Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hot July Days!!

As I reflect back on our summer so far I feel so blessed to have so many great memories made and the weather has been grand!! Things are still lush and green here and I haven't skipped a week of mowing! The garden is still fun, the tiny bit of corn I planted (mostly to keep the watermelons from growing into everything else and on that side of the corn:}) is being picked and consumed! The kids rave over corn on the cob! The tomatoes have gone wild and are hanging by the tons! The watermelons are thriving, peppers, beets, potatoes and onions are still out there being picked often!

It really is starting to feel like its time to pick most everything and bring it in out of the heat! The greens are still there and we are using them but I'm thinking it will be a fresh feeling top get in the fall crop soon!

The heat wave here continues! We have had ninety degree days for a full week now but the few downpours we got some afternoons helped to keep things from drying up so far.

We have been so busy doing summer! We are LOVING the flexible schedule that gets changed up daily! We love the late night bed times! We love sleeping longer in the morning although most times I'm up with the sun. This morning was worth it with a breathtaking sunrise!!

We love the many summer parties that come with summertime!!...



On Sunday uncle Alvin's hosted the Dienner family for a Dienner family gathering! If you have ever been to my uncle Alvin's for a party you must know that is truly a great experience with THE best foods!! The setting is perfect there with the creek, pond, swing set, pavilion and more! Alvin gets the activities rolling all the while serving foods! We even had a live band with some real talent behind it!! It was a great way to spend a Sunday evening for sure!! Thanks uncle Alvin's! All because of my special grandparents! Its a true BLESSING to be part of this Dienner family! The great family heritage and legacy Daudy D's are leaving with us is one that is not taken for granted! We love you Mommy and Daudy D!!

Fun on Alvin's horse farm....



Evidence of the yummy shrimp and clams Alvin brought out and served!! So so good!!

Allen and Lynn are still so in love and so adorable!


We so enjoyed hosting Steve and Jill Saturday into Sunday to!! They came Saturday at noon and the kids enjoyed the pool and activities here while Dave and I gave Steve and Jill there first taste of Lancaster County! We took them to Kitchen Kettle where we walked the fun shops in the hundred degree heat wave! We stopped at Lapp Valley and Emma's Popcorn. They enjoyed the tour but the house here and cold watermelon felt great when we got back home!

Steve and Dane got a plane ride to! Jill was about to have a fit when they took off and sailed away! She had no idea this thing goes up like that! I think she was thinking like only a few feet of the ground!...:)


Javon enjoyed hanging with Charlie again and they had the giggles rolling!!

The Zook family pond day was again a huge summer highlight!! The party starts all over when the men arrive in the late afternoon and spend the evening in the water with the kids!


Javon loves the airplane on calm summer evenings and he begs his daddy to fly!!!

Dave is out for a week. He is in Vancouver Canada now but if I have his schedule right he will be in Belize tomorrow-Monday! I wanted so badly to go with him but Justin has been out for ball tournaments the past few weekends and this weekend he will be here and his evening schedule is a bit lighter so he is here. I still have flashbacks of Columbia so I thought it best to stick close to home for awhile...:) I love having him here when Dave is away!! I hope to get some picture updates of MBV and a fun lobster dive coming up in the next few days! I'm so jealous of you visiting there without me Hon! Enjoy for us!

Marilyn and I decided to surprise Kath and her family at Frontier Town yesterday! It was quick decision and mom and dad came to!! I drove the big fifteen passenger van so we had plenty of space and the day was a true joy!! The kids just so enjoy being together and this hot day in the water was just a BLAST! They could hardly contain themselves!

Kath got goose bumps all over when she heard Jordan's voice outside of there camper when we first got there! The kids faces were priceless as we pulled up to their campsite with our big white van!

The ponies on Assateague Island were so neat! We did the campground water park for most of the day but then we hit the waves on the beach later in the afternoon and it was oh so much fun for the kids!!

Phone pictures are better then no pictures so here goes...:)





Oh the joys of the oceans!! God created the best when he created these places!!


We so enjoyed having dad with us for this!! Mom called his boss and he said yes he can enjoy a family day last minute! So BLESSED to have these two people that love so well as my parents and grandparents to my children!

She loved everything about this day and she could hardly keep herself from RUNNING up to the ponies on the beach!! Even after we told her it could be a hundred dollar fine!... She seemed to think a fine would be worth touching them!

