Colleen is here today again. She is teaching us how it works. Next week she plans to be here until he is hooked up then leave and after that we plan to wing it on our own! We are learning...
This is more painful and I hate to see Jordan dread his infusion each week! I hope and pray it gets better because I think we will really like the independence of this way once we get used to it!
You Amaze me with your bravery Jordan! Hang in there!... Thanks for praying got Jordan!
He now has three big welts on his arms. He said it didn't hurt as bad as the last time but he is still not to sure about this new way of infusing. He will like it once he gets good at it and can do it in less then an hour himself. This quote was him last week but today has seemed to go better so far... We are BLESSED!
June so far has been rainy and chilly! We have pulled the light jackets back out and we have had two days of steady rains. It was needed and we are thankful. I was out in the garden last evening playing around in the drizzle. The strawberries are hanging heavy and we are enjoying them a lot!
We are enjoying the start of our "Staycation" to!! We play UNO in the middle of the day and we spend some extra time in the kitchen. Creating. Justin is into coleslaw for some reason so we made homemade coleslaw and Jordan made lots more frozen pop treats! The fresh strawberries are mostly going into these treats right now!..:)
I went on the road yesterday afternoon and treated myself to Starbucks and new running shoes!.
It took me over a year to get used to vibram five finger barefoot shoes! A few years ago I started running with barefoot shoes since they were supposed to be better on the joints. My running style changed along with adjusting to this shoe. With time I loved how they made me feel so light on my feet. The last Half Marathon we ran it felt great running in these barefoot shoes.
When putting on lots of miles though I often had sore feet or the tendons in my feet got really tender. My shins struggled at times and I often felt "almost injured". Yesterday I set out to get another pair of these shoes. I was thinking that maybe mine were showing me a hard time because they were worn down so bad.
I cannot find vibrams in running stores or shoes stores in general. Only the outdoor sports places had them, so when Dave got new shoes at running stores I had to get mine elsewhere. Yesterday when I got to my store I saw they no longer carried vibrams! I asked them why and they said they are fizzing out because of a law suit or something in that line!? I could still order them online but a running shoe is something that I can't buy online very good. I like to fit them on before purchase.
After taking my time I decided to go back to a traditional running shoe with some cushion. Am I crazy!?? I think at times yes but then again I think I will get used to these and hopefully injure less with these shoes to. I did some research of my own last evening then and I found that opinions on vibrams vary a lot from people to people. I'm not sure it's the best to go back to sole shoes if I ran with barefoot shoes this long?! I plan to keep my running style the same with landing on my front foot area verses the heel strike. It seems to be less impactful and more gentle on the joints this way.
I did my first two miles with my new shoes this morning. I can tell it will take time but I think I will like it once I get used to it again.
No school this morning!! Yesterday was Jordan's last day of school! He will miss his friends and he is already trying to line things up to do with Mark..;) I hope to have his help mowing and doing yard work this afternoon. He is so much help here in the summertime and with Justin at the shop Jordan takes on most of his daily chores to now. Jenika has her morning chores to do as well and we are hoping for a smooth no school transition with no "I'm bored" coming from anybody!
Summer months are here!! We want to enjoy them!! We have a few short vacations coming up. My family is going to the cabin for a weekend in July. Dave's family is going to the cabin in July to. Dave and Rose will be here for a few weeks over that time and I'm sure we will be piling in lots of Zook family activities over that time! We are looking forward to seeing Dave's family again!
As for just our family? Our summer flies as it is and with all the small extended vacations we often do a winter getaway instead or a beach weekend. Dave's job has kept us close to home during the summer months for years now. His job recently has become less demanding and it is easier for him to get away from the office. We still like the winter vacations better though...:)
Belize is in the making again for this winter. Maybe long!? Like months!? We are still working on details and praying for clear vision. We are all so excited to possibly visit Belize again! Mahogany Bay Village is set to open up in November. It holds some winter month opportunity there with it. We hope to be a part of it. I'll share more as we go along in this preparation. School?? We are still working it out. A sixteen year old.?! We are still working it out...:)
The sun is trying to peak and the yard will be hay high if I don't get to it while I have the chance...:)
Blessings to you this day!


No comments:
Post a Comment