Yup my husband is on this cruise ship! For eight days. He is having the time of his life as he always does on these "Summit at Sea" weeks!
Education goes on full time. He does classes most of the days then they do dinner parties in the evenings. His days end late and start early. The group he is with is a great group and they know they belong to the Real Estate Guys group by the Chili Peppers that hang around the neck. The one year Dave didn't do the Summit he still got his Chili Peppers out and hung them from the bathroom curtain so he could "remember what he was missing out on"...:)
The faculty is what draws him... These guys are where he gets so much of his education! They mentor him, he reads their books and listens to their podcast. Having them all in one place and doing panel discussions is not something he wants to miss! They all have individual classes throughout the week and he tries to get in as many as he can. He is a sponge in settings like this and he will come home bubbling over with the stuff he learned and the contacts he made! I have to breath deep to keep up...:)
G Edward Griffin, Athem Blanchard, Brian Lundin, Robert Kiyosaki, Simon Black, Peter Shiff, Patrick Donohoe... Then Robert and Russ (hosts of the Real Estate Guys) are seated in chairs.
Panel discussions...
Dave enjoys Robert Kiyosaki a lot. His teachings have changed his life...
Today the ship stopped and docked in the Bahamas but he was to busy to even get off the boat. He does some private meetings with faculty and he was host of a few tables and that is so his thing! Who cares about the Bahamas Beaches when you have education going on?? (is how he sees it!) I hear from him very little through out these Summit weeks but I was happy when he sent me these pictures!
Today here in Belize the day was sunny and so HOT!! It's actually evening now and it's raining so maybe this is our newest cold front...:)
He is so ready to come home...
He is the one begging to come home the most! He started to feel cooped up in the house and he is tired of Lego's and UNO wore off...:) He is even getting bored with the beach! He now says..."do we have to go to the beach again?" It's really the only place for me to take them to burn off energy so we go. They are soon having fun and loving it. There is so much to do there and so much place to run around! The Little's are kind of getting bored with each other though I think because they don't play near as nicely at the beach as they did before. I think its the mind telling them we leave in a few days to...:) We hope to bring "Spring" home with us!!
On site here... The General Store is getting a two story porch and guys are crawling all over this building right now! I got a picture when they were out to lunch today...
The other thing going on right now is electric! Lots and lots of lighting is going on!! The Great House is getting so much attention inside and out and I want to do updated pictures of it yet before we leave next week.
Justin was working on unloading a big container full of furniture today! The housekeeping crew put him to work and he enjoyed his day working beside locals! They had a fit when he told them how much money he can make in a days work at home and how much he pays for his Nike shoes!! Here they make way less and the shoes are double the price at least! They are content though and they seem so happy! This morning on my way to town I picked up a guy and gave him a ride. He was going to walk all the way. They love when you ask them if they want a ride and they are so happy to jump up beside you on the seat! I have learned its what they do here and I think its so neat.
School went on this evening. The kids did well with tests but evenings when there energy is spent its harder for them to stay focused. We had done journal, speed drills, spelling practice and some reading this morning so this evening with Ariel it was mostly just tests and they went fast. We will do school Monday morning yet then we say Good Bye to school here in Belize!! The Little's say they are ready for classrooms again. Jordan not so much! He loved school with Ariel!
Steve and Jill took most of the kids to see a movie at the theater tonight. It's Alvin and the Chipmunks! My Little's were already so tired when I sent them out the door with Steve's but they were excited to hangout with friends at the movies! Justin is here with me and I'm so glad for him these days!! Jordan is spending the night at Steve's with Dane and he hopes to do some night fishing off of there dock! They use a light of some kind?
It's raining and my tooth issue is giving me trouble (I'm not in pain, just pressure) so I'm happy to be on the couch with a blanket for the night. The dentist wants me to take antibiotics to fight infection but I'm torn. I'm not an antibiotic gal! I'm not a root canal gal either! I had an injury to a front tooth years ago and when the nerve went dead it started to turn brown. My dentist capped it. It lasted ten years. Now its time to do something else with it. Root canal is probably just another band-aid yet extracting a front tooth is not something taken lightly! I'm praying for wisdom.
Tomorrow will most likely be sunny again. It has been raining during the night lately but the days are so sunny and beautiful! We are so happy to say that Dave will be back here in San Pedro again tomorrow!! He plans to do a fun day out with the big boys yet next week (I think cave tubing and zip line) but then we wrap up our winter here in Belize!! How time flew here!!
My sisters were so kind to go over my housecleaning at home today! Oh how I love them! They Face timed me from the house today and we had a nice sisterly chat...:) They informed me that we have NO WATER at the house! Our well is weak and I think something was broken by the barn so the leak made the issue worse! I'm not sure what we will need to do to fix it but I don't even want to think about coming home to no water in our house... I guess stuff still wears and tears when no one is there to use it. Thanks Marilyn and Kath!! I'll treat you to a brunch next week for cleaning for me! I can't wait!...:)
Good night from a rainy Belize island tonight...





No comments:
Post a Comment