Saturday, August 29, 2015
Belize in August...
We are in Belize. I love it here. Right now I'm in a cute little coffee/chocolate shop in town. The air conditioner in here feels amazing and my body will maybe go in shock when I walk out the door!...:) The temps are on the warm side for sure but the sea breeze here makes it bearable. Breakfast was amazing along side the sea. "Estel's By The Sea" is a great local place to get great food! Food has yet to disappoint us here. I look forward to coming to Belize every time and the food here is part of the reason for that!
We arrived here yesterday forenoon and took time only to change clothes in the guys rooms at Sun Breeze Hotel Before hopping on a boat with Tony to do a lobster dive/snorkel and shark ray alley combination. We only did the short version of this boat outing since we had to be back to meet the group for dinner and an introduction presentation at the Blue Water Grill. We had a group of ten people on Tony's boat and it was surely a highlight for the group that came along down from Lancaster!
Breakfast was by myself this morning as the group went out on the water all day! They will learn lots on Belize Real Estate and tour different resorts. I will enjoy a low key day here close to town and meet up with them for supper later. Dave loves doing these field trip/educational trips with his hometown people and its fun to watch him doing what he loves with people he loves!..:)
I have been enjoying Jill. Her and her family moved here from Maryland only last week. I went to see there place and deliver some hangers we brought along for them. They have three boys in the same age range as our children with the youngest being six like Javon. I met them all this morning. They started school here on the island and they are lining up a tutor to use for one of there boys. They are lining her up for us as well, to use for our school children this winter when we come. I can't wait to bring the family here again. As I watched her children during my visit this morning I just couldn't imagine my kids adjusting to well to a change like that. We have wide open county air and space that we take for granted to often! Here they have water sports and lovely weather but my Little's would miss the wide open space we enjoy up home!
Dave and I are staying up at Mahogany Bay in one of the garden cottages. It's perfect for us on a short trip like this. We spend a lot of time in town so I like to be down here during the day. They left me a golf cart here today so I can go back and forth if I want to. The roads are a bit slow going with speed bumps that pop up so it takes "me" about twenty minutes to get up to the village. I think I'll just explore here in town today and maybe lay by the pool for awhile...:)
Rachel Ann is handling things at home. I'm so grateful for her at times like these! My Little's have always had her as a second mom so when the group here asks me how I can get away from the children for a few days I tell them "I'm spoiled/blessed with a wonderful nanny that moved into my home"!! Thanks Rachel Ann!!
The Mahogany Bay Village is on the way to it's soft opening stage! Many new buildings have been added since I was here last October. The buzz right now is that the big "Great House" is ready for rafters! It will be a lovely attracting village when it's all said and done! For now we enjoy staying there but it's still a bit dirty and under much construction! We are the ones that get to tell them that they need more outlets and some clothes hooks in the units before opening..;) It's really great though! The whole design is so unique! If you want to visit Belize in the future come to MBV! Belize here on the island is a water sports destination though and not a beach destination. I can't wait until development takes place on the west coast because the potential for lovely beaches will be on that end. For now we put up with the sea grass and the limited beach access. But I still love it here!! I think some people from up home might be disappointed with the beaches here since we are all about "the beach" where I come from...:) I remember my first visit here had me surprised that the beaches weren't nicer. But the water!! Seriously!! It's clear as glass and so turquoise blue!! The boat was wonderful yesterday!
I'll take some picture of MBV later today and share them with you. The progress is moving along wonderfully! The "Rum & Bean" coffee shop is becoming more and more popular among the locals here. The coffee shop creates some traffic to the village for now.
I'm off to explore the town of San Pedro, I might just have to find water to dunk now and then, coming from me that's saying a lot because I am not really in the water much. Ever. I'm content to only wet my feet most times but here today I'll probably be dunking...:)
Have a Blessed day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for posting. Good to know you are enjoying your trip and having nice weather.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday
ReplyDelete