Sunday, June 1, 2014

Enjoying our PERFECT Weather!!

This weather we have been having is amazing! Perfect is the word for it!!

We enjoyed our sunny warm days this week! My computer is away getting a tune up so I have been missing some things on here this week. We are enjoying a campfire so I will catch up a bit here on the laptop beside the fire...:)

Jordan had an antibody treatment on Thursday to stock him up on fighting power for the next month. My day was so busy on Thursday with Dave home for Ascension day. We wanted to spend time outside in the flowerbeds and garden but the rain interfered a bit. We did plant six more blueberry bushes in the rain to replace some that died out over the winter. Mom and Dad were here to sit with Jordan for awhile and Justin was also his company while he waited out the IV.

The pool is now set up and even though it's still freezing cold it is still in use everyday! We got a water service truck to fill it for us this year since it took two weeks and a lot out of our well last year!

Javon had his last preschool day on Friday! My baby is done with preschool! I can hardly believe he is ready for kindergarten but he is excited and I must embrace this part of our journey weather I feel ready or not!... He loved preschool and it was so good for him socially!
Here he is receiving his preschool completion diploma from Miss Bethany...
 

His teacher were great... Thanks for the great year Miss Bethany and Miss Donna!!

He made great friends but this was his favorite... Tristan was his favorite and he even had him over for an afternoon one day last week! They had so much fun!! I think they even look a bit alike to!

 
Lots of clean up took place here yesterday. It was such a lovely day for working outside!  We went to a fish hatchery to get more fish for the fish pond. We are hoping this will help keep the pond algae under control better this summer. We had Papa's tractor here to work on more wood chips. I was working a pressure washer for awhile and could have gone on  longer but I finally put it away for another day. An extension ladder was here to so we got the high windows cleaned, I only do these a few times a year since it takes a long ladder and I'm not fond of heights at all!
 
 
The boys were busy in the shed, it was a great family work day and I had to stop every now and then just to breath in the perfect day! I love when we get so much done in one day! We had to pull out some dead bushes that died over the winter. We still have a few more to go. It sure was a hard winter for some of our shrubbery!!


The wood chips are never ending around here but I'm so enjoying my garden and I can't wait to have a full blown "Back to Eden" garden!

After all the outside work I came in the house to find much housework needing done yet but we wanted to enjoy the day to the fullest with a campfire and stories and the pharshute plane even made it out of the garage!! The housework waited and I was wiping up floors way to late for a Saturday night but the day was enjoyed to the fullest and we are so BLESSED!!


I mow a strip of field for Dave so he has enough of airstrip to get this thing off the ground but I guess I wasn't mowing enough because he didn't quite make it up before he hit the high field grass. He finally just put the plane back in the garage and we need to get a longer strip before he tries it again. Hopefully next time he can get a good flight in...:)

Our week looks like a nice warm one with temps coming up in the 80's! We are off to a great start to our Summer! Dave and his brothers are flying out tomorrow morning to Tennessee, they meet up with Papa's who are already there visiting Marianna. They will also do some business there to. I'm kind of jealous... It will be so much fun for these siblings I'm sure!

We were asked to share a bit of Jordan's health journey today at church... I will share some of my notes on here and I also have a muffin recipe Jordan is raving over that I will share but I will do that another day... It's getting late and even though it's summer and bedtime is later I better get my clan to bed...


Have a Blessed Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment