Hello to my BLOG....:)
I know it has been awhile. It's okay. I get here when I get here...:)
Lots of cooking and baking is taking place these days as I take to the kitchen more this time of year! I just LOVE to be in the kitchen!! (its a good thing to because my guys are in the "eat like a horse" stage again lately! I'm never bored around here but if I were I'd just be in the kitchen even more!)
You wouldn't believe it but this little puppy dog makes herself totally at home around here. She doesn't go upstairs where the bedrooms have carpet but she has more and more freedom on the main floor. She does great and has no accidents in the house anymore but I still can't get used to her being wet when she comes in so she still has to go in her caged in area until she is clean and dry.
Her favorite place to be is in the nook and I don't blame her because its my favorite place in the house to!
We have pretty much packed up the bow and arrow for the season. Jordan had a lot of fun this archery season with lots of action but he didn't kill his deer yet... Last week one morning before school him and I went out tracking one he had hit the night before. He missed the first time because the buck heard and dropped low... He hit it real good and in a good spot with his second arrow but after he shot he realized he had a field tip on that arrow! The poor deer was injured and we couldn't find him! Jordan was sick about it because he was a beauty!
The cabin is where we spend much of our November weekends! The time spent up there is always so relaxing and the kids always enjoy time with friends and cousins!
The trails are always so beautiful and it feels so good to get out for fresh air on these trails!
I did a fun little photo shoot with Justin and Eva.. I love how they turned out... How cute are these two??!!...:)
Last evening just as we were sitting down to eat supper we got guests! Our Belize friends! Steve, Dane and Charlie are here for two nights because Dane has a soccer tournament in our area! We didn't know they were coming yet we were thrilled to host them! They had dinner with us right there on the spot and it was the first taste of "beef tongue" they ever had!...:) (I would never serve this to guests by any means but Dave considers it a treat and it was what was on the menu) Dane had games today in the rain but Charlie stayed her with us where he could stay warm and dry and play with Javon! They had a great day together!!
Steve and Dane came back this afternoon soaked and cold!! I did a few loads of laundry for them and made some pumpkins into puree for next weeks pies while the rest of the clan went to the trampoline park for an hour of bouncing fun!...:)
We have most of the outdoor winter work done although I hope to mow and blow one more time before winter settles in.
Sasha has five puppies and they are growing by leaps! She takes real good care of them! The big boys are happy to finally have gotten a few puppies out of her!
Christmas shopping is well on the way and I hope to be complete with it all real soon so I can think about other fun festives in December! The decor has come out slowly to and I even had Christmas music playing this week! I know I enjoy the season more and more each year!s
We have been blessed with health this month and I never want to take that for granted!
The Thanksgiving feast for my family is taking place here this year so we are thinking ahead for that day of giving thanks and enjoying family time!
We host the youth next weekend and my dad is doing some painting projects for us!
We are in the process of moving Javon into his own room. Jordan is getting into the youth years and I can tell he would love to have his own space. He is so good with Javon yet Javon kind of expects to get all Jordan's attention and at the stage Jordan is in he has homework and lots of other activities going on so I think they will both like to be in there own room.
The room that was the nursery will be transferred back into a room for Javon to call his own!
The garden greens went flat last weekend when we were at the cabin. We got a real cold snap and it put them under! I will so miss the fresh greens but it feels nice to be done with outside work for awhile.
The beautiful pictures I see of Belize daily are starting to pull as it gets cold here! We still do not plan to go down this winter at all but the pictures of the winter weather down there have me all eyes and it would be fun to be going yet at the same time it feels best to skip this year for the sake of school.
The season of Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming quickly upon us! I want to be intentional about keeping it slow and steady so we not miss the real reason for this wonderful season! Breathing deep and getting out with others to enjoy the seasonal surroundings is the goal for the next few weeks! Being the hands and feet of Jesus is what we strive for everyday but even more so around the holiday season! Lets not miss the opportunities we are given because we are "to busy"!
Happy weekend you all! It always feels nice to tune in here...:)



No comments:
Post a Comment