We are enjoying this week of beautiful Fall weather! It is a bit on the chilly side with some cold wind but we have had brilliant sunshine and true blue skies the past few days! And the sunsets!! They are perfectly painted by the creator of universe and we LOVE the sights!
This week Dave is in Colorado hunting. Elk and Muledeer is what they went hunting for.
They have had success!
Just check out the awesomeness of Colorado and also check out those big horns everywhere!!
Great Job Guys!! I can't wait to hear all the stories! I know they really worked hard chasing them down and then to get these whoopers hauled out of those mountains! That was no easy task I'm sure!
Its great Dave got to do this trip with two of his brothers! It had some business deal wrapped up in it somewhere although I'm not sure about those details. It had been a long time since he has done a week long hunting trip.
Before Dave traveled for Real Estate Interests as much as he does he did a lot more of these types of hunting trips. Its great to see him enjoy his life long hunting hobby with some of his favorite people...:)
If he comes home with more great pictures of his trip I'll do another post on it...
Here at home for the last eight days our routine has been totally "on the fly"!
It seems when he leaves so does my regular routine. Even more so this time because the older boys have been away a lot this week to. I sure am thankful for my Little's...:)
I'm normally a morning person all the way but when Dave is out for some reason I'm a night owl to! (I won't say what time lights have been going out for me) I'm not even tired during the day but I'm guessing it would eventually catch up with me though.
As a busy mother I find the time for me to unwind is after dishes are done for the last time. Its after the kids are tucked into bed. The lights are low and the music is still sometimes softly going. Its great to soak up the silence and just be mindful of the present as the day closes.
Right now the house is silent. Its late. I was working on ten gallons of meadow tea and a big roaster full of chili that will be taken to church on Sunday for our monthly fellowship lunch... My kitchen was busy a few minutes ago and its close to midnight!...:} To late I know.
My tea patch has been stripped to make ten gallons of tea! Hurry back Spring!!
This week was bottle buddy week here to. This is Javon's end result of Marco Polo...:)
I always end up helping them with these projects and I enjoy them as much as they do...:)
One night this past week Jenika wanted a girls party so she had her best cousin here for a sleepover and then all day Saturday. They loved Ginger riding the most! They spent hours in the pasture riding and jumping homemade jumps! I love that she has a girl cousin she can connect with! Leanna is so fun to love on!
The tower garden is growing wild and the greens are so yummy!! The mustard greens have a bit of kick to them and salads off this tower are a daily thing right now1 We atill have plenty to go around! So great because my fall garden greens barely made it out of the ground this year due to unusual weather patterns plus now it got so cold so fast!
This is my favorite house spot for the cold weather months!
The weather!! Can we talk about this for a minute!? It has been perfectly sunny this week with perfect blue skies! A bit chilly and a slight on the windy side but once getting outdoors and moving around a bit it becomes perfect! The air feels dry for once! Its been so enjoyable this week!!
We made a visit to the library this week... The thing I really miss about having little people turn into big people is bypassing all these fun little people books at the library! I still find myself paging through these and even picking a few to bring home although they often go back without even getting looked through...:)
I LOVE the library as much as the kids! We have visited here ever since they can remember...
This week we have a birthday girl in the house!! She is super excited to turn twelve! This is her birthday list!...
She is so cute about her lists...:)
This girl has a mini fridge on her list!! She gets really tired of her hungry brothers sneaking all her favorite snacks! I don't blame her. They eat far more then her and nothing good last real long with them...;) She really has it good but if you'd ask her she'd tell you she has to rough it living with so many boys in the house...:)
Today I got her birthday gifts. I know she will love them. I hope this weather stays for her birthday day!
She is saving her candy until her braces come off in two years...lol! She keeps life here totally hopping and we love her so much! Drama and all!
This week I have been educating myself on the subject of "Mindfulness". The real meaning behind this word is really a challenge for me. I know it is so important to get this down and practiced for many reasons. It seems I can so easily get distracted or off course and before I know it the time has gotten away so fast over and over again before I even seemed to blink.
Often the problems we face in our lives are products of our thinking. While our lives are always taking place right here in this current moment, our thinking is always drawn to rethinking what has already happened and looking ahead to what might happen. This worry creates fears and insecurities, and keeps us from being fully right where we are right now. It can keep us from really being present and we miss so much of life going on right around because of this mindset.
If we can quiet some of this constant reflection and projection, we can gain an incredible amount of freedom to experience what is actually happening right in front of us.
Meditation. Its a challenge. I have been working on jerking my mind back into the present over and over again and if I take notice its amazing how and where the mind will wonder when being intentional about being still. Breathing practice started for me years ago because if you don't get that breathing right when running you will have a real struggle...:) BUT I have recently been more intentional about learning the deep breathing techniques while being still. Stretching or outdoor activity like running or walking are a great time for me to practice this.
Try it. See where your mind goes. Its amazing. You will find out real soon if you gravitate towards the positive or negative side of life.Often the smallest "mindful" habits done consistently can make the biggest difference.
Create an attitude of gratitude. Always.
I want to appreciate life's simple pleasures more. This is the one thing we have in abundance around here but I can so easily miss them because I get frazzled and scrambling to keep up. I just need to look for them and be mindful and intentional about it.
Distractions are all around me. I let my mind get distracted and off track... I can tell "mindfulness" is an area I need to work on for a more fulfilled lifestyle... Maybe you find the same thing in this day and age of the constant distractions pulling at our time and attention. We get pulled in all sorts of different ways as we strive to get it right. We want good to be great and so we keep trying to get more accomplished to fulfill a void. Before we know it time has passed more quickly then we ever expected it would and we are still trying to figure out how to be present and less frazzled...:)
Late night rambles...:)
Yup its late.
This is it..... Dave will be back tomorrow. I miss big people conversation. :)
Justin has been busy with crazy work hours this week and today he and Eva had a wedding out in her hometown so they have been out most of this week. Jordan headed off with the youth group to Vertical in North Carolina last night and will be gone until sometime in the early hours of Monday morning so it has pretty much been the Little's and I doing stuff together. I'm so glad for them! We have great great conversation when I'm less distracted and YES I surely have less to do with three of the biggest guys out of the house! They eat the most! They are a BLAST to cook for but when I get a few days off I sure don't whine about it...:) Tonight we had Marilyn and her kiddos here and we ordered in pizza! A treat for a school night and the clean up was a real breeze...:)
Israel is back on the calendar for March. We will give it another try...:)
A few quotes I like to finish up this late night (or early morning) post...:)
Good Morning...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment