Today is Jordan's Infusion. He is patient. He sits for about four hours while the IV drips. He likes when my mom comes to sit with him. She was here for awhile but she has Grandma Beiler on Thursdays and she is starting to get more stubborn about going away with mom so she came over without her for only a short time. Mark is here playing play station with Jordan. He does not know how very good and I think Jordan was getting frustrated trying to teach him how to play...:)
How is Jordan doing?? People ask me all the time "What does he eat?"
Here is an idea I will share with you about how his appearance alone looks so much healthier... Picture on the left was taken last Fall and one on the right was taken a few minutes ago... He even has the same shirt on!...:)
His diet is a challenge most days. He is getting some stomach spasams every once in awhile. I know for a fact by looking at all the different things he takes twice a day that his body is most certainly going through something. I hope it's a good "something" where healing is taking place but we still cannot be certain and at times I question "Are we taking the right route?"
His skin is so much better! He has so much energy!! He has had a slight change in his bowels but not really in a bad way. We feel his cleanse is working but at times it seems he hardly eats anything and when he does he don't always feel good on his food.
We are going strictly by his food plan and all the food he eats comes off the "Allowed to have" menu. Only organic everything for Jordan right now. We spend a bit more at the grocery store. We keep his food in the basement fridge so he knows what is his and what is questionable. He is doing great! For the most part the hard part was the cleansing last winter when he had to add the candida cleanse.
What does he eat?? Most days he has his powder shake (plus all his pills) and a fruit for breakfast. Fruits he has to choose from include... Grapefruit, peach, pear, apple, grapes, lemons, avocado (which he does not eat) Most other fruits are off limits. He has another powder shake for lunch with the same dose of pills. He then has a good cooked supper late afternoons. Lots of water during the day!
Today as he sat with his IV pole beside him I made him something to eat just as extra because he does still enjoy eating. I heated coconut oil in his skillet (cast iron) and added onions, asparagus, beef cubes (grass fed organic) and grilled it just until hot. It went on top of fresh greens from the garden... Kale, red lettuce, cut lettuce (all cut up in small pieces) He ate every bite and wanted more!..:) He is easy like that...:)
The meat we have for him right now are all fresh organic. Fish is to be wild caught. Out of all the fish at Wegman's seafood counter only a few of the fish were wild caught! I was happy to find even a few.
Lamb, Turkey, Chicken, Beef, Scallops and Shrimp are his meats. We had to dig a bit and pay more but we were able to find them all organic.
Fresh veggies are a huge part of Jordan's diet. He makes smoothies with fresh berries and he appreciates the natural sweetness. Dave tasted his smoothie the other evening and when he was looking he acted like it was good but when he walked away he was like "ugg that was not very good"..:) Last evening we were invited to Jonathan's for a yummy meal of steaks and chicken off the "green egg" and all the fixings to go with it! It was such a treat Thanks Guys!! Jordan of course had to take his own meal. I think this is the hardest part of this journey! Making and taking food along wherever we go all Summer long.
Do we plan a family trip to the beach or go camping?? Which one would be easier?? Food is a big part of our getaways so it's challenging at times to know how it will all work out. One day at a time (sometimes hour at a time) is what works best for me. As long as I have "Jordan Friendly" food here we can soon have something figured out.
Snacks?? A scallop works!! The other day I smelled something amazing coming from my kitchen!! It was Jordan grilling fresh garlic and one scallop! It was his snack!...:) He takes care of himself many times and he knows what he can and cannot have. He grills a lot!
Fresh berries are popping up on the tree lines and he so enjoys berries! Dessert is missed but he is thankful he can have berries and apples! He lost five more pounds since starting this last cleansing journey. I hope he can maintain now and not lose to much more weight. I still have to just stare at him sometimes! His legs are slender and his belly is gone! He looks great and he has so much to be proud of! His testimony is amazing! We are praying complete healing for his body even if it is through food.
Thank you for praying for Jordan!...
Dave is so enjoying dessert again! He went a month without sweets. He says it was good for him but he was so missing something in his life!...:) We still love our desserts! Poor Jordan was born into the Zook family where dessert was never a question! Everybody ate it!
The reunion is OVER!! Such a great feeling! The turnout was amazing! They tell me they haven't had a good turnout like this in years! It was also an evening instead of a Saturday so they thought that might have made a difference. Dave grilled chicken. Two cases but it all got wiped out!! The food got all!! It was set up as certain families were in charge of certain things like veggies, salad and dessert. I guess nobody figured on this many people because food got all in almost all departments!...
It was a beautiful evening!! Many people walked through the house and gardens! It was a bit overwhelming but I was able to keep calm...:) We had around one hundred and fifty people here.
I made it home from the beach mid morning and went right to work setting up. Rachel Ann was here a few hours and with her indoors going over cleaning and me going over the outdoors we were ready for this crowd by the time they all arrived!...:)
The beach was perfect! The ladies I go with are so much fun to spend a few days with! The weather was "dream beach weather" with low humidity and a lovely breeze. We had a neat campfire ring (gas) set up outside our neat hotel and we spent many hours sitting around here both evenings just chatting. I left Sunday afternoon with me driving and Lori and Mim rode down with me. I snuck out while everybody was asleep on Tuesday morning for a quick run on the beach and then headed home. It was sad to leave them all there on such a lovely looking beach day but I was glad for the time I was able to spend with them...
My early morning run at the beach...
I thought I'd slow down after the reunion was over. I was figuring on food leftovers but since I was away and then everything got wiped clean at the reunion it was a trip to the grocery store and then getting lunch to my working shop guys. Justin missed me when it came time to pack his own lunch for two days...:)
I had just sat to blog yesterday when Dave called after five minutes and said "I have two guys out here in suits that will be coming home with me, I can't bring them home in my dirty little work truck so can you come get us? I posted my picture and off I went. We took our guests along up to Jonathan's for supper then. It was another lovely evening to eat outdoors with friends!
We have plans to host a campfire/can jam party Sunday evening that we sold at the church box social this past winter. We have plans to have some of Dave's investor friends here for a campfire and burgers tomorrow evening. We are getting set to send Justin and Jen to camp this weekend. We are packing up lots of things for those days of adventure in the wilderness for them!...:) (Javon does not mind that Jordan has to give up camp this year!) We also have Zook family vacation just around the corner to! Having to think about Jordan's food for these days at the cabin with the Zook's looks overwhelming right now but it will come together as it always does. God does not give more then we can handle...:) We are so BLESSED!! Summer is a blast!!!...
Pool party going on at Sis Marilyn and my Little's have been there for the past few hours while we waited out Jordan's treatment. He is done and him and Mark took off on the wheeler for the pool fun as soon as he was unhooked from his tubes!! I'm off to join them for just a bit.
Justin was called to the shop. Even if it was his day off today. Allen took him and his dog to the vet for an appointment this morning but now he was needed for garage door installing...
![]() |
| Sasha is growing up...:) Jenika is her favorite person to hangout with! |
Allen now has a stubby finger!! His left ring finger is now a bit shorter then his pinky finger! He has had so much pain already. He had surgery to remove bone but it is healing more everyday and he plans to go back to work next week.
My morning run was to the shop for the car that Dave had to take this morning since I had to give him and his guests a ride home last evening... These runs have a connection to my stress hormone which helps keep me sane on busy Summer days...:)
It has been a very busy summer but we are still loving every minute of it. We want to pack so much in yet before the cold returns so we just do "crazy" at times... We are truly blessed and we are only as busy as we make ourselves to be!...
We got some new baby ginnie peeps. My Little's will spend hours with these peeps!!...:)





+3.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment