I helped Jenika go over her packed bag yesterday after church. I was asking her what she will do with this and that? Just to make sure she understands her laundry bag, bug spray, body wash, the shampoo from the conditioner...:) Oh boy this is a huge step for her!....:) Or "Me" rather??!!
She had everything squeezed into one suitcase. Pillow and all. Her bag looked big but I figured she would better be able to keep organized with only one bag. (if there is such a thing for this girl...:)) She was giving me kisses all afternoon because she knew she was going to leave me for a few days...:) I will so miss her!
Justin waited to pack his things up until the last minute! He was still gathering his things as we were going out the door!...:) This will be his last year at camp and I'm sure he will live it up!:)
I took one look at Jenika's group when we arrived and as soon as I spied her best school friends in her cabin I knew she would be perfectly fine!... She has two of her best school friends in her group!... Lindy and Darlene. She was super excited when she saw them there as she had no idea who was all coming to camp... I got a picture of her and Darlene... So sweet!
We said our good byes and were on our way home to host a party here.
We had church friends for a campfire/Can Jam party that we sold at the box social. Burgers and hot dogs were grilled and I had made broccoli salad with fresh from the garden broccoli...:) Dessert was a breeze since Dave put a special order in with his Sis Martha for a "Salted caramel/mocha cheesecake with an Oreo cookie crust!! She did not disappoint him!! It was done up perfectly!! Chocolate covered coffee beans around the edges with a caramel and mocha sauce drizzled on top!! Thanks Martha!! She makes the best cheesecakes!! She does make them to sell so if you ever need a WONDERFUL handy dessert give her a call!!
The party is over and every gathering we now have seems like a breeze comparing to last weeks crowd through my house!...:) We love hosting summer parties!! We have a few more summer parties planned and we decided to host my family for a camp out weekend right here on our property this year instead of going to a campground. This makes it look so much simpler and the kids are looking forward to it!! Dave has lots of great ideas brewing for this fun camp out right here!...:)
We still do have two kiddo's at home this week...
These two are two of a kind and Jordan will be Javon's best friend these next few days! He is so good with him and I can already tell he will take him under his wing and keep him from missing his sister to much! They ate a grapefruit together then they headed off to Amy's pond for "Fishing Monday"!!
Jordan is missing camp but he don't seem to mind to much, we will get to visit some since Dave has devotions there tomorrow and then we are also doing the candy drop from the parachute plane again this year. (weather permitting) Jordan will be delighted to be the one dropping the candy to the camp kids!! ...
Here is Jordan in a picture from last years camp drop off day and then a few from today... I continue to be amazed at his testimony and the life style change that took place in his life the last few months!! God is so good in bringing healing to Jordan's body!... It's a journey of healing through food and a challenge some days but we are so thankful that God has brought him "this far"!!
This week looks like it will be A typical hot summer July week. I now put the mower up a notch and cut the mowing back to once a week. Things are starting to already look brown and dry even though we are not real dry here. It's just the season. The garden and yard work take a bit of a break and I'm looking forward to slowing down a bit with the outside work.
Dave has gotten back up to the sky...
We are looking forward to a few more months of "Summer Fun"!!
Enjoy Summer with us!...:)






No comments:
Post a Comment