We have sun today! The sun has been so rare that when it shines it feels like a rare treasure!
I even took a picture the other day as it peeking out! We celebrated when we saw this tiny bit of "blue sky" on this day!
The wind is so bitterly cold! The temperature is not constantly freezing so we have no ice skating or frozen fish pond yet but the cold strong winds make it feel much colder then it is.
The house has a whole different feel to it when its sunny! We have tons of windows and we know instantly when the sun pops out!
Morning runs... we run along the creek when its windy. These runs start out real cold right now and I never feel like getting out for the first step but we are not going long at all before we are taking off some layers. Its refreshing and I'm so THANKFUL for what this has done for Dave's lung health!
I'm so proud of him for getting out to run so many miles!
Today Dave is in Dallas.
He has a few different meetings planned there these next few days.
We enjoyed a pizza and Aquire party here last night arranged by him. He does well to make it up to us when his work gets him traveling. I love that he packed fruit and a healthy veggie dish to eat while traveling in airports today. He often feels yuck on airport food and he often catches the sniffles to. I'm guessing he will feel much better on food from our kitchen. We have had mostly healthy options since the Holiday Parties are over. It always feels great to rid the house of the junk and get back to healthy options.
By the way the kids are always WONDERFUL helpers in the kitchen!
At times I "blow my top" when everyone is in the kitchen at the same time while I'm trying to work but they know me well and they always end up just joining me anyway... the end result is always fun because they make yummy stuff...:)
Here Javon is making cookie dough for an Aquire Party Dave put on with a few of his friends. They played and played on his Aquire table Saturday afternoon. Then the Ladies all met here with the kids at supper time and we enjoyed fun fellowship until late at night...
Jenika is becoming a "foodie" like me and I couldn't be happier about it! She is so fun to teach and train in this area and I love having her in the kitchen with me!
We make Justin tons of healthy dishes each week and its now to the point that we all eat "Justin's Food"!
He likes vegetables of any kind so we mix them up. He likes fish and chicken so we mix that up to...:)
The food goes down fast around here and it takes tons of it at this stage of our lives! I'm often so THANKFUL that food is my "fun thing" to do because I'd be a sorry case if I hated grocery shopping or kitchen time!...:)
Tower Garden today...
It will be a few weeks before we are eating salads off of here but its growing. It likes sunny days as much as I do...:)
We have started a few winter projects...
My dad works overtime for me and I'm so THANKFUL for him!
He had the sun room painted for me in one afternoon and new carpet got ordered today. I'm so excited to redo this room! New furniture was ordered and it will so exciting to see it show up in this room in a few weeks! I will show before and after pictures.
Next up is the painting of the Great Room. This will be more challenging with the high ceiling but my dad is up for the challenge and I can't wait to see the fun transformation in the end!
It is already making the winter go faster... "Makeover Projects" are not a favorite of mine.
I can keep things the same for a really really long time!
I'm not one to redecorate with the different seasons. I for sure don't like a lot of stuff setting around. (my kids call the word "clutteritis". I have it...:})
Simple is my word but yet still accommodating. It feels like a few rooms we have here in the house do not get used very much. The house is big enough that we just pass by the rooms and never really make use of them. I don't like this. I want us to use our space better. I'm guessing this makeover will have us using the rooms more.
I love to capture these before school chores with pictures sometimes...
This week one morning I took this picture of Jenika doing morning chores... If I don't record some of this stuff then one day I will wonder "How is she so grown up already!?"
Javon does well with the dishwasher in the morning while Jenika starts laundry and sweeps. (He hates doing the dishwasher and he seems to think its a baby chore) But I sure do appreciate when they are helpful with house chores! Its amazing what they can do if they set minds to it..:)
My Grandma Dienner is off to Florida for her winter getaway! Before she left we did a muffin and coffee date with her and it just so happened that her sister Annie was there to join us! It was such a fun brunch with my mom, sister and these dear old ladies!
I'm off... The kids are home for the weekend! I'm always so glad for them when Dave is away!!
ps. Right now it feels like my blog catch ups consist of strolling through my phone pictures to see what happened since the last time I was on here. I do like the "presant" the "here and now" better but that is not working to well for me in this stage of life right now so rather then skipping it all together I'm catching up this way...:)
I also want to record ONE MORE THING...
Justin took Jordan and Javon to a Sixers game last Saturday night... They were thrilled! They stopped to eat on the way then got crab fries at the game...:)
We tell Javon all the time how "Lucky" he is to have big brothers that love him so well!
When we tell him he says "I Know" so I know he feels lucky but these big brothers are truly the best!
I see how I missed out having big brothers like them when I was growing up! (Being the oldest child and then having a baby brother at sixteen years old was pretty special to)
But seriously!!
A Sixers game at ten years old with big brothers that love to spoil you!!
How fun!!
They got home close to midnight but Javon was bubbling over with funny stories and about all the fun time he had even at this late hour!
These big brothers play football with him.
They play some for competitive (and sometimes/mostimes loud) game on their phones while he has mine and they play this game... it gets heated sometimes and they shout and laugh at each other as they play.
They take him hunting.
They let him tag along anytime/anyplace without even a blink.
They buy him stuff just to make him happy.
They even let him sleep with them sometimes. (although its not to often anymore).
They watch movies with him. They laugh at him!!
Justin is the "Action and the Party". He makes stuff happen. Jordan is the comforter and protector. So when sending him out with these two guys I know he will have a blast and still be safe...:)
Yup he is BLESSED!
Have a fun filled weekend!!
Football party here on Sunday!! I never watch football at all until it comes down to the last straw. Then it becomes fun to have football parties...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment