Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Magical!!

The WHITE snow is so much fun and just in time for Christmas!! It feels MAGICAL!!

We had a fun evening! We went to bless the elderly at Tel Hei Retirement Home. We were not able to give out the cookies we prepared today though. I guess so many of the elderly are not able to eat the goodies so they eliminated them all together.

This was the singing crew this evening... Smoky's and my Dad's joined us this year. Thanks for coming along everyone!!
We had a fun day doing last minute things in preparation for Christmas. We made about 20 small containers of cookies to share when we go out to bless the elderly...



Jenika is always the helper that stays around the longest! She loves to have her fingers in something messy!!

We also prepared a light supper for this evening when we got back from the elderly outing. We steamed some shrimp, made stuffed mushrooms, oyster soup, and Dave had some meat simmering while we were out. It was hot chocolate and cookies for dessert.

Our day was fun and relaxing, we had no idea that snow was in the forecast so we were in for a pleasant surprise this evening even though it made for some slippery roads as we were out and about this evening. Dave is so good driving on snowy roads! If I had been behind the wheel we would have went for a very slippery ride a few times!!

More of the evening... Blessing the elderly... They always just love to see the children!!!



We gave the kids small gifts after supper... It was a fun evening so far. The guys are out playing basketball in the garage at the moment. I think it will be Dutch Blitz yet when they get in.
Some of the yummy food we had this evening... We are so BLESSED!!



This thing finally found it's permanent home... With Jen!!... She was delighted and they are now getting to know each other... This will get interesting I can tell!...
It took me awhile to accept but I'm dealing with an all out cold!! The stuffed nose, dry lips, tissues in hand kind!! It's so annoying to be dealing with this on Christmas, nothing tastes as good and I'm just sneezing and all but I'm blessed to be able to be up and not in bed. I feel fine just a stuffed up head cold. This to shall pass. Maybe it will help me eat less?

Dave and I plan to be out and about in the morning delivering our neighbors popcorn and cards. Last year we missed this because Jordan was in the Hospital with pneumonia on Christmas Eve!! He was so sick last year!! I'll take this cold any day compared to what we had last year!!

I'm off to play Dutch Blitz... It gets good to!! Justin and I on a team and Dave and Jordan. It gets loud and rowdy! The boys love it and it's so much fun having kids this age!! We are enjoying our family Christmas more each year!

      A blessed Christmas day to all who jumped on here to see what we are up to over Christmas...
             JESUS IS THE REAL REASON FOR THIS WONDERFUL SEASON!!

Javon had just wiped out in the snow as he was firing up to throw a snowball!! He was not impressed but was soon laughing and throwing more snow!!


1 comment: