He had a great year in Miss Peterson's class at Linville Hill! Thanks Miss Peterson for all the time you have invested into Javon this year!!
He is happy and excited to have a summer break!! He has already been enjoying the pool here with his siblings and it will be nice not to have to be so on top of that bedtime routine! Let the late night swimming parties begin...:)
Javon is so much fun at this age! He is asking lots of questions and soaking up the answers! He enjoys his brother Jordan! Jenika is his friend to and they have a blast together but when he gets tired of her busyness he goes off to find Jordan, they do more quiet/calm things together... like look for fish in the pond or hunt for squirrels and stuff like that. Justin is so good with Javon to! They often go off on the golf cart to look for muskrats! Javon is so dependant on Jordan though. To much at times! He thinks he needs Jordan close as soon as we begin the bedtime routine! I love it and think its something to treasure! We all kind of cater to him in our own way..:)
Javon did well in Kindergarten this year. At times it was hard to get him off to school but he loves his friends there and once he was at school and started he was fine. First grade will be an adjustment and we are hoping for a bit more "independent growth" over the summer to make first grade a bit easier.
Javon...
I love that you love it at home with me during the day. I love that you are smart. I love your laid back personality. I love that you still want to be cuddled and held! I love that you are the youngest and the baby of the family. You fit perfectly into our line of personality differences! I treasure your innocence and cautious approach to life...:) You often make me laugh!
Please don't grow up to fast! I Love You, Mom
Last year I said good bye to Preschool for the last time. This year I say good bye to kindergarten! Oh boy, "TIME" please slow down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's June!!!
I have been looking forward to June for months! My calendar is wide open and I hope to hold it loosely all through the month! I want to call it our "Staycation" month! Fun things right here at home. Fun things out yet nothing demanding or stressful. I want to sit at the campfires more and I want to just sit more in general. (sometimes I have a hard time with this) At home a mom's work is never done. I am the type that likes everything in order before I sit for anything! I like to have the dishes all washed or in the dishwasher before we sit down for supper. I like to have the laundry folded everyday so it don't pile up on me. I like to hoe my flowerbeds every week so the weeds don't get away from me. I like my windows clean! I'm a mess. I plan to leave more of these things go for the month of June!..:) My family knows I have been planning this "Staycation" so they will be on my case if I let them down!..:)
Jordan has one more half day of school!!
Justin is at the shop today! He is looking forward to making money once again! He works hard at the shop and we are so thankful that he has an opportunity like this one to work on the line in the shop making sheds. It will be a growing experience for him this summer!!
I need to get used to packing that enormous lunch again! School lunches are small but shop lunches are really big!..;)
Running is happening a bit more once again! I got five miles on Saturday morning. It was so warm!! I forgot how hot those summer runs can get! Dave and I run a few mornings a week on a lovely country road out close to the shop. I have come to enjoy these runs even if I'm an "alone" type of runner. My vibrams are worn down to the road by now and it's bothering me so I'll need to get new trainers before to long.
Thunderstorms are rolling in. We had a dry week last week but God has blessed us with a great soaker rain over night last night and again today more storms are here.
We are packing up the man of the house once again. Dave goes to Tennessee, Kansas and I'm not sure where all else. He will spend some time at Kent and Maryanna. He was asked to speak/teach at an event in Nashville. It is being organized by a friend of his from down there. (since educating so much he has friends all over the world by now!) Since he does multifamily unit housing in Memphis anyway he made a mini field trip out of this trip. They plan to check out some of the projects going on there in Memphis. We will miss him when he is away but we plan to begin our "Staycation" here without him awhile...:)
The mulching is complete here. The flowers are thriving and the beauty of June is surrounding our property! The honeysuckles have burst open giving the heavenly scent that only they can bring. The wild berries are well on the way along the wood lines. The garden is doing okay but growing pretty slow? I'm not sure what is taking it so long this year!? I wonder if maybe it needed composted before planting!? Also the little black bugs were having hay day with my potatoes and kale! I got them stopped with Dermatious Earth but some damage is already done. The beans popped right up but the peas are slow!? The strawberry patch is checked and picked everyday! We are enjoying fresh strawberries everyday even if they are small this year. The greens are being enjoyed everyday and the watermelon patch will be big again the way it is looking! I love gardening and if the garden is a bit behind this year I'm okay with that. It might just take "Back to Eden" a bit longer or else it might take me a bit longer to get it figured out!...?:)
I see all the beautiful Amish gardens that surround our community and even though I will never be a gardener like that I still love to be out in the garden! Those gardens amaze me at times!! How do they do it so perfectly!?? How does there stuff yield so much and the weeds just seem so nonexistent!?? I admire them often and looking at gardens along the roadways has become a highlight of mine lately but I'll still take the ~laid back~ ~not so much work~ ~just for fun~ style for myself...:) I like to benefit from those gardens to when I go to do my canning in the fall!! We truly are blessed to have a blessed community that knows how to garden!
It is pouring down buckets here!!! Jordan went to his school friend (Matthews) house with his 22 for the afternoon! I'm hoping they had something indoor to do for back up and I'm thinking the little league ballgames are canceled for this evening to. (no complaining here since dad is not here to take them)
The babies are begging to swim in the rain! I do let them sometimes but the answer is not a question when the thunder is rolling!
Have a Blessed Monday! Enjoy the month of June with us!!


No comments:
Post a Comment