Jordan has been well and for that we are so thankful! He has some allergies that seem to be flared up the past few days. His eyes were pasted almost shut one morning and his nose runs. He has a cough at times to. I gave his room a real good cleaning yesterday to try to control the dust mites but I think it's the wind outside and dry air doing it to.
We did his second x-ray at the chiropractor and his nerve system has greatly improved. That's great! We will give it a little more time then maybe next treatment day get his blood retested to see if his body makes any more antibodies today then it did a year ago.
We are very much enjoying this Christmas vacation and the no school days! We are lazier in the mornings and up later at night. Dave is struggling though! He is still getting up early for work but still getting less sleep with staying up late.
I plan to take the boys out shopping after cleaning today. We have a few gift cards and Justin is shooting out of his pants at what seems like a great speed! Rachel Ann will probably be fine to keep the Little's for awhile so I can hang out with the older boys for a few hours. I look forward to see what they pick out. (could get interesting!)
We got our gym membership up and running again and four of us are feeling the after affects again!! Might as well get used to being stiff for awhile again until we get this on a regular schedule. We are also running up to 3-4 miles again. Time to get rid of all the holiday goodies in the house and get back to a healthier eating plan to! It was fun while it lasted but those type of good things must end for the sake of our health!! Lot's of people join gyms and start diets this time of year! I can easy see why!
Last evening we had a very interesting supper/slide show at Dave's sister Ruth. We met with a family that returned from Africa a few weeks ago. They were living very close corners with Dave and Rose! They had so much fun together as families and I'm sure Dave's are missing them down there! They spent five months kinda training Dave's in and now they are back in the states and have handed many of the duties they were doing off to Dave and Rose.
This family has big boys and a few girls. They spent three and a half years in Africa. They showed us pictures and videos of what they do in Kenya and we saw an amazing video of a wildlife park they drove through! Lions eating Wilda beast, Zebras, Crocodiles, Hippos, Elephants! (very neat!) I'm not sure how they are adjusting back in the states but from what I saw on the life they live in Africa I think it would be as much an adjustment coming home as going over!
They seem very busy in Africa!! They get very involved with the natives and the church that they work with. Also schools are very open to receiving Christian literature so they will go to huge schools and pass out story books. They wash dishes often out on the grass in large tubs after they have a big meal together (like a church gathering) They bend way over and wash dishes like that! They say if you would get them a table they would still put the tubs back on the ground!! Amazing the way they cook to! Kettles over a fire a lot off times! Seems they can make a kitchen anywhere in a short time!
The children get very involved to where they can! Josiah is the "Bread boy" He bikes down the road a few times a week to stock bread for the whole compound for a few days. Derek's highlight seems to be " Chicken Butchering!" He gets down and dirty on that morning and loves every minute of it! Maribeth can get a lot done to! She does house work alot and I can tell she loves on the "Babies!" I'm sure Rose is so glad for Maribeth many times!! Leandra is so cute on the slides and pictures to!! She seems to love the people and just seems to go her way.
Rose does some teaching of Bible Study for ladies, sewing, they seem to have put there heart into there mission and work very hard for the people over there! Dave is a pastor and also very involved in the church. People over there come with stories! They have nasty morals and at times it seems a question to the mission... "Why is it so hard for some of these people to stay faithful to God?"
The roads over there seem to be a challenge!! They have people everywhere! Walking, biking, motorcycles and cars lined up! Driving slowly is a must so it does not seem to be any of this getting somewhere in a hurry stuff like we have here! The short shopping trip I plan to do with the boys today would probably be an all day affair over there!!
Life on the compound seems fun and safe! The children have free time and seem to have a good time with friends! They bike on there driveway and have a fun looking "Gardner" His name is Sammy. He's as black as you get them with a huge white smile!! It looks like the children have fun with him!
The pictures and videos and stories were all very interesting and gave us a much better picture of what Dave's are doing in Africa but I'm sure until we are there to experience it on our own we really have no idea the commitment and adjustment that goes along with this type of mission!! And the homesickness!! I guess being busy helps with that and being surrounded with great people time probably does go fast.
To Dave and Rose...
We really miss you here when the family gathers together. Justin misses Joey more then I thought he would! He can't wait till they are old enough to do prefabs together!!:) It looks like you are all enjoying and putting your heart into your mission. The weather looks like something to be desired...:) (by me anyway!) The flowers look lovely!! I just wanted to smell them on the pictures!
It's great to have a better picture of what you are all doing. Lee's family is very nice and I'm sure you miss them very much! God has a big picture in mind and the work you are doing for his Kingdom is not in vain so many BLESSINGS to you and your family and the rest of your compound as you work together to bringing out the work of the Lord through serving others!!
Barefoot at the Christmas dinner?? Are you serious?? Oh how different we live right now!! We are freezing over here!! Have a blessed day in Kenya Africa!!
| Christmas party in Africa... |
This is the day that the Lord has made... I'm off to rejoice in it... hope you all do the same and have a blessed day!! The Lord has done great things for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment