The Christmas season just would not be the same without this annual fun cookie baking day. Mom, Marilyn, Kath and I get together somewhere every year to make cookies or whatever we all bring ingredients to make. We all kinda just have our own things we want made and just set about doing our own thing. This year it was in sister Marilyn's kitchen yesterday.
Marilyn made sticky buns and put them on trays for her neighbors. Kath took some of these out to her neighbors as well. Mom had a few batches of different kinds of cookies she was working on including my dads favorite oatmeal raisin. I just chocolate covered some peanut butter crackers and saved my cookie baking for my own kitchen last evening so my kids could help.:)
We were at this most of the school hours yesterday.
The smells are always fun and the kids always enjoy spending the day together to. This is what they wanted to do indoors so they were sent outside for awhile,they played in the tree house and on the swings until the rain came. Javon loves gadgets and they are even more fun when they belong to someone else because then it's something new...! My mom says "Help this generation is hooked on gadgets!"
I did get a good hard two and a half mile run in after this all day cookie party. I was so glad I got out even though it took all the effort I could gather to hit the road! Once I'm out I'm so glad I got to it!! The view in the sky was stunning! That always makes it worth it to! I love to be a runner when I round a corner and am met with an amazing sunset or sunrise! It makes me wonder why I would not have wanted to do this?... A most favorite quote of mine by Jim Rohn... For every disciplined effort there is multiple rewards! I need to remind myself of this often!
We were baking cookies here until bedtime last night! It was fun but I was tired and ready to stay out of the kitchen for awhile! The boys made two batches of chocolate chip cookie dough and I rolled out lots of sand tarts. Along with the chocolate covered crackers done yesterday we plan to make up containers to go bless the elderly again this year on Christmas eve. My family wants to go with us this year.
We also got some Africa news!... It seems Dave's are very busy! I'm not sure if it really seems like Christmas time to them down there? I'm sure they celebrate Christmas but the culture is so different it seems it would all just feel so strange and distant yet Christmas starts in the heart so I'm sure they are gearing up for Christmas as well even if they are in Africa!! Merry Christmas Dave and Rose!! We think of you all so often!!
They had a "jungle supper" hosted by there youth for couples... It looks so interesting and yummy!!
This is Maribeth with baby Katie...
| These children are waiting in line for chai!! A tea I think?? Wow they must really love the stuff!! |
Leandra is carrying her baby doll Kenyan style!! So cute!!
This is how they build homes in Kenya?? This looks like they are filling up these cracks with mud... The boys are mixing the mud!! Oh my Rose how dirty your laundry must be!!!
I guess this house is complete...?
This is Leandra at the gate with the vegetable ladies...
I understand they have a milk lady that comes to the gate early every morning to deliver fresh milk. I guess they also have vegetable ladies that come to the gate to sell vegetables! The veggies and fruit look yummy to!! Wow! I think I could get used to this system! The produce they have is probably even healthier then the stuff we buy in our stores! Oh well they can't get cereal, and chocolate chips or candy down there...:) Advantages and disadvantages just like everything else...;) Blessing sent your way in Africa guys!!
_____________________________________________________________________________
Jenika had a dentist appointment scheduled for today but she has a really nasty cold and early this morning she came to my bedside kind of panicking. She was not able to breath through her nose and she was not appreciating it at all!! She said "please help my nose!" She slept in my bed until 10:00! I canceled her appointment. She was not happy with me because she was looking forward to it!!:/ I hope she will be as brave as she says she will be until all her teeth are taken care of!
So for today the Little's are still in Pj's and I'm finishing up gift wrapping, washing bed linens and preparing for Jordan's class home tomorrow to bake cookies in the basement!! Could be an interesting afternoon!!...:) Christmas brings excitement to all but to see the excitement it brings to the children makes it so much more fun for us adults to! Lets just make sure to show we know the real meaning to this wonderful season!
They were having a blast wrapping each other!! I'm so loving on them today!
We are still praying for the families who will have an empty space in there homes over this Christmas season! So sad!! I cried tears of sorrow as I opened up my computer this morning and saw the horror these families are facing! The children were all so innocent and precious!!
A quote I saw this morning... We've escorted God out of our culture and marched him right out of the public square, then we express our shock when a culture without him, reflects what it has become.
Mike Huckabee.... "Where was God?"
Join in prayer for these families facing tragedy and a future without there precious loved ones!!
No comments:
Post a Comment