Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend...

Our fun weekend with friends is already over! We anticipate this annual Memorial Day Weekend for so long and it always just flies by! We have made many more great memories together!

The children enjoy each other so much and since we don't see each other as often as we used to it was sure a real treat! Javon had a real blast with his friends again! He misses them in church so much! We are sometimes sad that we have taken different church paths but it makes time together even more special now...:)

This year we had a different location!! We have kind of outgrown our cabin and this bigger place was perfect for this crowd! Thanks Lori for taking over the details this year! It was a bit more relaxing for us this year, being the last ones to arrive on Friday evening was the first for us!! (We had Justin's graduation, school picnic and we are also on the food committee, this made for a late start for us)
We arrived in time for a great campfire! The Little's were so tired they went to bed almost immediately upon our arrival!...:)

 
Saturday the weather was perfect! We sat in the sun while the kiddo's ran from the swing set area to the small stream down below this cabin.
 
This cabin has about ten or more bedrooms and the best thing about it is they ALL have there own bathroom with tubs and showers!! No waiting in line to bath our kiddos this year! No waiting for the hot water heater to catch up either! The kitchen was huge with two big fridges and the tables were so big and spread out leaving plenty of room for our crowd at meal time!
 
We have done this so many years now that we have a pretty cool system. Two of us do a days meals. It works great with everybody knowing by now which meal they will supply. We all bring snacks and drinks which makes for plenty of goodies to graze on all day long...:) Yes we are so BLESSED!!
 
Dave and I did get out for beautiful runs two out of our three mornings there. The trails were fun to run although it was a bit hilly and we stopped to walk on some of the ups. It just feels better to get runs when consuming more food then we are used to eating on a daily basis.
 
The bugs were bad so we had to keep our kids slathered with peppermint oil! We picked off a few ticks but the oil was great to keep mosquito's and gnats away! It was easy to tell who had peppermint oil and who didn't!..:)
 
The guys played many games of Aquire and us ladies enjoyed catching up on all of our busy lives with children...:) I feel like the most independent mother of the bunch with my kiddo's being a bit older. I'm not in the baby stages anymore and also fast outgrowing the toddler stage to! I like to think of Javon as my toddler still but I must admit he is no longer that anymore! My vacations have changed over the years!! The kids now pack there own suitcases and I hardly see them all day long as they run off with friends, and when I do see them they rarely need anything from me! I give them a good bath at the end of these dirty days of exploring nature then when they are to tired to play anymore and it is late into the night they come tell me to tuck them into bed. It really is different and I can say I love this stage of my life!
 
We get some really great discussions going on after each meal! It's so much fun to sit around the dining room tables long after the kids have run off to play just discussing life from every angle!
 
Dave organized a race for the little boys one evening... They loved it and I'm not even sure if they cared who won, they just had fun running down the hill...
 
On your mark get set GO!!!

The race is on!!
 
Us ladies took a hike down to the little stream yesterday to see where the kiddos were hanging out. It was a steep hill but worth the slide down and the hard climb back up...:) The kiddos were up and down this steep hill all weekend! No wonder they were so whooped at the end of the days!...:)
 





 
 
 
Some random snap shots I got...
 
Ty...:)

My Love...:)
Our group photo for this year... It looks a bit different since we took different church paths but we have not let this make a difference in our friendships, we still love each other just the same...:) Thanks Ladies for your great friendship! I treasure each one of you so much!
 
 
 
Justin was not with us. It felt like a piece of my heart was missing. Not sure I will ever get used to going places without him! He was with my parents and he enjoyed his weekend very much. Mom enjoyed him to. He was a helper to her yesterday with painting her porch and cleaning out her garage. She was so impressed when he washed her dishes and made his bed that he slept in!

"For One Life" has a ball tornament on this weekend every year and Justin enjoys this time at the ballgames. Allen plays in the tornament so much of my family is there watching his games already. Sam and Marilyn had a campout one night to so he spent one night with them when Dads spent the night there. He was kept busy the whole weekend and he would have gotten so bored at the cabin with nobody being his age. Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Pappa's were dog sitting! Sasha was at Papas all weekend. She was happy to see us and she is again running around outside with the Little's.

Today was catch up day!! Laundry was piled high. Suitcases were unpacked. The pool got set up and the yard got mowed. The garden got a going over to since the weeds grow much faster then anything else in the garden!

The start of the day brought a five mile run for me!! I'm already loving this "No School" schedule!! It seems like half of my responsibility got put aside with not having to have breakfast ready so early and not having to pack lunches! Especially with Jordan's food allergies!! I was so ready to stop packing those lunches!!

This morning I enjoyed a quiet house for about an hour before heading out for my run. The kids were just waking up when I got home and I got a good taste of what my summer mornings will be like!! I'm loving it!~ Also the bedtime routine is not so demanding and we can relax a bit more. Dave still needs to get up early and we sometimes have a clashing schedule on summer nights but we will get used to it.


Jordan's was so brave at the mountains! Many of his old time favorite foods were served and he could not touch them! Many snacks were off limits to him yet there teasing him! He knows he would not feel well if he ate them so he does realize he can't even taste!

He had no problems the first few days but he was still a bit out of routine and by yesterday he had so many bad nosebleeds he thought he was going to lose some of his brain!! He had a bit to much sugar I think. He was eating fruit as his snack and drinking lemonade with Stevia. It is okay for him to have some but he just had to much. His body cannot graze all day long. He has a pill to swallow as soon as he eats ANYTHING!! If it is fruit it's okay not to take his pill but with anything else he needs the pill to help break down his food for digestion.

We are hoping to get creative one of these days and spend an all day in the kitchen making him meals to freeze. He is still enjoying the ones in the freezer but I told him to pick some good recipes out and we will do it again. He loves to make and pick out different recipes to try. The "No School" routine will be a challenge with having food around all the time but I expect it to go much better then last summer when he was still eating some junk foods. He feels great again today and we are feeling BLESSED!...

This was us today... In a way it feels like our first day of SUMMER!!
picnic on the trampoline...:)

Jordan and his beloved four wheeler!...:) Summer is here and he is riding all over the property!

Justin enjoyed this first summer day off!


My computer needs a service so I will not be posting from this thing for awhile. It is so slow!!

We are so HAPPY to be getting used to a "New Normal" again! These no school days always take adjustments but we have a busy summer ahead and we are looking forward to it very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment