Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Please Slow Down!!

Summer is moving along... It is going to fast! I saw some signs as I was riding the mower yesterday that tell me summer time will not be here near long enough for me!...:)

#1 The wild berries are here! This means the strawberries are mostly done and June will be over much to soon!...

We do love this wild berry season to!!...

#2 The Lillies!... They are lovely!...


#3 Pool is getting used every day!...


#4 Popcicles are a huge hit!!... (Jordan keeps up with the high demand and makes homemade ones!)


Our June "Staycation" is going well. The house work still needs to be done and I found I cannot completely avoid this task all together! The laundry and food prep is still a nessesary part of living and unless we have a live in maid we cannot get away from our everyday house work. (which can be a full time job in itself some days!) We work together though and the kids all have morning work that goes well most days.

I think I'm missed in the kitchen when they all wake up!...:) We are getting to bed late so I let everybody sleep in until they are all done sleeping. I'm most times either out running or in the garden when they wake up. They do great at making breakfast on there own but I think they miss having it ready when they get to the kitchen like it was on the school mornings...:) I know I'm sure enjoying the break and they are capable of making breakfast on their own just fine and they are loving sleeping longer in the mornings!..:) Maybe we will try for a bit more routine in July!?? For now we are living it up...:)

We had all day ballgames Saturday!! Jordan was playing in a little league tornamant for Lightning and Justin had a none league tornament that his Fusion team was playing in. It was a hot day with hazy sunshine! The breeze was there and felt great but when that sun was out it was just plain muggy hot. They drank lots but they were so happy to be swimming once the games were over!! Justin and Jordan both had friends here overnight Friday and Saturday night.



Sunday was our church picnic... Again it was one of those HOT church picnic years... This is about what we all felt like until the day was over!...


This is sweet Mariana... I was sitting next to her as she was sitting in her chair eating her ice cream cone and listening to her mom and aunt Ada singing up on stage, she was sweaty and tired yet enjoying herself totally... Soon she nodded off with her ice cream cone still in hand!...:) So cute!

The picnic day was over earlier since it was so warm. The ballgames never got started and the singing didn't go on all day like sometimes either. The young kids left early to find ponds or pools. Justin and his friends along with lots of other youth ended up at the Lapp pond for an evening of pizza and swimming!

The day was relaxing and fun... Thanks to Chrit and Kate for hosting this large crowd this year!...

She loves her girlfriends but she made time for this dog throughout the day to!




Ada did a candy scramble again this year...


My Javon was ready to go home right after lunch already! He has hardly no boys his age and he just didn't click with the few boys that were there. He hung out with Jordan a lot and I saw him more then some years. I didn't realize I didn't have his picture until I downloaded here...

We have some fun things planned for this week. Orioles game for Jordan with Mark! A fishing day out with his dad!! (they bought it at the box social from some youth guys) Dutch Wonderland for Jenika and a few of her girlfriends. An all day birthday party at a pool for Javon. He gets to join his class for Dante's birthday party! Bone Fish grill with some of the shop crew. Lots of swimming will be going on here to!

Runs are hard and very warm these days, it takes time to adjust to this warm running season!... I have to get them runs in early mornings or else its simply to warm for me but I'm not always chirpy enough to get out that early. Yesterday was a seven and it was a hard seven miles every single step of the way...!

 Now I went half way of my half marathon but I don't even feel half way ready to run thirteen miles! I hope it gets better. It will. It always does. It's my mind that needs the adjustments...:)

Running quotes speak to me!...:)



Jordan is doing well with his Sub-Q's. It is a bit painful and it welts bad but he still thinks he likes it better. We will be doing them on our own now starting this week. Thanks for praying for Jordan and his health journey.

We made some Gluten Free cookies to share at the church picnic. They are amazingly good! They were marked GF and not many got eaten but we didn't mind bringing them home again even though it's best when we not have these goodies in the house! I'll share the recipe with you... It's a lot like a lemon sugar cookie...


GF chewy lemon sugar cookies...
1 cup millet flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbls. lemon zest
1 cup butter (yes we used it) (organic, grass fed unsalted)
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar (yes we used it) (organic cane sugar)
+ more for rolling dough into.
2 large eggs (we used them) (Fresh from the coop)...:)
1 Tbls. fresh lemon juice

1 in a small bowl combine flours, potato starch, x gum, cream of tarter, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.

2 in a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar. Beat in eggs and lemon juice. On lowest speed beat in flour mixture.

3 cover dough and chill for at least an hour.

4 preheat oven 350' line baking sheets with parchment paper (we use stones so we don't use the paper)

5 roll dough drops into sugar and bake 11-12 minutes. let them rest on the sheet a few minutes before getting them off. cool on wire rack.

No wonder they are good right!?? They really are so yummy and they turned out perfectly for Jordan. I think he even just dumped everything together and didn't mess with the step by step process..;) He is tolerating more and more dairy and eggs. We go very slowly and read his body as we go.

Today we need to take Sasha to see the vet! Either she has a tumor on the one side of her face or she got kicked by the pony!?. She does not seem uncomfortable but I hate to even look at her it looks so bad!... Never know what will be next around here!

I wanted to do a June food group meet up but June is moving so fast and I'm just not sure when I would do it!? I hope to start up again but I'm so enjoying summer with my kiddos not in school! I will try to get a meet up on the schedule here soon. If you need a kombucha mushroom starter I have them. If you need black bean bread (GF) it's a hit or miss here but you are welcome to contact me for some anytime. We really enjoy our Jordan bread!

Justin is enjoying his job and he especially enjoyed his first payday last week!...:) He does best when he is being productive and with the busy season upon us he is appreciated at the shop. I pack his lunch the night before and set in inside the door with lots of ice packs so I don't need to get up so early...:) It's working out just fine. He eats way more then his dad does in a days time now! Wow how did that happen so fast!? I so love having big boys in the house!!

I'm off to enjoy another day of "June Staycation"...:) The weather looks cloudy but it's still very warm so swimming it will be once again!...:)

Dave is helping me enjoy June even more!! He is awesome with his manpower! He helps me with the flowerbeds in the evenings for awhile. We do it in sections around here cause we have so much! The rains have brought lots of weeds this year so far! The mulch don't even seem to be holding them down very good! The mowing gets done twice a week still. I love mowing and I could ride the mower all day...:) We are so Blessed to have the freedom to enjoy the month of June to the fullest!

Enjoy Summer while it's here!! Don't blink you might miss it!..;)




No comments:

Post a Comment