Thursday, May 7, 2015

Jenika... Golf Cart Accident...

Princess Jenika had a slight accident... She loves the golf cart and has been driving it ever since we got it last spring. She is normally responsible. The golf cart does not go fast at all unless going down hill. We have one hill here but they seemed to know the limits. We all love the golf cart! It gets them out and about with cousins a lot!..:) It has been a huge highlight for us on our twenty two achier property. Along with it comes the risk of accidents. We set rules and boundaries. Jen is a daring risk taker. She like thrill. Last evening as her and Javon were on the golf cart on the driveway Jordan must have been on a four wheeler and she was racing him even though he didn't think they were racing!



She came in to fast with Jordan at her side on the wheeler. She hit the garage wall. Hard. It cracked the stucco and pushed the whole wall in a bit and broke bricks! Javon was hanging on really tight because he saw it coming! He was fine thankfully!! Jenika whammed into the steering wheel! Hard! The wheel went hard into her abdomen area and her neck jerked and she hit her mouth full force on the wheel to! Jordan said it looked totally awful!!

Dave and I were sitting on the back porch chatting. It was just after supper was over. She came screaming hysterically back to us with blood gushing from her mouth!! The first thing I thought was  "the pony kicked her"!!

Jordan got it across to us that it was a golf cart accident. I ran inside half carrying her for towels, ice and whatever. Everyone else was around trying to help to! Blood was everywhere. Then she passed out! I LOST it!!

Ice brought her back and we took her to Urgent Care in Parksburg. She was with it but still so pale and weak and her mouth looked just awful! They took one look and said... HOSPITAL! Lancaster General Hospital Scans showed she was only bruised! THANK THE LORD!

Concussion and teeth knocked out of whack! Bruised Tummy! I came home from the hospital with her at twelve thirty this morning. They had given her pain meds. I cleaned up the house some, took a shower and crawled into bed beside her at one fifteen this morning. She slept all night. I was squished between her and Dave and didn't sleep so good! I kept checking on her breathing during the night. She woke up this morning so very sore!

 She is brave and is moving very very slowly! Her mouth only handles soft foods so it was banana and pancake for breakfast, cut into teen tiny bites!!

She will be here with me for a few days. No school. No running. We see Dr. Steve for a chiropractor adjustment (maybe hyperbaric even his chamber) here soon and then we see the Cowboy Dentist this afternoon. She will need mouth work done. Prayer would be appreciated... Thanks for those who were praying for her as we were on the way to the hospital. Jordan felt and still feels so very bad!!

My "May Madness" has come to a halt as I care for her...:) God does slow us down if he needs to. I'm taking it as it comes and I'm so thankful my babies are okay! As I cleaned up the blood last night I had to think of how much worse it could have been...! Dave thinks the other way... "How much better!"...:) We are blessed!!

#notasingledullmoment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment