The days are perfect! The weather has warmed to the perfect temps and being outdoors is part of our daily routine! The grass is growing so fast and it is so perfectly green to! The flowers I planted are finally looking like they will have some life after all.
My Miss Jenika is home today when she should be at school... She loves school and is begging me to take her even though I know it is best that I not send her...! This was our spot for a long time this morning! Wrapped in blankets reading uncle Arther's bedtime story books...:) "Our Plans" have changed for today and it's okay.. We are still feeling Blessed.
She must have caught that stomach bug going around. Last evening after supper she complained that her belly hurts. She threw up a few times before she went to bed and our night was really long! She was dry heaving mostly but I lost count of the number of times that she actually threw up. (or tried)
I normally get an all nights sleep every night so being interrupted over and over again last night had me feeling like I did back in the newborn baby days! So tired when it was time to get up this morning and my eyes just so badly wanted more rest! Jen came to crawl in bed with us a few times during the night but she was way to restless for us to get much sleep so to keep her from disturbing Dave I kept moving her to her bed, there I would lay with her for an hour or so at a time before trying to move to my bed again for better rest.
She is feeling a bit better this morning now and ate toast a bit ago but she is still dragging so it looks like a full day of no school for her while she gets some rest and I want to send her out into the sunshine soon for some vitamin D...:)
I have watermelon plants to plant today. Dave picked me up some tires to fill with dirt and I want to plant them in those this year. Dave's mom has a few tricks and I'm learning from her as I come along with my gardening skills. I have so much to learn and my garden is way more just for fun and eating fresh veggies then for the looks of it...;)
I call my garden the "Anything Goes Garden" I planted peas and got the wire up yesterday but a few different kinds were planted in the same row and I planted a few weeks apart to so they are not all ready at one time...:) This makes one side bigger then the other...:) It's more about being outside on a lovely day to garden then it is about the actual productivity it brings...:) I did see a few flowers in the strawberry patch this week! We can't wait for fresh strawberries!...
Justin is in Philly today with his class. They are picking up trash in the city somewhere. I had to pack some sack lunches which had me scrambling since they like to throw all the trash away when done eating so they not need to drag anything along with them. I made an early morning trip to Dutch Way (with hoping that Jen would stay asleep) for a few subs and a wrap, I had a few extra lunches to pack today. The school mom's are packing lunches for Derek and Brianne while Trevor is fighting his chemo battle. I'm blessed to be on the helping side of this! We are praying for Trevor everyday.. Please join us! Here is his caring bridge site again... www.caringbridge.org (Trevor King... password is Trevor)
This week another ten year old needs prayers to!! Jordan played little league with this guy. Not on the same team but he knows of him well. Dave is also great buddies with his dad! I can't get my mind off of this family this week! How fast things can change! And why so many childhood cancers and tumors?? It is heartbreaking to see the children have to deal with the pain and agony that goes along with fighting this type of thing!...
Here is Damien's caring bridge site...www.caringbridge.org (Damien Smucker) We are praying for your family John and Suz!
These ten year old boys are close to Jordan's heart, and with having some health challenges of his own he can only imagine what these boys must be going through. He feels so blessed that he feels so well and that his health has gotten so much better in the past half year! We pray for these boys and hope you will join us to!
Track and Field is coming up at school this week and plans are being made for more of those end of the year activities...
We plan to have the Zook family reunion here in June. All uncles/cousins which will make a huge number of people! This will take place while Dave and Rose are here. We are so looking forward to seeing them in a few weeks when they come up for six week furlough.
We have almost every week end taken up with something during May/June/July already!! No wonder the summers go by so fast!! So much to do in the few short months of the school break to do them! We are so looking forward to these busy summer months though and we feel so blessed even if we feel stressed out at times...:) I tell Dave it's a BLESSED STRESSED...:) We never know when circumstances around us can change the plans we have made, lets pray for the hurting people around us, win lost souls for Christ and never take a moment for granted!
Have a Blessed Sunshiny Warm Day!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment