We are finding our new normal with our school routine in full swing. I miss the care free days of summer already but I can tell this is just healthier for us in more ways then one.
This morning Javon came down after the alarm clock woke him up. He laid down on the couch and silent tears just fell down his cheeks! My heart broke for him but I couldn't let him know I was feeling sorry for him or he for sure won't want to get on the bus! He said "I'm so tired and school days are so long!" Like..."What am I going to do to survive this!?" I find he is just not a morning person. If I take time with him for awhile he snaps out of it and he goes to school fine. I laid down beside him on the couch this morning and tried to encourage him as his tears fell. I get them up ten minutes earlier then last year and we get on the bus almost ten minutes later so we have that extra time to baby him a bit...:)
Jenika is a fuss box in the mornings and it's cute to watch the different personalities come out in the early mornings here! Javon tells her to be quiet so often at the bar as they eat breakfast~! She likes her breakfast upon feet hitting the floor. He likes his an hour later so this rush into it stuff is not for him while Jenika is thrilled her breakfast is ready as soon as she comes down! We have no problem getting to the bus stop ahead of schedule so far. I am loving the ONE school thing!! I take them to the bus in my running gear then I hit the road for my run as soon as they are on the bus! No more children in the house until afternoons has me feeling a bit frazzled! What to do while the house is so quiet and still!?
I used to do my errands on Javon's kindegaten days last school term and these days often found me out on the roads doing something but now that it's everyday of school I find I can't be out of the house everyday and being here all day long alone just feels so strange and unfamiliar to me. I told Dave I always did look forward to growing old with him but it feels like we are rushing things a bit this week! How did this happen so fast!? We are by no means old but once the children are all in school it just feels like you left the baby stage totally behind and some days I'm not sure how I feel about this!? I want to cherish every single day that we are together as a family! Time really does have a way of slipping past fast!
Today I'm stocking the freezer. The lunches are back to being packed and it so handy to have individually wrapped goodies. We do mostly GF cookies and goodies but at times Jordan's GF ingredients are just so costly so I use organic whole wheat for some batches of stuff and GF for others. Today I made two batches of snicker doodle cookies and a batch of whoopie pies for the freezer. Dave and I are out next weekend and Danny's move in so I hope the goodies last until we get back!..:)
Jordan had so much fun settling in with his school friends at Black Rock Retreat for a few days! The days were full of activity and he is still bubbling over with stories! He said the food was okay but he had to work around it a bit more then we thought he would have to. He said they had fruit or salads at every meal so he ate that with the meat he could have. He came home starved today because he said it was pizza on the menu for lunch today. He said his class now knows he is GF...:) He really did enjoy his few days but it feels nice to have him home again! As of this moment he is doing infusion... It was due yesterday so as soon as he got home today we hooked him up...
Dave is out for a few days. Dallas. A syndication event. He has not been out much since the beginning of summer and we were blessed to enjoy almost every summer weekend with him. He will be out more in the coming months again. Justin is going to the cabin with the youth this weekend so that leaves me with the three youngest. I get to be here to enjoy them alone for a few days. We are thankful that it's the weekend and I don't have to get the children up so early mornings. We have settled into starting the bedtime routine two hours earlier then the summer months but it's still hard for the school children to get up before the sun! The first night we went to bed so early I was kind of grumbling about saying good bye to summer vacation and Dave brightly says "I love the school schedule! Don't you care about me? I still have to get up at the same time every morning so why don't we o to bed this early all summer!?" I told him to shush it because we love summer and we want to enjoy every minute! Who wants to go to bed two hours to early if you can just make up those two hours in the mornings!...:) It takes a bit before we are used to the new normal but we do get used to it and we even learn to like it...
The rains came!! We were so dry here the landscape was drying up and the grass was turning brown! I enjoyed the break from the yard work but I love to see life coming back to the ground again! One big long steady rain has the grass turning from brown to green so fast! I think it will be back to mowing soon! The leaves are here to! Our driveway now has a lots of leaves on it! We don't live in the woods so we don't get leaves around the house, (which I'm thankful for) so the driveway is what tells us when the leaves start to fall.
Have a BLESSED evening... We are glad it's the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment