Wow is it really "Spring"!? Who could tell?
It is so beautiful!! But Still!!! Seriously!! Come On!!
The snow is still here and the cold is back. Not as intense as before but still hanging on the chilly side for my idea of "Spring"! Every year is different and this year "Spring" seems to be taking a bit longer to get here. We are so ready for it as Javon had another cold this week and even skipped a day of school.
The Little's love the outdoors!! They spend hours no matter the sloshy wet mess that surrounds them! The fish in the fish pond are so stressed the way as it is and the poor things just keep getting caught and released by my same two little people! Jordan asked the Little's "How would you like to have been frozen and unable to move all winter long and then all of the sudden when the water thaws enough for you to move around you'd have these same two little people just harassing you everyday!?" Oh well I'm just glad they like it outside. We do have the pond guy scheduled to come get the fish pond/waterfall running again! I love to hear it from the open windows so we are excited for "Spring" warmth to arrive!! The Little's know their days for playing at the pond are numbered...:)
We have guests from Texas. They arrived Thursday night and they stay until Sunday evening. They have a barn business in Texas. Dave and I did a visit to their place a few years back. They have a wedding today so they made a long week-end out of this trip. The six week old baby they have along is so so adorable with tons and tons of black hair! I have been enjoying the cuddle time with him! Mom is from Costa Rica so it takes concentration to do long conversations with her but it has been fine. They are enjoying the basement. I have made breakfast for her the last few mornings now. She has a four year old, two year old and eight week old baby. Being here with just the baby and me helping her with him plus making her meals she feels like she is on vacation! I can tell she is getting a breath of fresh air!...:) Dad is busy with meeting people and doing business stuff so she just pretty much stays here with her baby while he is off doing other stuff. We all enjoyed a yummy meal at Jonathans last evening!! Green Egg steaks were a hit! Thanks Guys!!
I took Jordan and Mark to do a run this morning...;) A color run! It was encouraged through school and Jordan jumped all over it...:) I think like seven or eight students from Linville ran this race. The color was a bit overrated, I think the boys enjoyed it though! I didn't run the color but I enjoyed a run with Dave this morning then I did pictures from the sidelines at the boys run...:) It was two miles with the option to stop after the first lap. The boys stopped after the first lap. Not sure why? They wished they had ran the track again but they didn't jump back in then. They love to run together and I love to see them running!!
After the run we did some shopping. They cleaned up the best they could but the color will be there for today at least...:) I enjoyed the morning out with them.
Jordan LOVES school and the friends he has made at Linville!! We are so torn as to what to do next year!! He so likes his new friends, the sports and the extra Linville activities. He has many friends! He seems so confident and comfortable. I was worried when we moved him over to Linville that this might not be the case anymore. He loved his old school and the friends there. We liked the walking to and from school and the closeness of it is almost unbeatable!! We do hope to bunch the three youngest all together in one school next year but oh where will it be!?? Jenika loves her school and friends to. Jordan is doing great in his school work at Linville. Math was a hard one for him since moving over but just this week they started some new math facts and he was proud to raise his hand when the question was asked, does anybody knows how to do these new math facts? It is something that he learned at Fairhaven. He is excited that the math facts are going a bit easier for him these days!..:)
The sun is shining and Dave has the kids all outside doing some "Spring" outdoor clean-up. It feels so nice to be on this side of this cold frozen winter and I just know that one day really soon it will warm up enough to get in some garden seeds! Thank God for a new season!!!! "SPRING"
WELCOME IT WITH US!!!
Have a BLESSED "SPRING" Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment