Thursday, May 21, 2015

Jenika's Second Grade Graduation!...

She graduated from second grade today!... Yay!!


Today was Jenika's last day of school! She had to cry. She wanted to hang out with her friends this afternoon already! She already misses her social life. Her younger brother was her biggest nuisance this evening and I felt bad for him because she was so grumpy. She seemed to just want to be left alone!? She was in her room drawing all alone for a long time! I think she will have an adjustment for awhile.

Jenika loves school. She loves all of her friends!! She seemed to realize today that she will not be joining them for third grade next year. She is looking forward to Linville Hill a lot but I know this is a pull for her and I feel sorry for her at times. Thanks so much Miss Lapp for all the time you have invested into our second grader this year!! She LOVED her teacher lots!!

We were on the food committee at Fairhaven so today was busy. It was great to have a picnic with patrons today, the food all arrived so it was easy on us as a committee. Just organize, serve then clean up. We will miss seeing these patrons after so many years there. We move full speed ahead but we have enjoyed the journey at Fairhaven.

Jenika came in the other evening crying once more! The pony's feed door fell down on her head and she got a nasty bump. Soon after that she was at Tina's and fell off of her bed! She came home screaming and holding a bloody towel at her mouth!! I of course panicked and she had cut her lip open once more and her one tooth (that had been broken and splinted) was pushed back and her wire was bent!! I gave Tylenol for the pain and called the dentist!

Wednesday was the last half day of real school for Jenika but she was injured once again! Once the boys were dropped off at Linville I went to Fairhaven with her to finish up a test and a few other things before we headed off to see an oral surgeon. He got the tooth back into position, took an x-ray. He said things are lined up nicely again and we hope for the best as she heals once again!! I told her I will need to pen her up soon!!...:)

Jordan ran a 5k today at school. He said it was fun!..:) I wish I could have ran it with him! I haven't gotten out this week yet! The school busyness and Jen drama are keeping me to busy for runs right now!..:) I hope running will become routine once school is all done!

Javon had a field trip today. He had to pout a bit that I wasn't able to come along but he was so excited for this day! He came down all smiles this morning and we were joking with him about... if nothing hurts this morning!?? He said aw yeah my leg kinda does but I'm fine!!..:) Love him!!
Hands-On-House is where he was today. He bubbled over all afternoon about his fun day!... Evidence that he was at the Hands-on-House....


They are enjoying the homemade Popsicles tons!!... We loved Popsicles so much every summer but last summer I hardly bought any because I refuse to buy food with dyes and fructose and all that nasty stuff. We did lots of smoothies instead but the kids missed pops!! I found some really cool pop molds on Amazon and Jordan is having so much fun with it!!


Some are limeade or lemonade with fruit pieces. We wrap them in parchment paper and put them in a box in the freezer once they are done! It makes grabbing them super easy and I can tell I will say yes way more often this summer to those pops then any summer before this! They must be so refreshing on a hot day!

Dave has the big boys at a Barnstormers game tonight!!...


I gave the exhausted Little's down time right here with pops while I got busy to clean the whole house!! (No Rachel Ann this week!) I'm a maniac sometimes but I thank God for the energy and health to be that when I need to be..:)

We are packed up for the cabin!! We love Memorial Day Weekends with our friends!! Javon is super excited to catch chipmunks with some of his best friends!!..:)

Justin graduates from Ninth grade next week then Jordan and Javon the following week... We have water in the pool and even though today was a chilly day I see lots of warm days in the weather forecast up ahead!! Bring on summer and swimming!

I have so much I want to share with those of you following our food journey but it has been a bit crazy this month just like I anticipated with finishing out the school term in three schools!! We see an end in sight and I hope to do a food group meet up in June. Stay tuned for the exact date and I'd like to share how my Back to Eden Garden is working out for us...:)

I'm off to get rest after a really long day... Have a BLESSED weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment