Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Jenika's Camp Mishap...

This is Kid's Camp week!

We almost always have multiple kids at camp this week but this year we only dropped off Jenika for her four full days and nights of camp.

She loves camp every year!!

The first night of field games her and another larger boy ran into each other full speed.

Her eye took a direct hit to his head and her upper leg caught it to. She limps a bit.

I was home working in the garden and Dave gave me a message from camp. I called right away and they told me she is being real brave but they suspect a concussion. We thought it best to bring her home to keep watch on her... Dave went for her late while I packed the boys lunches for the next day... During my lunch packing I got a few pictures of her because they didn't want me to freak out...:)

Well I instantly freaked out anyway and even put an ice pack on my neck because I felt whoozy! The lunch packing was jumbled from there as I prayed that I would know best how to care for this injury!





She came home and cried in my arms but I think it was more because of having to miss out at camp more then the injury itself.

She was tired and I watched her sleep...  Checked on her often... But she slept all night in her own bed...

 
Her breakfast was here at home and we loved on her!
 
 
We went to the chiropractor but after that she wanted to go back to camp!
 
Today I asked about her and they sent me this picture...
 
 
She looks happy there even if she can only see out of one eye!
 
It looks like it might get more purple but at least that swelling went down... That was scary!
 
We hope she heals fast!
 
I won't even comment on what she eats at camp! She came home with a blue mouth and today the picture shows me a real red one! ~gulp~
 
 
We have a vacation coming up with the Zook's after camp and I'm all of the sudden glad we are not doing family pictures up there like we had planned to!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The days are HOT!!
 
It's full blown SUMMER!!
 
Javon is here this week and he is working his new plate machine business everyday!
 
Yesterday he had Ty for a sleepover and he helped him for a few hours.
 
 
His brothers are giving him extra attention this week and everyone wants to take him for ice cream and hangout with him...:)
 
He's so busy with his new business and its not like I often post money pictures but I can't help but share his delighted look after he got paid for his delivery of this steel plate order! He has been working hard on this order all week!!  He sweats but he does not complain. He sticks to it.
 
He is paying his uncle Jonathan for a puppy and he almost has it paid off now! He will be bringing her home next week after vacation and I'll share his puppy on here with you all.
 
He is loving his summer income and he will love his new puppy!
 
 
Have a GREAT July Fourth Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment