The days have been chilly, cloudy and drizzly this week. We are so ready to see sun and warm days but it looks like we have it coming next week so for today we enjoy the heat and cozy blankets while we still can...:)
Things are bursting outside with life! The grass and garden are thriving in this damp weather! The tender plants and tomatoes can not wait to have warmer weather and I'm questioning whether some of the stuff will even make it.
We love the month of May and all it's busyness. School activities come at an all time high but we plan to finish the school year well and so we dig in for another few weeks of school work, tests and activities!
Pictures to show all that is going on here these days... I'm not taking to much time to post but pictures are a quick way to share bits and pieces of all we have going on...
The garden... It is where you would find me every single afternoon these days! Not that I have that much to do down here but I just want to be out here... I'm never content in the house and when I am inside I always have this nag going on in my mind that screams "outdoors!"
I always find something to plant, clip or even just mess around with the wood chips and the "Back to Eden" style gardening!... I LOVE it!!...
| Elderberries... We just planted these last spring! |
| Strawberry flowers everywhere waiting for warmer days! |
Mulching is complete and it always looks so nice this time of year!
Our backyard...
It's like a dream to me...
Some days I can't believe I'm the one that gets to care for it and then we get to enjoy it to the fullest!
The sounds of the waterfall and also the birds (which get well fed here)... We have so many pretty birds!! (and boys that like to soft air pellet the not so pretty ones:} explains why the bird feeders have holes in them!)
The beauty of the color popping up everywhere! The privacy. The peacefulness.
It is truly a BLESSING that my outdoor loving self never takes for granted...
Jordan is busy with his steel plate business... This is so good for him and he has learned a ton from this little side job!!
His steel plates come here flat...
His machine he operates puts a bend in them...
He boxes them up and ships them off...
He makes good money for his age on this job to and with every order that he completes he smiles...;)
I'm not sure it will be enough to keep him busy this summer but he can always find work at the shop...:) He is never bored and he looks forward to his summers very much!
We are hatching out our own Guinea and chickens! I pulled deer ticks off of both Little's and so we figure why not get lots of tick eating Guinna's to roam the property and eat ticks!?
I hope this goes well...:)
This is what we do with many of the garden greens... Green juice is so healthy! Although we juice most every day here we still like the sweets like carrot, beet and fruit... I challenge myself to stick with "all green" a few times a week and it is going better all the time...:)
As of today it is chilly... So much so that Jenika thinks Sasha needs a scarf!...:)
We hope for sunny warm days ahead... Happy Mothers Day to all my momma friends out there! I look forward to spending the day with my own kiddos tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment