Tuesday, November 8, 2016

H.K./Cabin/Fall Beauty


The beauty that comes with this time of year is so breathtaking day after day!

I have been neglecting the blogging. It is just one of those things that I get to IF I get to and if not that's okay to... But then things just pass by and never get shared on here like I'd like them to.

Today is election day. I can say I cannot wait until its finally over! It is everywhere. We are not much for the news and we don't read the newspaper but even aside from that I feel like I have had my fill of Trump vs. Hillary stuff and its simply just getting old!

God knows the outcome already and we pray his hand will be in in this whole political process even if it seems so ungodly and corrupt at times. He is still the one on the REAL throne and he is and always will be our ultimate leader. May we look to him to change the hearts of the ungodly. lead the new President and lead the way of his people!

We did go out and vote and I hope you all did to. It is just that important that we use the freedoms we are given to help voice.

My Ballot Stub mixes in with a funeral card and I can't help but think that H.K. is a bit lucky to not  have to deal with these earthly issues any longer!

 Dancing with the angels seems way more appealing then caring who the next President will be!


H.K. passed away Friday. We got word when we were at the cabin last weekend. He will be greatly missed by his family, friends and his beloved church at Spring Garden!


H.K. baptized Dave and I. He married us. He dedicated each one of our four babies back to the Lord during baby dedications at church. We did many years of doing small groups with them. We loved and looked up to H.K. and Lynn tons!

He loved to preach Jesus and him crucified.

H.K. never had better messages then when he was in a setting with a mixed crowd like at weddings and funerals. He had a way of preaching that Heaven and Hell message that made your hair stand on end.

He reached countless young people through these powerful messages!

Those communion services!... It was where he often shared the death and resurrection of Jesus and the way he laid it out in all the gruesomeness that it was has it engraved in my mind for life.

The way he shared the "Joseph" story! It was his favorite and he often got hung up there when going through the old testament in council meetings.

The way he said the word "Somehow" over and over again during his messages.

When Dave and I started to attend at Spring Garden we had to wonder how you could ever sit under the powerful messages that came from behind the pulpit there and still live a life of sin!?

He impacted so many lives and his legacy will live on. His family is amazing and they love so well.

The funeral service was today and it was a huge funeral. The lines during the viewing showed that many many lives were touched by this man and his servants heart.

His sense of humor! His connection with Dave and all his investing world. Dave valued this mans opinion. They were thirty years apart but were great friends! Dave last talked to H.K. last Friday when he stopped in to see him. It was one of his last good days and Dave is ever thankful that he got that chance to talk to him and pray with him one last time!

Twenty years in a church under his leadership left a positive influence on our family! We love you Lynn and our prayers go out to you and the whole Fisher family!

H.K's bible was open to this verse today on the memory table and in his own handwriting he had written "Peace I Leave With You"! How fitting to close his chapter book on life here!...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We spent a lovely weekend at the cabin! Hunting was fun and the woods and trails were so beautiful with all the falling leaves and the beauty of the colors! I run the trails alone since Dave is still not back to running. His foot is still not the same and we hope it gets better soon!

School PTC's happened Thursday at noon then we were off to the cabin from school so we could get that evening hunt in Thursday night. Friday morning the guys hunted. Friday evening they hunted again. Nothing was shot. Jonathan's family and Micheal, Kristen and Serena joined us Friday night through Sunday. It was a time of games, great food, deep conversation, soaking the sun off the porch and lots of extra rest since the Daylight Saving Time started while we were away! It feels great to get the kids up in the morning with a peak of daylight in the windows!








Now that hunting season is in full swing we hope to spend more time at the cabin. Justin did not come though so it just doesn't feel the same when spending weekends away. Right now he chooses friends over family. Football over the woods. Work over time off. Its a stage I'm trying to get used to but I miss him and his action packed self.


Jordan has a story to tell that he will never forget that goes with this treestand that Dave is up there fixing!... I'll let him share it on the next post...:)


Notice the bent ladder and the bar that holds it in place... It slipped and Jordan went tumbling! He had angels and his story gave me goose bumps...:) I'll get him to share it.



I'm often tagging along with the guys in the woods because I just love to be outdoors on such lovely days! I do love lazy cabin time to but after awhile fresh air and this beauty just calls my name!

I love being in the woods and I even started to wish over the weekend that I was an archery hunter!...:)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This week we are preserving foods again. Pumpkin.... Sauerkraut...

Lots of chopping...


Kombucha bottle day was yesterday. I still can't get used to the barrel taste and I'm tweaking things to try to make it good but we still like the batch brew better so I have six gallons I bottle every ten days right now. I have plenty of starter cultures to share with you if you need one or want to make your own Kombucha Tea!

I'm trying my luck on doing my own sauerkraut. Chopping is the hardest part about this and this is really no big deal at all! We have started to eat sauerkraut on many of our foods and we love it! Another way to get those probiotics in!...:)


As the cold and flu season comes eat lots of colors in your diet to fight them off! Real food as much as possible and try not to reach for those boxes and bags more then you have to... Its a challenge but give a conscious effort and see where it takes you...:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School is going well for the three school kiddos.

We were so impressed with each one of the homeroom teachers that we met with last week!

We love Linville and so do the kids.

We are making a bigger effort to limit "even more" the gadget life that tries to steal much away from our kids these days! Jenika and Javon would live behind a screen if they had the choice. It seems to get worse with each one. Javon actually doesn't beg or sneak screen time the way Jenika does but I know it has lots to do with her school brain and how it all functions. She does better in school if she is not allowed screen time!

 Oh the challenges of technology! It really is sad what happens to our children if they are given unlimited time behind screens. Grumpy and irritable. Lack of helpfulness. Lack of gratefulness. Lack of imagination. Boredom. None stop whining... Seriously! Its moving into wintertime and the lack of outdoor life has us into more screen time. It keeps them quiet. It keeps them happy. (for the moment) Sometimes it just keeps me sain...:) (I need to go for a run instead of give in!...:})

Oh well we deal with it the best we can by the grace of God. #winterisnotmyfavorite! #technology #itsourgeneration #helpusLord!

Have a BLESSED week!



No comments:

Post a Comment