A few rainy days... Ahhh it's so refreshing to the earth here!
I quickly got out during the drizzle yesterday morning to put in some new garden seeds! We love the greens and the fall crop is fun to harvest until the frost hits it.
We have a big birthday in the house today!!! The man of the house turns over to the BIG 4-0 today!
He says he feels younger then ever though! We are so blessed to have him as the leader of our home! He is so good to us! He makes family priority and I dare not take this for granted in the world we live in today! He is passionate about life and all that he can accomplish while he lives it! He is adventurous to say the least!~~ We have had more dates in the sky this summer then any summer before this so I guess he is growing on me!...:} We all enjoy flying with him when the weather is perfect so we take turns... :)
The big boys ask lots of hard life questions that he answers with confidence. I dare not take it for granted that my children have a father that loves them and cares about them. I love the fact that most of all he LOVES their mother so much that he shows it in little ways every single day. I love that he has a heart for God and seeks to fulfill the purpose that God has for him. I saved this quote about a father and his children and as my children get older I see this being the heart of their father...
We truly are BLESSED and THANKFUL to have this man in our lives!!
Happy Birthday Hon!! We LOVE You!!!
To celebrate the occasion... we host...:) We hosted our great group of friends here on Sunday evening. It was great to be together again! We missed you Jr. and Lynn! Dave made chicken legs on the grill and I had some sides also each family brought something yummy to share as well!
He got some classy looking wine gifts and a fun snack cup from Mike's. Jordan got his gift out early because it went so well with his wine that he got. It was cheese and pretzels. Not just any cheese though mind you! It came from Riehl's cheese shop in Reading Terminal Market and it is Dave's all time favorite!! Merlot Goat Cheese!! He was thrilled with this gift from the big boys and last night he even skipped supper and just had cheese and pretzels!!..:) Twice!!
Thanks for making his big 4-0 special guys!
Javon loves these friends of his and they all enjoyed the golf cart until dark!!...
Dave and I on a date night for his birthday.... We took Nelson's bike! I had it lined up as a surprise! Dave loves to drive one of these and I knew it! We went to Exton to do supper and some shopping off of the summer sale racks! We love date nights!! Happy Fortieth Hon!!
We are hosting about fifty people here on Friday night and then the Zook family on Saturday night! I guess when turning forty we celebrate all week!...:) My dad also has a birthday this week! August is a big month for the Dienners with birthdays so we try to get together to celebrate the Dienner birthdays to!
The school shopping is done! I took advantage of the rainy day yesterday and did the school clothes shopping. The Little's were happy with my choice of clothes for them but Jordan was another story. The shirts I got were to big and the jeans were to small! We now have to return and exchange stuff and I have decided when shopping for the big boys anymore they must be present. I like shopping alone so I can get er done but they will need to come along from now I guess!
Brother of mine smashed another finger last week!! He has a new disfigured or missing finger tip beside the finger that became a stub last summer! I tease him and tell him he won't have any fingers left after awhile! His finger got in the way of a sledge hammer bearing down on a beam! Ouch!!
Surgery was done to try to graft and save as much as possible. He is now off of work for a bit and he will not be playing ball to finish out the season either!
Mom sent me this from the hospital...
We love campfires and we have them often here!! We hope to have lots more and I love these ideas I saved!! I think you could get creative! We do way more campfires then we do a snack over them but for a special occasion these might be fun to play around with!...
School schedule will be here soon and I'm trying to warn the kids. We read more books in the evenings to get heads back into the game. We still get to bed to late and sleep to long in the mornings. I guess we will just get whammed on the first school morning because we treasure our long evenings to the fullest!
We are cleaning the basement today since we have overnight guests coming for a few nights..(investor friends) And Jordan woke up with a creative mind wanting to be in the kitchen making his dad his favorite treats...:)
Have a BLESSED rainy day...



No comments:
Post a Comment