I have learned to have fun in his "fast lane" now and then...:)
 
 
We test drove a Tesla to!! These cars are electric and really have neat features! Dave has been eyeing them for a few years and most likely the Tesla will be his "midlife crisis" car one day!...:) These really are the future of cars and this thing had my head flying back to all the while silent as a mouse!
 
 
We enjoyed lots of great food and fellowship with Eric and Cindy!! The hospitality was great! Cindy had this note in her kitchen... The other couple they were hosting was her brother and his wife from Indiana. It was fun to get to visit with Brian and Jackie to!
 
 
Wednesday morning after what seemed like only a few hours of sleep Dave got me up to hike the South Mountain!
 
It was a long climb but well worth getting out of bed for! We went before the sun got real hot although it was still hot!
 







 
We arrived back home Thursday morning around 2:00 AM! Now to quickly recover and catch a breath for the next getaway Friday-Sunday!
 
Thursday we did laundry, buzzed over the yard, repacked and enjoyed the lovely summer day!! It felt very cool to me although it was a fairly warm summer day!... I never appreciate "home" like I do after traveling. We are super BLESSED to live in lush green thriving Lancaster County!!
 
(I LOVE June... I probably change my tune a bit come January...:})
 
The Beach!!
 
The Zook brothers and Papa's got to enjoy this trip to the beach because of a customer established relationship with the owner of Icona Beach Resorts!
 
Avalon NJ is beautiful!!
 
Here is a sneak peak... I'll post more hopefully tomorrow... I must get my clan to bed before Dave gets home from his Real Estate meeting and realizes we haven't even showered yet!...
 
We love summer time freedom!
 

 
This adorable couple spent hour upon hour in the water jumping waves! We so enjoyed having them with us all weekend long!
 
Much is happening around here!!
 
We have lots of adorable baby peeps! The garden is thriving! Jenika is riding Ginger bare back like a pro! A new swimming hole is being established right on our own property but for today I have run out of computer time! I hope to be back on tomorrow at some point to finish this post...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment