Thursday, July 6, 2017

Zook Vacation/Camp Week...

What does the week look like here when three out of four kiddos are at kids camp?

First off we saw Dave off to his Zook family vacation Saturday morning so he not need to miss out on to much fun with his side of the family. I stayed back and helped each one pack their bags and I prepared a breakfast for Monday morning when it was my turn for a meal with the Zook's.

Jenika and Javon took the very first jump into the new swimming pond here on Saturday!

 
Today it is full of water but the work continues on the pumps and waterfall/landscape area. This will be a huge hit with the kiddos back here in our corner of the universe!!
 
 
This week I so miss my faithful juicer...:) I'm juicing my own stuff and I didn't realize how I appreciate my juicer!
 
 
This is Jenika at camp... She called me a few evenings at bedtime just to chat and I got filled in on lots as she talked a mile a minute for a full five minutes!...:)
 
 
After dropping them off at camp on Sunday I headed up to meet the Zook clan. It seemed short for me this year but I was happy the kids didn't have to miss out on camp. The cabin is in overflow mode anyway on weekends when we have fifty plus people in it!...:) It did feel real strange to not have the kids there though!! As I looked among the clutter everywhere I didn't see any of my kids stuff and I was kind of happy not to be trying to keep everything organized... Packing and unpacking was a breeze with just Dave and I!!
 
It was a good time here for a few days!
 



Dave and I decided to pack up and leave real early Tuesday morning (July fourth) and stop to hike on the way home. We hike a few miles at Chickies Point... It was beautiful!

 




After unpacking I spent the whole afternoon in the garden!!


I guess I really do love gardening if this is where I spend my hours alone at home childless! Plus when I thought it was noon time and looked at the clock and it said two o'clock this must be a sign to!...:) The potatoes were pulled out because we really don't eat to many potatoes and the plants were looking a bit sun damaged. I also pulled out some greens and other things that were pretty done. I'll replant again for a fall crop once the heat of July is over. We have berries hanging now. Watermelons thriving. Tomatoes look great! Peppers. Carrots and tons of greens are still being juiced and enjoyed to the fullest!

Dave spent a few hours at the shop on the Fourth then I picked him up there late afternoon and we again went hiking! Wolf Hollow Park is so beautiful and we hiked/ran about six or seven miles! We went for a sushi date after this!

It was a real early bed with a tired back and legs on this day... But we couldn't think of a better way to spend our "Independence Day"!

 
Yesterday I wasn't so alone because I had Eva Jane here with me!...:)

We cleaned windows. She did some other cleaning to while I grocery shopped and then she made more muffins!...:) We are on to take breakfast to church for the set up crew (about twenty five people) for the month of July so these will be going to church... Thank Eva!!


Last evening Justin and Eva were here for supper (burgers on the grill) and they were here all evening swimming, hitting balls and having them around made it feel a bit more normal but Dave and I really really notice the kids absence at bed time! I just "go to bed"!! Like no tucking in! No listen and telling stories!! No book reports! No starting diffusers and rubbing feet! SIMPLY JUST "gO tO bED"! Wow! This is different and I liked it for a change but it would be to quiet without kids to put to bed!!

We are also getting ready for more hosting...we plan to host fifty youth here on Sunday for an Olympic night so today I was getting that menu together. I made a trip to Costco for some things for this Sunday crowd. I was gifted a free drink from Latte Luv!! (gave away some kombucha cultures...:)) It was super yummy although I couldn't get the whole small one down...:}



I was busy cleaning my big picture windows on top of a ladder (all the while listening to loud praise and worship music) at seven thirty this morning! This is starting to really feel odd for sure...:)

I had plans to work outside in the yard this afternoon but the rain showers are keeping me tucked in here on the porch instead... I type and the humming birds still feast just a foot or so away from me! We have really been enjoying our new pergola with a protected top cover! It gives us a place to sit when it's raining. We never had this here before this year.


Texting Dave to ask him if we want fresh garden potatoes, fresh corn on the cob and of course some type of meat for supper all alone this evening or do we just grab something on the fly since its our last evening alone? He said "Grab on the fly" then we'll have the garden goodies tomorrow evening when the kids are back home! I'm sure we will hear lots of great fun camp stories! (Justin is out of town working overnight tonight)

Camp is a great opportunity! We feel so blessed to be healthy and able to attend such a great camp every year! This is Jordan's last year and I know he is sad about this!

Enjoy this rainy day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment