They are off to school on this hot hazy summer day... I will miss them.
They were excited about the first day of school. Today is only a half day for the Little's. Jordan goes to a School Retreat for a few days. Leaving from school today, so he starts off with a bang! I couldn't get him to pack his stuff up last evening! He wanted nothing to do with school and packing last night yet! We finally helped each other pack his bags last night while we were already trying to get to bed earlier for the sake of the little ones. He was nervous about diet at Black Rock but back when I filled out health forms they had Gluten Free/Food Allergy options so we are praying this will go well and that he feels good at the retreat the next few days.
Our First Grader... Oh how can this be our baby already!?
Javon had a great carefree summer! Flying with daddy was his most favorite thing to do! He also became a good runner and running is one of his "fun things"!...:) He is quiet and not a people person. He would be the perfect home scholar if this momma was patient enough for that..:) He loves to play on my phone or any other kind of gadget when he gets a chance! He would be thrilled to do this all day long! He will do great in first grade and we are excited to see him learn all the important first grade stuff! We love you Javon!!
Our Third Grader...
This girl grew and matured so much over the summer! She did well with her chores and she shows more responsibility around the house. Coming from her this was huge! She is a party girl and plays herself to exhaustion on most days! She loves the outdoors so much that school hours will be a huge adjustment for her! She was excited to start school at Linville and get on the bus with her brothers this morning! We are excited to see her sprout in her third grade year! We love you Jenika!!
Our Seventh Grader Middle Scholar...
Jordan had a great summer! He loved the fresh air every morning! He loves his four wheeler and watching the wild game around here is his highlight! He also loves to fly with his dad and he did a fun candy drop with him a few weeks back. School schedule can be stressful for such a kid that loves to spend time in nature! He took care of all the hunting license and tags for us back in July so we are all ready to hunt deer this fall! He set up trail cameras and checked them every morning for awhile! He was not into talking about or thinking about school but now that it's here he will adjust and thrive! We are excited to see Jordan enjoy Middle School and all the busy activities that come with it! We Love You Jordan!!
Justin said last night... I will never even know you guys even go to school! I'll still leave before you in the mornings and be home later then you in the evenings! Justin will miss the social life that came with high school but he does best when he is working, making money and doing something that he loves! He has matured over the summer as well! He is showing more and more responsibility. Sometimes Dave and I look at each other and go..."Where did that come from?" (Like when he had a ride scheduled to show up to take him to ball practice last night but he said he is not going along after all. He wants to stay home. He can save money if he does anyway.) He loves to be away with friends but after awhile he needs to catch up his sleep and just take a fresh breath. His work schedule is demanding and he is doing better and better with stepping up to the plate. We want to look into continuing his education online in something that he will put to good use later in life.
Me... Now I can think food preserving, Belize, running more, and other things since summer vacation is over! I always thought when I would get to this stage with all the children in school things will slow down and I'll have more time for hobbies, helping others and just more time for me! Well starting out last year with a few days like that when Javon was in kindergarten I found I was still busy and always had demands. I find life is as busy as we make it and we all have twenty four hours in a day. It's what we choose to prioritize that makes all the difference. Plus the years when the children are small it's all about them and we need to realize it's not real important to do much else. They are our mission! Our husbands are our mission to! The children grow and are gone so fast! If you have babies and preschoolers in your home this morning take time to just enjoy them. Before you can blink your baby might be in first grade!
Dave and I leave for Belize for a few days soon to figure out our winter time plans. He is doing the field trip with a group of people while we are there and I plan to snoop around the island schools and try to get a plan together for our school students for the winter. Linville is working with us on this and we are so thankful! We hope to find a tutor on the island that will come to the house to do school work with the children. We might be best to send them to school there depending on the comparison of the curriculum.? Steps we take as we journey on in life can be scary sometimes. Being married to an adventurous man has gotten me out of my comfort box so often but it has been great for me!! I have become more adventurous now to! Plus who can argue with a warm winter!?? Not ME!! I love Belize! We feel blessed to be a part of the opportunity there. People ask... Are we moving there!?? No, not for now we say!...:) We love it here in Lancaster County to!!
We are BLESSED!
On your "life journey" keep God by your side... Today we are feeling blessed to be going back to a great Christian school! Even if it's hot out and it still feels like SUMMER!! Time moves on and we are needing to say good bye to summer vacation once again! #weareneverready!





No comments:
Post a Comment