Because of this family we were here! Thanks Guys!! We so enjoyed this day!






Smoky grilled us burgers and we had a full blown campsite supper before we headed back home! Most of the kids fell asleep on the ride home but a few did not. Micah got his ear piece wet and it died so he couldn't hear. We all felt so bad for him and Marilyn tried to use Kath's hair dryer on it but it didn't stay on. He fell asleep first since he was toned out. The life of Micah... We take our natural hearing for granted! We love you Micah and he is as good as new again today after putting his ear piece in the dryer over night...:)


It was midnight when I fell into bed but it was full feeling knowing how much fun in the sun the kids had all day!

New furniture pieces arrived here this morning!! I'm so excited to have the toy room transformed into a library setting and the nook into a cozy sitting space!! I crashed on this cozy chair for a bit this afternoon and I can tell this will be my new spot when I take the time to sit down...:)



Another thing I will remember about this summer is my tooth implant! Two weeks ago I had an implant surgery on a front tooth that was injured years ago and it had been giving me problems in Belize this winter. My dentist advised me to do a more permanent option like implant surgery.

I gritted my teeth and said "Lets just get it over with as fast as the process can be done!" Its a major front tooth so its kind of a big deal!

I had the tooth pulled in March after Belize. It took weeks for my mouth and face to feel normal. I got painful ulcers where the Novocaine shots went in. For weeks! I was given a flipper (retainer type thing) to wear until the permanent tooth can be put in. I hate it as much today as I did the first day I wore it!

Two weeks ago was the next step with the implant surgery. The oral surgeon seemed to take a drill and a screw and put it into my gums and mouth bone!! It was numb but the experience was awful! I again got painful ulcers where the shots were given! My whole nose, mouth and even my one eye still don't feel normal!

The oral surgeon told me after he was done with the implant "I want to put you on antibiotics as a precaution". Well knowing me and what I believe about the damage of unnecessary antibiotic use I decided not to take those pills. (he wanted to put me on them when he pulled the tooth to!) Well it back fired this time but it took me awhile to figure it out. I hurt but I figured it was normal. My mouth swelled so bad yesterday and I finally realized I better fill that prescription after all... My whole face felt odd when I awoke yesterday! I was driving everyone to the beach and I didn't dare disappoint them all yet I didn't feel up to going when I woke up.

I have been pushing the past weeks. I have been ignoring my extra tired self and pushing. I am normally full of energy and can go all day without much rest. I love to work and I love to be active most of my awake hours so when I feel the need for rest it seems easy to ignore it and push on. I do. I am starting to realize that I have been dragging for many weeks now. I think infection set in because I pushed it when my body cried to rest. I went out for runs but ended them walking in frustration. My mouth has an unexplainable pain when running. The impact hurts bad with every step! By yesterday it even hurt when I just walked. I found myself walking on tip toes to lessen the impact so the pain wouldn't be so bad.

I'm now on antibiotics. I hate it but what can I do. I rubbed on the YL oils and also took many of my normal "go to" natural stuff to try to get this thing feeling better. The swelling is better and the pain is better today. I hope to get this behind me fast and I pray I never have to do another tooth implant in my life! It will be worth it I'm sure because I can't wait to get rid of this flipper thing but the process has been so drug out and painful.

 Today my appetite is gone and I can tell the antibiotics are affecting me but I'm thankful to be on the mend and I hope to work it out of my system soon. I can't wait to enjoy running again! The mouth piece I wear affects my breathing and running has been a struggle since I started this process early this spring. In a few months I have my next appointment and I hope this clears me to get that permanent tooth put on. If I ever get the process done and over with I will be so grateful!

I'm reading a good book so I'm off to snuggle on my new chair with it... The kids are already in bed. They had another day of swimming today. Rachel Ann took Javon for a few hours today to. He came home happy to have spent some time with Gabriel! Rachel Ann went to Ada's for awhile and she wanted to take Javon along to be with Gabriel. I can only imagine how much he misses his brother Logan this summer!! We are still praying for you EJ and Ada! Javon came home with a "in memory of Logan bracelet" on each ankle that Gabriel gave him and it has hit me a few times today when I saw them on his ankles how difficult it must be to have such a perfect, full of life four year old ripped from your home by an accident! Lets lift up EJ and Ada as they struggle to find the new normal for there household!

Good Night...


2 comments: