Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Packing... ~Israel~

How do I pack for a place like Israel??

The time is coming up and I have begun the packing process.


The airport entertainment is arriving from Amazon and I want to visit the library yet to. This book showed up today and I think its Dave's but it looks like one I could read to because we will be hearing much on the "Six Day War" because one of our guides was like an Israel Navy Seal (in our terms) in that war!


Our flight is between ten and eleven hours long! I have never been in the air this long in my life! Flying is not even really my thing. What does one do with themselves in an airplane seat that long!?? We were told it would be best to take a small snooze right away then stay awake the rest of the trip because it will be late afternoon when we arrive in Israel and we will want to be tired and sleep because touring will start the next day!

We were told to walk a lot here at home because we will be on our feet all day everyday. I'm not sure why but this makes me a bit nervous. I don't mind walking or even running but on my feet all day everyday is not something I'm really used to...:) I'm guessing we will be so busy taking it all in that we won't even think about it and if Jesus walked it then I want to walk it to!

Holy Lands here we come and we are so excited.

The details to get the Little's and the property cared for while we are gone are still being worked out. Javon will be an added boy to my sister Marilyn's family and he couldn't be more excited! Thankfully his bus will be able to pick him up at her driveway in the mornings for school!

Jenika will be with Jonathan's most of the time and maybe spending the weekend with Kath.

Jazlyn is going to Sue. I thank God for a great dog sitter that just lives a few minutes from us! I never realized what goes into a dog! Especially when traveling. Thanks Sue for making this easy!

It was a little coffee break between packing and now my cup is empty and I'm getting back to it.

I want a HUGE bag!! Dave wants a SMALL one and do laundry along the way. I pack the house, he packs a tiny drawer! Oh Boy! I told him now already "Thanks for not getting on my case about my big bag"...:) I really don't know how to pack but I'll try to stick to the list that was sent to us and see what else I have space for...:)

Enjoy this warm sunny weather this week! Its been GREAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment