Winter is going so fast!
It feels great to be more slow paced.
Dave looked at me cross eyed when I got a five hundred piece glow in the dark puzzle out for the Little's and I to work on..:) We still don't even have the edges together and I think we are pretty green at puzzles!...lol
We are doing all things winter these days.
With the temperatures in the single digits (or even lower at times) for a ten day stretch we were doing indoor things. (or at least I was)
The kids got to enjoy a water hole their uncle Sam rigged up again this year. He does this for the winter months for ice skating and Jordan has spent countless hours over there with Mark! They play hockey. The Little's go over now and then but they are not on the ice near as much as Jordan.
Today the temperature has risen to the 60's! The warm weather came on so fast and it leaves again tonight as fast as it came! We plunge back into the 20's tonight with rain/sleet/ice... ~oh boy~
As soon as it started to thaw I got in a four mile run!
It felt WONDERFUL!! And it was so very beautiful!!
The morning of running was in the 20's and after those windy low single digits it felt like a heat wave for sure!
Since the last post Dave is healing. So is Justin.
Justin is out every morning but he has been returning to have breakfast here. He eats a breakfast scramble but I need to note that it has four eggs in it! He has always LOVED his breakfast the most! I have enjoyed him around here more this week.
When these two are both home and Eva is not here they are doing something together. Always.
Its never a dull moment... At one point this week when the nurf guns were blazing in the house and the noise level was so ramped up I kind of lost it...:} They just seem so much bigger now when they race through the house chasing after each other! Javon joins in to and he ends up crying more often then not during these rowdy games. They all seem to love action and Javon always goes back for more!
Justin still just loves action. We all know it when he is home. Jordan thinks he is a blast to be around even if he gets super irritated at him sometimes...:}
Dave had an appointment with his foot Doctor yesterday.
He is now able to put weight on his ankle, and sleep without his clumsy boot!
This is great news!
We packed up his scooter and sent it back to the rental company as soon as we got home from his appointment yesterday!
The crutches are still here but they won't be needed to much anymore.
Dave has been going back to work early in the mornings again this week. (he had been sleeping longer and working from home until the kids were off to school)
Two more weeks until he goes back to see Doc. Until then its in the boot at all times except to sleep at night but even then when he needs to get out of bed for anything he needs to slip into his boot.
Physical therapy starts next week on this ankle.
The goal is still to be running in eight weeks. It has been a little over four now.
Jenika is getting braces on her teeth next week. We knew this was coming since she was four years old so we are thinking we might as well get it over with. It will be a two year process for sure and the appointments have been started. We are thankful the Orthodontist is only five minutes from here!
INDOOR PROJECTS...
Javon had his room painted "Dude Perfect" style! His wonderful grandfather painter was here last Saturday to paint it just the way Javon wanted it!
Javon is now settled into his very own room. This room used to be his nursery so it always did feel like it belonged to him...:)
Jordan has his turn coming up tomorrow for fresh paint. He is redoing his room. I took his samples out this morning and the paint is here ready to be applied by dad tomorrow. I totally LOVE having a painter father!! I just keep his coffee cup full and he paints away all day...:) Thanks Dad!!
The kids rooms... They all painted and did them the way they wanted. Its not always what I'd pick but the time they will be here with us seems shorter and shorter as they grow older and doing the room the way they want just seems to add a touch of there very own personality around here on the walls and I love it...:)
Jordan got a trip to Cabela's as part of his Christmas gift this year... He took Mark and Christian and they spent hours in this big hunting sports store!
Dave and I took them. We did a little shopping then we went to get a salad at a steakhouse down the road and we visited a chocolate store to...:) The temps were just so freezing cold and it felt like Antarctica I'm certain!! It felt great to get cozy after this cold day in and out of the car!
Jordan got a few things here to add to his hunting closet. I need to share a picture of his hunting closet! He has it all organized and he is already dreaming of next Archery season!..:)
I have spent hours on the phone by now concerning Jordan's infusion delivery! For some reason the insurance terminated his insurance back in October and we were not aware of it. All of the sudden his monthly shipment came to a halt and the supply got lower then it has ever been for us before. It gets scary when Jordan don't have antibodies to infuse because this is his only immune system.
I finally got Dave on the phone and he got them to appeal the termination because they were holding a few of our monthly payments. It went through and I got the call yesterday that the insurance is back up and running and his shipment will be here today yet! His infusion was due yesterday so we are day late but we are so THANKFUL once again for this shipment!
When the shipment just arrives every month its so easy to just take it for granted but as soon as something comes up that we don't get it I'm reminded again not to take it lightly.
Maybe someday we will feel brave enough to take Jordan off infusion to see what his body makes of it but the last time I tried to skip a week his glands under his chin swelled up pretty bad! It scared me to bad to try to go without it again!
Dave wanted to have guests for Aquire Sunday evening... I said okay if you help the Little's with homework... He rarely helps with homework so I think he really must have wanted to host!...:) They were at this pretty long Sunday afternoon while I was preparing soup and soft pretzels to serve for our supper guests..:) It was great to host Matt's and Jonathan's...
He is so good with these two...
He thought it would be good for them to "run" to and from the bus everyday so he made a cash deal with them that they seemed super excited about... That is until the temps dipped into the single digits..:) They have been running in and out more this week since its warmer. (For those of you that don't know our driveway is at least a half a mile long with a hill) If I asked them to do this it would be a flat NO!! He has his magic ways with them that have me standing back in amazement...:)
Javon presenting his Hawaii project at school in front of his classroom... He did great!!
This week the carpets got a good shampoo... The closets got decluttered and corners that I rarely get to got attention... Its winter and I'm thankful for this time of year to take breath and do more indoor projects...
We have a puppy trainer coming to work with Jazlyn and Jenika. It was just frustrating us that she never came when called. She went outside and Jenika couldn't catch her. She did her business on the carpet to often and she had no manners when guests came.
Jazlyn is already doing sit/stay/come and she has less freedom in the house so she can be better house broke. She is on a leash more. We have to go out with her for now until she knows where to do her business. She is a puppy so she is easily distracted. I can tell this will be so helpful for Jenika in the training of her puppy!
Jenika dos great with this puppy but I still help with the bath time and I do the haircuts frequently. It just helps me to know she is clean. This puppy in the house is a huge stretch for me! I don't do it because I like the pup! I don't like the idea of her paws on my carpet and furniture. Sometimes her breath drives me crazy...:p (gag face) The upkeep of the wormer/flea and tick pills and her daily needs just have me wondering why I ever agreed to this but then I watch Jenika with her and I bare it for her...:) She will go when Jenika does and I don't ever see myself becoming attached to a dog...:p (another gag face) All in all it is going better with Jazlyn around the house.
I thought this quote fits this post pretty good...
Tonight we have our Stoltzfus Structure Christmas banquet. With all we had going on this season it feels nice to do this later this year...
Dave is making Belize plans. February for a short time... His foot should be ready for this trip if he behaves from now to then...:) The cold weather had me almost grabbing a ticket to but I contained it and I'll save it for another year when it feels like a better time to go. A few days would only be a tease anyway...:) The Little's are thriving in school and they are enjoying it very much! We have been staying healthy.... This is a winter we are staying here in the COLD and we are feeling super BLESSED!!
Keep looking on towards SUMMER... we will be there before we know it!...:)

No comments:
Post a Comment